2013 Challenger Information Thread - Page 57 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 04:58 AM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by 6SPD4ME View Post
You can refer to the "History Channel", I believe it was on approximately 1-1/2 years ago, show titled "Ultimate Factory Builds", where they featured the Challenger being built. The actual Chrysler spokesman called them "BUZZ" colors. That is as "OFFICIAL" as it gets.

Do you agree???
I don't recall it in the episode, or know who actually said it, what his credentials are for Chrysler, and have never seen the use of "buzz" colors in any Chrysler literature.

If it is true than guy who thought buzz colors sounds better than hi impact colors should be fired in my opinion.

To me, the only color that should be associated with the word Buzz is yellow.

Last edited by ONTHEFENCE; 08-15-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 07:18 AM

Yep, I have seen Dodge call it buzz colo(u)rs more than High Impact Colo(u)rs.

Originally Posted by RRHemi
Getting upset over that is ridiculous! If Dodge is caving to that pressure they are making a mistake. They should be in the business of building and selling cars. Quantity creates profits, profits allows business to expand development, development will deliver the GT500/ZL1 fighter. Think big picture!
Still pissed I couldn't get a B5 blue car! I really like the "High Impact" colors but wouldn't own one myself. Even if offered without restriction they aren't for everyone.
They are in business to build and sell cars. Quantity does not create profit, it creates variable cost. Fiat knows what they are doing. The Dart, 300, Charger, and Jeep lineup is their "for the masses" vehicles, "Bread and butter." So chill out Chrysler is in good hands.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:57 AM
Premium Member

Photos: (9)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! View Post

They are in business to build and sell cars. Quantity does not create profit, it creates variable cost. Fiat knows what they are doing. The Dart, 300, Charger, and Jeep lineup is their "for the masses" vehicles, "Bread and butter." So chill out Chrysler is in good hands.
Having seen Fiat's performance to date, I would have to agree with your statement(s.)

Regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"
Old 08-15-2012, 09:38 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quantity increases profits. Quantity reduces variable costs via economies of scale. If a particular vehicle is not creating profits it could potentially receive less R&D money for upgrades and even get the ax once it's numbers fall too far. Remember the Magnum? Find someone else to tell to "chill out."
Old 08-15-2012, 11:33 AM

Quantity increases profits. Quantity reduces variable costs via economies of scale. If a particular vehicle is not creating profits it could potentially receive less R&D money for upgrades and even get the ax once it's numbers fall too far. Remember the Magnum? Find someone else to tell to "chill out."
I respectfully disagree with your explanation. An increase in quantity does not guarantee profits, it opens the door for dis-economies of scale. Variable cost (VC) is directly related to quantity of output (QO). If QO increases, so does VC. If QO decreases, so does VC. If QO is stagnant, so is VC. You are thinking of fixed cost, which is not affected by an increase of QO via economies of scales.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:19 PM

Is RedlineDodge Official?

Dodge Announces 2010 High Impact Colors
Old 08-15-2012, 01:33 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

I respectfully disagree with your explanation. An increase in quantity does not guarantee profits, it opens the door for dis-economies of scale. Variable cost (VC) is directly related to quantity of output (QO). If QO increases, so does VC. If QO decreases, so does VC. If QO is stagnant, so is VC. You are thinking of fixed cost, which is not affected by an increase of QO via economies of scales.
If output goes up fixed costs per unit go down, since they are spread across more units. If Chrysler is buying say, sheet metal for fenders, they will get a better price break if they are buying higher quantity. Wouldn't this lower variable costs or do both factors affect fixed costs?
Old 08-15-2012, 02:22 PM

If output goes up fixed costs per unit go down, since they are spread across more units. If Chrysler is buying say, sheet metal for fenders, they will get a better price break if they are buying higher quantity. Wouldn't this lower variable costs or do both factors affect fixed costs?
The net cost per unit will go down -- fixed cost will stay the same if output goes up due to economies of scale. Fixed cost is usually comprised of overhead, rent, loans, insurance, etc. So if fixed cost goes down that means a company is laying off employees or stopped paying rent.

A better example (very hypothetically speaking/typing) is that it costs Chrysler $1,000,000 to produce 1,000,000 cars per year (that's $1.00 per car). This $1,000,000 includes $500,000 in fixed cost ($0.50 per car). Fixed cost includes overhead, insurance, marketing expense, rent. As well as $500,000 in Variable cost (raw materials, delivery of said product, labor directly involve with the product).

Now lets say next year Chrysler decides to produce 2,000,000 cars. The Variable cost will increase because the number of cars has increased. Thus, variable cost rises from $500,000 to $1,000,000 (2,000,000 X $0.50 = $1,000,000). Fixed cost will not change regardless of the number of cars produced, thus it stays at $500,000.

The total cost to produce 2,000,000 cars will rise to $1,500,000 and the cost per car will fall to $0.75 ($1,500,000/2,000,000 cars). Because the fixed costs have been spread over a larger number of cars, the net cost per car will decline from $1.00 to $0.75.

Sorry guys that me and RRHemi thread jacked -- it was not intentional.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

So at this increased output fixed costs have gone to $0.75 per unit. Wouldn't VC go up in a non linear fashion(lesser) due to economies of scale? Thanks for the explanation WTF.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:56 PM
R.I.P. Fallen Member

Originally Posted by ONTHEFENCE View Post
Is RedlineDodge Official?

Dodge Announces 2010 High Impact Colors
What you are referring to is a statement from 2009, and yes, everyone was referring to them in their 1970's term, "High Impact", but since then, as in the Ultimate Factory Build: Challenger" Dodge has since referred to these colors as BUZZ COLORS.

So, is Green With Envy really Snakeskin Green or visa-versa ... It really depends on which side of the fence you were born on. As for me, I just go with the flow what Dodge calls them. And that is what my original statement is based on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.