Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2014 seat front removal help

7K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  BlairF 
#1 ·
Putting in some exhaust cutouts and want to come up under the seat with the wires. To do this I need to pull back some carpet which requires me to take the front seat out. Plus it will be easier working. Couple questions. One any body know what kind of bolts are holding the seat in? It looks like a torque screw but it's a bolt. Never seen a socket for that type of bolt. Lastly which is my biggest concern. What precautions do I need to take with the seat airbag? Can I just unplug the main harness under the seat and I'm good to go? last thing I want is to set that bad boy off.

#2 ·
Any socket that fits will work...I have done it many..many times....

As for the removal...I have never disconnected the - nor the + off the battery....all I do is have the car off...disconnect the plugs from under seats and that's it....

Good luck....

#4 ·
Hate to bump this, but if i drive the car with the passenger seat out, will anything bad happen? Working on my stereo, but need to take the car somewhere on Tuesday, if i am not done.... ?

#7 ·
You may get a warning. I recently removed the tailgate on my pickup for the day and the monitor said camera not connected.
Always make sure none of your body is near a bag just in case. You may disconnect the battery and wait a few minutes if it makes you feel safer.

#8 ·
Tuesday I am liable to drive it for a couple of miles without the seat. But then right back in the garage for continued stereo work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.