Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2012 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 and R/T

5K views 31 replies 23 participants last post by  wasp392 
#1 ·
Does the R/T version have any advantages over the SRT Challenger?

#3 ·
It's less expensive. It also has different stripes, wheels, and badges. These aren't really upgrades, but I do prefer the look of the R/T.

When I bought my R/T Plus, a SRT-8 would have been $13,000 more. The SRT comes with many of the R/T options as standard so depending on how many options you'd get on a R/T the price difference may be less.

#4 ·
The SRT is the top model, as far as performance the R/T is not as good (as you would expect). As far as comforts, you can get anything the SRT has but in doing so will cause the price of the R/T to go up getting almost (ALMOST..) as expensive as the SRT.

BASE - LOADED
R/T $28,000 - $41,000

BASE - LOADED
SRT $45,000 - $51,000

#5 ·
#15 ·
Fuel economy.

lol really
Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
hal you are making me fall out of my seat here in tears ............i am sorry but i really have to make a statement hear because i truly am tired of people comparing the rt to the srt and saying why a cheaper car really is better . first of this was one of the main reasons i did not want the car because quite frankly it really bothers me that they make cheaper versions of the car. if it is a muscle car let it be all these different versions yes i understand why so everybody can enjoy having one but i for one am sick and tired of the rt guys and so on attemting to school me on why there car is faster and blah blah blah. I hope i dont get in trouble here or lose any friends but this is ridiculus for the last time the rt for all purposes is a cheaper , slower less luxury version of the car and thats why it cost less. now if thats all a persons budget allows i totally understand because my srt is my first nice car ever but know what you have and quit trying to compare what you have to the higher model and so on and i am not saying that is what you are doing i am just saying that these type of posts always eventually lead up heading in that direction. My first car was a beat up oldsmobile firenza and i was happy with that i knew what i had and i knew its place in the scheme of things i never went around saying it compared to this or that cuz i knew it did not. like i said in a previous post i had a guy last weekend tell me his v6 challenger would smoke mine after he put the twin turbos on really . The rt is a beutiful car and all but i think its good to compare it to other rts i have never on this site said or asked how my car compares to other rt or srt because i dont care i got what i wanted and thats it. I think any person who compares there car to another on a regular basis really deap down wants the one they are comparing it too

#6 ·
#8 ·
#9 ·
I wish people would stop trying to be something they're not...... regardless how you present it, the cost difference between building an R/T, or buyer an SRT8 is negligable. The brakes alone are well over $3K. I'm sorry to tell you, (from a buyers perspective), in the end, all you have is an R/T with allot of after market parts.

#13 · (Edited)
I agree. Stingray, you've been here for 6 months and mostly have asked the same questions. The SRT is, for all intensive purpose a better car than the RT. But, it costs more; and, therefore should be. Can one improve a RT in certain areas to be better than an SRT, at a lower cost? YES, but in the end, you still won't have an SRT. Either crap or get off the pot, already!!:IThankYou:

#21 · (Edited)
I owned both an R/T and now 2 SRTs, both are awesome cars for their purpose. I think the advavntage of the R/T for me was it is a better daily driver for tires and gas, cheaper run costs in general. But I love the power of the SRT just a bit more so I don't drive it that often, I am dangerous behind the wheel of my SRT....

#25 ·
This is the new 2014 Cuda !

#29 ·
Can we ban this troll? I've been on this forum for a very short time but my God is it annoying to see these idiotic threads pop up from the same forum member.

You guys say don't feed the troll, I say we keep the troll out.

#30 ·
He came close to be being banned. Started ranting about the forum members, threatened to go buy a Mustang(which I wish he did), but the ban did not happen because I think he either stopped posting for awhile or cut down his posting. I wish he could be banned until or unless he actually purchases a Challenger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.