Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2014 SRT "Challenger" Refresh

65K views 72 replies 33 participants last post by  rayzazoo 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
looks aggressive

#5 ·
I agree, and if it's merely just a front end swap/heatlights, it should be relatively easy to put this on the nose of a pre 2014 Challenger and supercharge the 6.4L.

:rocker:

#4 ·
I think LA is the last evolution of the L-platform before it retires.
LA will be, dimension-wise, the same as LC but accommodating 6.2SC and a new cooling system, the 8-speed autobox and the new UConnect 8.4.

If it's more than that we would have seen the body completely covered like when they where testing the current 300/Charger..

#6 ·
To be honest, I like it. New front and rear fascia, along with revamped interior. Powertrain upgrades. Endless features and customizations = very rare Challengers. This may be the last generation "L" large car. 2014/2015MY through 2025.

#7 ·
When they always do a easy headlight /tail light swap it looks worse (without a complete re-design).
Why?...because if it looked good they would have done it in the first place.
2008-2013 nose for the win.
Look at the the two .... current lools like man and newer looks like boy.

#8 ·
I wonder if they'll split our "70" single reverse light to mimmick tail lights the 71's? I wonder how that would look on photoshop?
That would be different and inexpensive to do.

#10 ·
Like this,

#9 ·
I believe, based on the spy shots, that the headlights will have a more pronounced brow with an "angry" slope to them. I'm thinking a more familiar look that be a bit more related to the Charger.

#12 ·
Post #1 updated

#11 ·
That is nice lookin'.

#18 ·
To "Cuda-ize" it they have to do much more than change the front and rear ends. They need too straighten out the side character line, give it a Cuda hood (which was different from the Challenger) and have the rear fender peak come forward below the rear quarter window line, like the 70-74. Otherwise, it looks like a bastardized aftermarket job. Do it right, Chrysler, or don't bother.

#21 ·
I seem to be the only one that keeps noticing that there is nothing that says Barracuda will be an altered Challenger, and keep noting no mention of Viper, still believe/think the Barracuda is Vipers replacement? Facts; Chrysler was left with a warehouse full of V10 engines at shutdown and even tried to sell it off but had no takers. The bean-counters decided it would make better business spence to just build out what they had, as I have seen no NEW engine orders anywhere for Vipers. With CAFE standards I believe the V10 is dead to future. The Challenger may get different front and back facias for 14-15 dunno, and if they shorten it for those two model years, it has GOT to come from the cabin area, maybe 4seater instead of 5, but it's already been noted that the subcontractors contracts ALL end in 2015 MY for Challenger. That's what I have gotten out of all these articles, and still SUSPECT that that single spy shot is not Chrysler mule, but I'm like that, LOL! ;)

#36 ·
Who the heck thinks that the new 'Cuda is going to be the Viper's replacement?! The 'bean counters' would have been better off NOT spending the money to build a whole new Viper from the ground up! It would have been cheaper to burn those V10s in a ceremonial fire while producing some twin-turbo V8 or something for better gas mileage.

It cost GM somewhere in the neighborhood of $750 million to upgrade the C5 to C6 Vette if I'm not mistaken and I'm thinking the new Viper's development HAD to have cost somewhere in the same neighborhood to reengineer the Viper.

The idea that the new Barracuda will take the mantle from the Viper is nuts.

#23 ·
I think Dodge did a great job on our Challengers, in case they will do a wrong step in the next design they will loose lot of customers for sure.

#24 ·
Dodge must recognize that the only things the Challenger has going for it over its two competitors are its looks and size (good and bad). They can make it smaller to compete, but they cannot and should not deviate too much for its already classic styling. These renderings look good. That car in the Car and Driver article looks Japanese.

#25 ·
IMHO Plymouth is dead, so the Cuda is dead as well. A Dodge 'Cuda??? Chrysler 'Cuda?? I'm just too old for this to make sense. I love the Cuda rear end, but there's some kits aren't there to make the Challenger look more like a 'Cuda??

Anyhow, any updates for me should leave the exterior the heck alone. Get to the inside, give it full analog instrumentation with a dash that's particular to the Challenger, not shared by several Chrysler and Dodge products as well as a few Jeeps.

#30 ·
I 100% agree.

You can call it whatever you like but if it doesn't say Plymouth its not a Cuda.

Whats the biggest difference between a 1970 Challenger and a 1970 Baracuda?

Ones a Dodge and the others a Plymouth.

Before you get all excited remember what Dodge just released that they are calling a Dodge Dart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(looks like a honda civic)

#26 ·
So if it's an SRT Cuda, does that mean the Challenger is out for good? All models, SE, R/T? Just wondering if they removing the whole line of Challengers for 1 line of SRT Cuda. Seems like they'd lose money, and less options for people who can't buy a 600hp monster.

#27 ·
No, it just means instead of the SRT group developing a whole new car, they are just modifying the current Challenger and renaming it to be an SRT Barracuda, and I'd venture to say because of cost. That's where the SRT Viper almost got in to it's issues.

Essentially look at it like this. Mustang has the GT. It then goes to Shelby for a customized appearance and upgrade.

#37 ·
Well, I suppose I can leave the shaker hood on this rendering now that a Factory Shaker Hood is coming to 2013.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#38 ·
If Dodge was smart they would not mess with the stying of the Challenger at all. I have no problems with technical improvements but frankly, the body style is spot on and any tweaking will just uglify it. Also, dont know where that photo in the first post came from or how recent but I see a grille like the original show car of the Challenger with the crossbars on it; yuck.

#40 ·
If Dodge was smart they would not mess with the stying of the Challenger at all. I have no problems with technical improvements but frankly, the body style is spot on and any tweaking will just uglify it. Also, dont know where that photo in the first post came from or how recent but I see a grille like the original show car of the Challenger with the crossbars on it; yuck.
Reserve your judgement till you see the actual car..
What in the first post is an impression of what the car would look like based on the spyshot using a photoshop.

Any manufacturer that send his car for a 10 years production life span has to make a few design tweeks (facelift). Some of them do it as a mid-life refresh i.e. after 5 years of production. But with this, by the time you reach the 5 years, the general consumer will look at it as an outdated.
Challenger will be on its 6th year of production by 2013 and the 2nd design. Getting a refresh every 3 years (minor or major) is a good way to keep the consumer excited and the product on the hot side..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.