2013 Dodge Durango Lease - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 12:54 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2013 Dodge Durango Lease

Hi All,

I've looked at the Durango forums and haven't been that impressed by the participation. Maybe someone here can help me out, since the dealers don't exactly do a good job of explaining anything.

Looking at the screen capture below, I have two questions.

I am looking at a closed-end 36 month lease with 12k miles/year. The MSRP is what it is, the Residual is fine, and the Fees (+1494.50) seem OK. The rebate is understandable. But then there is the "Cash Cap. Reduction' of $1913.21. Where does that come from? After looking at what they sent me, I also don't see anywhere that my down payment of $3000 reduces the Adjusted Cap Cost. It almost seems like my $3000 disappear into their pockets.

Hopefully someone can help me out. My lease calculator actually reads about $90 less per month because of the down, given the same numbers they are running.

Hopefully the answer to this can be helpful for Challenger leasee's as well.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
2013 Dodge Durango Lease-durango-screen.jpg  

Last edited by ToroRojo_MIA; 08-01-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2013, 04:26 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Ok, what I did was enter everything into the a lease calculator and used the $3000 figure as your total out of pocket. It only came out to around $5.00 a month cheaper. I think they are using $1,913 as a cap cost reduction and the rest to cover upfront costs? Problem number one is I can't get anything to add up to $3,000.

The only thing close is $1,913.21 cap cost reduction, + $448.96 first month payment + $448.96 security deposit, + $229.00 DMV fees = $3,040

The best advice is go over everything with the finance guy, and if you still don't understand have him go over it again.

Now what really scares me is the $899.50 dealer fee. What the heck is that? Sounds like a fee to recoup the some of discount off MSRP to me. My last lease was the negotiated price of the car, bank fee, tax, DMV and $75.00 document fee. I would definitely price around.

2013 Challenger R/T 27F... Bright white, Six Speed, Super track pack, 20s Barton shifter, Petty strut brace, SRT functional scoops, BT catch can, Mopar quad tips, Rocket Booster rims.

2013 Chrysler 300S
2009 Challenger R/T 6speed...miss ya
1968 Dart GTS Auto
Old 08-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,350 Times in 843 Posts
If they can't or won't take the time to make you comfortable with the details GO ELSEWHERE!
I'd want all the money evenly split across the months and give them a big fat ZERO downpayment. Why give your money up front?

Old 08-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Premium Member

Photos: (4)
OK... I'll try to go over the numbers tomorrow. I'm a CPA and I teach Personal Finance. Anyway, first you need to understand that MSRP means nothing in a lease. First, you negotiate your price like you would if you were buying outright. Then you get the financing for the lease. You need to get as big a discount as possible first.

Example: In 1994 I leased a 1994 3000GT. The sticker price was somewhere in the $24.5K range. I got about a $3K.5 discount right off the top before we talked lease. That lowered my monthly payment by almost $100! I ended up leasing that car for somewhere in the $299 range while some other guy did the same thing and walked out leasing it for the TV advertised lease payment of $399. Dealers make a killing off leases because they have people thinking wrong. A lease is no different than a regular sale to the dealer.

Like I said, I did not look at the numbers yet but I will try tomorrow if there is some time. Please wait to do this deal until you get more feedback from us. There are a ton of Durangos out there, so don't be in a hurry.

Last edited by georgethedog; 08-01-2013 at 09:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to georgethedog For This Useful Post:
gtdrivr (08-02-2013)
Old 08-02-2013, 06:02 AM

Thanks for all of the replies.

Steeler, you are right about the $899.50. I spoke to them again last night and it is in fact adding BACK into the price the reduction from the invoice price, which is how they got to the 37800. So the "Selling Price" is actually the invoice price. I'll just keep at it until I get the numbers I want. I'm in no rush.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:41 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,350 Times in 843 Posts
So they admit giving it to you with the left hand and taking it back with the right, no wonder people despise the auto sales industry.

Last edited by Yellow Jacket 2012; 08-02-2013 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-02-2013, 06:47 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

I'll give them a little credit, at least they put it all out there. I think the dealer fee is BS.
Diablosport 93 Tune

Past
2010 Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy
Old 08-02-2013, 06:59 AM

x2 on the dealer fees......JB.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:13 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket 2012 View Post
So they admit giving it to you with the left hand and taking it back with the right, no wonder people desprise the auto sales industry.
Amazing isn't it? I can't believe with all the information on the Internet that these dealers get away with this s**t. I just went through something similar with a dealership in Virginia. What they do is post on their website this ultra low dealer price. Which is basically less than invoice, minus the $2000 rebate, minus the $995 destination fee, then what they do is add the destination fee back into the back end of the deal, and add in a $499 doc fee. Basically tricking the consumer into thinking they are getting a great deal.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:19 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Originally Posted by cr.724 View Post
I'll give them a little credit, at least they put it all out there. I think the dealer fee is BS.
No, that's an incentive for the sales and lease manager to talk the buyer into a lease. Leasing is a nice money-maker for the dealer and they want the sales team to push them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.