2013 Challenger Information Thread - Page 109 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 08:39 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by AMChief3 View Post
Off topic but does anyone have insight as to how long the 2013 Black Top option will be available for, until it gets axed? Will they offer that option until the end of model year production?
I asked this exact same question to my uncle who runs a dealership and he said as far as he knows it's a 2013 option only, but that could change.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Old 01-03-2013, 07:13 PM

Ordering PCP

Hi All,

I've been trying to be diligent in watching for any information as to when ordering will open up for Plum Crazy, along with frequently visiting my dealership to have them look it up in their ordering system. In my latest attempt to find info from our site I came across this other thread:

Latest ETA on Plum Crazy 2013?

Has anyone else seen or heard that the production date is now pushed to March 1st?

ResumeSpeed, I know you have already done so much for us already, but have you come across this information?

Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by ChicksMopar View Post
Hi All,

I've been trying to be diligent in watching for any information as to when ordering will open up for Plum Crazy, along with frequently visiting my dealership to have them look it up in their ordering system. In my latest attempt to find info from our site I came across this other thread:

Has anyone else seen or heard that the production date is now pushed to March 1st?

ResumeSpeed, I know you have already done so much for us already, but have you come across this information?

Thank you!!
I heard the same thing Lee at Baxter said in that thread because I was asking him about when he can order my PCP and that was what he found out. If you guys are thinking of putting an order in I'd highly recommend you chat with him before going with a local dealer.

Regardless of the production date, the first week of Feb order window does seem to line up with what RS was saying in other threads.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Selecter View Post
I heard the same thing Lee at Baxter said in that thread because I was asking him about when he can order my PCP and that was what he found out. If you guys are thinking of putting an order in I'd highly recommend you chat with him before going with a local dealer.

Regardless of the production date, the first week of Feb order window does seem to line up with what RS was saying in other threads.

Thank you. I guess I was just confused. In the original post by RS when he said the production date was scheduled to start Feb. 18th, people after that stated that ordering would open anywhere from a month to two before the schedule production date; meaning it would be opening up this month and we would see delivery in February.

I have another question for you Selecter. I noticed that you are from California as am I. Why is that you are ordering from Baxter who is in Nebraska? Thanks again!!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:31 AM

Some dealers become adept at ordering cars for a national audience. There are a few on the Camaro sites that do the same.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by ChicksMopar View Post
Hi All,

Thank you!!
if your so excited to get a pcp challenger the best way is to wait until they show up at dealerships....ordered cars are typically/always LAST in line....i wouldnt order a car again from Dodge....mine sat in Canada for over a month while dealer cars would ship in 2-3 days.....they wont run out...they never do...youll find pcp challengers in dealer lots for 6 months or more

IM GOING TO DRIVE OVER YOUR CAR
AND DO A BURNOUT ON YOUR HOOD!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (4)
Waiting on dealer stock is not the best way for everyone. For some of us ordering is a real preference that makes sense. I to await PCP news.

Last edited by JohnRogers; 01-05-2013 at 08:17 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnRogers For This Useful Post:
ChicksMopar (01-05-2013)
Old 01-05-2013, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by JohnRogers View Post
Waiting on dealer stock is not the best way for everyone. For some of us ordering is a real preference that makes sense. I to await PCP news.
Originally Posted by huggytree View Post
if your so excited to get a pcp challenger the best way is to wait until they show up at dealerships....ordered cars are typically/always LAST in line....i wouldnt order a car again from Dodge....mine sat in Canada for over a month while dealer cars would ship in 2-3 days.....they wont run out...they never do...youll find pcp challengers in dealer lots for 6 months or more
Huggytree

I happen to agree with JohnRogers on this one. I want to order my car the way I want. I wouldn't be happy with one or more things missing or added that I didn't want, knowing good and well that I could have ordered it exactly the way I wanted it. I'm also not worried about them running out, I would just like to order it as soon as I can. It's unfortunate that you had a bad experience, but waiting between one and two months is typical. The order has to be sent in and received, and the car has to be made! And as for customer orders being last in line this simply isn't true anymore. Dodge in one attempt to improve customer service has changed that. When a customer order goes in, it is now considered a "sold unit" and goes to the front of the line to be made, making the turn around time between 30 and 60 days.

I still look forward to hearing any info in regards to PCP
Old 01-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (14)
I am waiting to order a TorRed Classic... yea.. I could probably find one on a lot... however, I plan on this car being a life keeper and I want to know for the rest of time that I placed this cars order and my name is on the window sticker and it was built for me the way I exactly wanted it.
R/T Classic delivered on: 6/21/13
Mods installed:
Mopar CAI
RiderGraphix spoiler graphic
Skip-to-shift eliminator
Cursive Challenger on grille
Engine Cover air brush painted
Billet under the hood stuff
MOPAR door sills

Member of Frederick Scat Pack
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoparOhio For This Useful Post:
ChicksMopar (01-05-2013), FactoryWhiteInterior (01-06-2013)
Old 01-05-2013, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by JohnRogers View Post
Totally agree. Most dealers simply order everything "loaded"--meaning auto, sunroof, etc. I looked at cars.com dealer stock like crazy a year or so ago and finding a 6spd no-sunroof optioned how I wanted turned up maybe one or two units out of many hundreds.

If you really want it a specific way, the wait is worth it (you should also get a better price--closer to or below invoice rather than MSRP).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.