Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2015 Challenger information thread

4M views 13K replies 759 participants last post by  DailyChallenger 
#1 · (Edited)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Dodge Challenger - Features and options (detailed pricing in post #2)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exclusive information for ChallengerTalk.com
Compiled by ResumeSpeed
Last updated: November 17, 2014

World Premiere (Challenger SXT, R/T and Scat Pack): Thursday April 17, 2014, 11:30am EDT - NY Auto Show (press preview)
World Premiere (Challenger SXT, R/T and Scat Pack): Friday April 18, 2014 - NY Auto Show (public)
World Premiere (Challenger SRT and Hellcat): May 20, 2014 (online, press release & social media)

2015 order banks open USA (SXT, SXT PLUS, R/T, R/T PLUS, Scat Pack, SRT 392: July 9, 2014
2015 order banks open USA (SRT Hellcat): August, 7, 2014
2015 order banks open USA (Shaker): TBD
2015 order banks open Canada: July 23, 2014 (all models except Shaker)

Last day of production for 2014 Challenger SRT: May 30, 2014
Last day of production for 2014 Challenger SXT and R/T: June 27, 2014

2015 production launch: July 21, 2014
2015 production launch (Hellcat): September 23, 2014 (gradual ramp-up)

2015 sales Launch: September 1, 2014

------------------------------------------

2015 Models:

SXT 3.6L
SXT PLUS 3.6L
R/T 5.7L
R/T Shaker 5.7L
R/T PLUS 5.7L*
R/T PLUS Shaker 5.7L
R/T Scat Pack 6.4L
R/T Scat Pack Shaker 392
SRT Premium 6.4L
SRT Hellcat 6.2L

(*will have R/T Classic Package option)

2015 Engines/transmissions:

3.6L Pentastar V6 (SXT, SXT PLUS, 8-speed 845RE automatic trans) (305hp/268tq)

5.7L Hemi MDS (all R/T models, 8-speed 8HP70 automatic trans) (372hp/400tq)
5.7L Hemi (all R/T models, 6-speed TREMEC TR-6060 manual trans) (375hp/410 tq)

6.4L Hemi MDS (Scat Pack, 8-speed 8HP70 automatic trans) (485hp/475tq)
6.4L Hemi w/o MDS (Scat Pack, 6-speed TREMEC TR-6060 manual trans) (485hp/475 tq)

6.4L Hemi MDS (SRT, 8-speed 8HP70 automatic trans) (485hp/475tq)
6.4L Hemi w/o MDS (SRT, 6-speed TREMEC TR-6060 manual trans) (485hp/475tq)

6.2L Hemi Supercharged (SRT, "Hellcat", 8-speed 8HP-90 automatic trans)
6.2L Hemi Supercharged (SRT, "Hellcat", 6-speed TREMEC TR-6060 manual trans)

2015 Exterior Colors:

ENLARGEMENT

All models (including SRT and Hellcat):

Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
Bright White Clear Coat
Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat
Pitch Black Clear Coat
TorRed Clear Coat

All models except as noted (including SRT and Hellcat):

B5 Blue (n/a on SXT or SXT Plus) (late availability, February 2, 2015 production launch)
Ivory White Tri-Coat Pearl (n/a on shaker models, n/a on SXT)
Jazz Blue Pearl Coat (n/a on shaker models)
Phantom Black Tri-Coat Pearl (n/a on shaker models, n/a on SXT)
Redline 3 (n/a on shaker models) (late availability, September 1, 2014 production launch)
Sublime Metallic Clear Coat (n/a on SXT or SXT Plus)

2015 What's New: (some features may be optional and available only on selected models)

New: "LA" series, major refresh
New: All-new interior
New: All-new electrical architecture system
New: 6.2L Supercharged engine (SRT Hellcat)
New: 8-spd transmissions (all models)
New: Adaptive Cruise Control
New: Ambient lighting on door trim panels (SRT, Hellcat)
New: Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
New: Brembo 6-piston front brakes (Hellcat)
New: Competition suspension (Hellcat)
New: Customizable color TFT instrument cluster display
New: Dual zone climate control
New: "ecall" - one-touch 911 access, Roadside Assistance Services & crash notification
New: Fascias, refreshed front and rear
New: Forward Collision Warning
New: Halo headlamps
New: HD Radio (RA4 radios only)
New: Illuminated cupholders (front)
New: LED split taillamps
New: LED daytime running lamps
New: ParkView rear backup camera (built-in to spoiler)
New: Performance Pages screens, advanced (SRT and special model only)
New: Quad exhaust tips (Hellcat only)
New: Radios, new 2nd generation 8.4" (models RA2, RA3, RA4)
New: Red brake calipers (Hellcat)
New: Remote lock/unlock doors, start vehicle, flash lights from any distance via the web or a smartphone app
New: Selectable drive modes (special model, SRT and Hellcat)
New: Shark fin antenna (satellite radio)
New: Speedometer, 200mph (Hellcat)
New: Steering wheel, power tilt/telescoping
New: Uconnect radio platform, 3rd generation, w/voice recognition technology for handsfree mobile phone, music, texting and navigation operation
New: Ventilated front seats

ENLARGEMENT

--ResumeSpeed--

See less See more
#11,139 · (Edited)
I have an ipod touch hooked up to it and I have to do everything through the ipod unfortunately. I'm used to it though and doesn't bother me since I had to use this same method in my last challenger

#11,140 ·
2015 Challenger in Hemi Orange

All,

I posted several days ago about wanting hemi orange on my 2015 Challenger. As most of us know it's not available this year. Orange is my favorite color and I don't feel like I'd be completely satisfied unless it was hemi orange. So I was thinking that I could buy an R/T (maybe a Scat Pack :) in a different color and get it painted hemi orange. Is that something that's costly to do? (I've never had a car professionally painted before). Is there a color that's best to paint over or does it not matter since it will likely be stripped? I hate to have the new paint stripped off, but if I wait till next year and Hemi Orange still isn't offered I will have missed a year having fun in the '15.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

If any of the Dodge insiders have insight into next year's colors please speak up. Doesn't the color list for the next model year usually leak around May? Just so you all know I'm not trying to rain on the parade of the 2015. I'm very happy for everyone who wanted Sublime Green or B5 blue and will be able to get it this year!

#11,141 ·
I wouldn't strip the paint off, obviously follow the word of your painter but seems like the factory paint and primer would be good to stay. Hardest thing is the disassembly of the car to do the job right. Hood, doors, trunk, interior stuff...much needs to be removed. Can't imagine getting a good job done for less than 10 grand.

#11,145 ·
I have a 2015 SP with the 8.4 nav radio. 3rd gen iPod touch (old) works fine when hooked to blue tooth both running rhapsody or iTunes including skipping tracks with wheel controls. Will check if itunes works w/USB plugged in -- I know the rhapsody app doesn't like the USB cable. If I get a chance I will also try wIth later gen iPhone.

#11,146 · (Edited)
One of the dealers in my area got 6 of the 2015 challengers. I went out to look at them and the were all RTs. The window sticker said it was an R?T but also listed it as an SXT with a $4500 option package which gave it the 5.7 engine. It also had the R/T badge in the front grill. I am totally confused on what this thing was and why it started out as an SXT and then turned into a R/T. I did not like what they did with the inside door panels and the inside door handle. The front grill doesn't look as good to me as it did in the pictures. The grill looks cheap to me any way. I like the rest of the car but I am going to keep my 2012 Challenger SRT which I bought new in march of 2013. It has 13000 miles on it and I think it looks much better outside than the 2015. My wife says its the cheaper model that's why I am not impressed with it. She wants a new challenger but says she wants a nice one. I said then you should wait for the hell cat. She drives my 2012 every once in a while and she is in love with it. I told her buy the hell cat and Ill give you my SRT. We will see how that go's.

#11,157 ·
I told her buy the hell cat and Ill give you my SRT. We will see how that go's.
Now that is a good plan! There is nothing cooler than cruising down the road in your Challenger ogling your wife in her Challenger, or vice-versa. These cars are totally bad-ass on the road.

#11,148 ·
So on the way home tonight my Ram throws a CEL so I stop by the Dodge dealership to get it cleared anyway they had two '15 R/T Coupes both are automatics and I'm glad I sat in one with an auto.

The tranny hump is considerable so much that I had to bend my right foot to go around it and it did not feel natural.

The best way to get the feel of it is lay down and put your right leg over your left leg (see below) then put your top of your left foot on the outside of your right ankle and try to rotate your right foot right. The feeling I got in my ankle when I stepped on the gas pedal was not pleasant. I will be getting a 6 speed, I really wanted the 8 speed but not with that hump.

Reactions: Trainwreck2997
#11,165 ·
So on the way home tonight my Ram throws a CEL so I stop by the Dodge dealership to get it cleared anyway they had two '15 R/T Coupes both are automatics and I'm glad I sat in one with an auto.

The tranny hump is considerable so much that I had to bend my right foot to go around it and it did not feel natural.

The best way to get the feel of it is lay down and put your right leg over your left leg (see below) then put your top of your left foot on the outside of your right ankle and try to rotate your right foot right. The feeling I got in my ankle when I stepped on the gas pedal was not pleasant. I will be getting a 6 speed, I really wanted the 8 speed but not with that hump.

I suspect the transmission tunnel in the floorpan will be the same whether automatic or 'stick...lower costs to not have all the variations in sheet metal.

The 6-speed versions will probably have an opening die cut for the shifter mechanism to pass through (the automatic is all electronic shift mech.) - the wider tunnel for the 'auto just creates more room for the manual - and remember...the SRT Hellcat has a oil pump/cooler system on that application for the Tremec 6-speed, so there's more going underneath the floorpan than in previous years.

The way I drive (I have 6-speed) -my heel is on the floor, slightly closer to the brake pedal and I rotate my foot to right or left depending on whether I need to brake or use the accelerator - I don't have to lift my foot off the floor to move between brake or throttle. [I use the same approach on my other car which is automatic trans]

#11,152 · (Edited)
Did your dealer have allocation and did they give it to you?

If not, it's a wait until October 14 to see if you make the next month allocation.

#11,153 · (Edited)
Looks like they upgraded the SG2 system in the 2015:

2015 Sound Group II
- 506 Watt Amplifier
- 9 Amplified speakers w/subwoofer

2014 Sound Group II
- 368 Watt Amplifier
- 7 Boston Acoustics speakers w/subwoofer

Has anyone listened to the 2015 SG2? I am wondering how it compares to the HK.

#11,159 ·
By the way my 2011 SRT8 Limited Edition is for sale. It's car #503 of 1100. I have 32K miles on it and all maintenance records are maintained through the Dodge dealership. Car is in excellent condition. still looks new. If interested (254) 339-5302. Asking $35.500 or make offer.

#11,160 · (Edited)
Is the first week of Nov. when the next set of order banks open?

My first order was cancled due to the sunroof. I was willing to wait but if what RS said is true about the sunroof getting an April build date I have decided I won't wait that long.....waiting that long wont get me the car untill June/July. Might as well wait for 2016 MY then.

#11,161 ·
Next allocation balance out is October 14.

Reactions: NX91Notch
#11,162 ·
Local dealer finally got an SXT in (still waiting for my RT to be built) so going to weigh in on the roominess/cupholder debate a bit.

I'm 6'1", slender build. The roof (no sunroof) had a good 8+ inches of free space, not feeling cramped what so ever. I did not notice the "tranny hump" some people are talking about with the new automatic.

My arm reached the shifter nicely while still having a couple inches at the end of the arm rest to place my elbow. I can see how a tall cup in the "driver side" cupholder would obstruct access to the shifter, but it appeared a tall cup could fit nicely in the "passenger side" without obstructing shifter use. That said, if you're on a long trip and just leave the shifter in Auto/ use the paddles/ leave it in 6th gear, you can rest your arm nicely on the arm rest and have easy access to your beverage.

Now to matters of personal taste:
People's cellphone shots of the center console material tend to make it look like nasty "ricer" perforated aluminum, but in person it's actually much softer and the perforation isn't noticeable, more of an added texture that softens the brightness.

The 8inch uconnect is a must have, the 5inch version is just terrible.

Like an idiot, I didn't look too closely at the gauge cluster to make a judgement on the size of kilometer gauge.

I personally found the new front and back very gorgeous. The split taillights look blacked out stock, and a darker car (this one was granite) blends in with the black "diffuser" extremely well that the transition was barely noticeable. This SXT had no spoiler at all and I thought it gave it a very classy look.

I had been debating debadging my rear end from saying "Dodge" and it would be easy to do, the letters are stuck on, no "indents" to fill, but after seeing it in person I think it adds an nice, subtle amount of brightwork in the back.

I will likely remove the Challenger badge from the front and just leave the R/T, but I really enjoy the new split front and didn't find it too busy. The two hood scoops do seem to have been brought "further forward" than previous years, which makes the front seem slightly stubbier, and the honeycomb is inside the scoops. I think it will blend in better on a black car, but I could see that part making it slightly busy, matter of personal taste.

The interior is 100% driver focused now, the way everything sweeps into the driver area, it could have been a single seat car, with up to four other people tucked away lucky to be along for the ride. Every other car I've been in before is very "centered" and makes the driver feel like they are just bolted on the side of the car, but the new interior, the driver is all that matters.

#11,168 ·
. . . I personally found the new front and back very gorgeous. The split taillights look blacked out stock, and a darker car (this one was granite) blends in with the black "diffuser" extremely well that the transition was barely noticeable. . .
I like the black look of the tail light area. I noticed though when I waxed the glossy black plastic, the wax got stuck in the tiny circular mold marks and took a little more effort to clean it all out.

#11,167 ·
I went from a '13 6spd R/T to a '15 Scat Pack R/T 6spd and notice no difference in foot room. What I do notice is that it appears to me the seat can not be adjusted to go as low as the previous years. I feel like I am sitting higher up.

#11,174 ·
Does anyone have any info on when the Scat pack with the shaker hood will be released?. All I see on the dodge site is sometime in 2015.. I'm thinking about just ordering a scat pack with the Regular hood and having the accessory shaker hood installed. if it's going to be awhile before i can order one with a shaker...

#11,181 ·
Thanks For The Info Hal H

I appreciate the info one the order date for the the Scat Pack Shaker very much!!

I was really peeved that two sales associates and the owner himself did not know anything about Dodge making a more readily available for the 2015 models. I purchased my first Chally from them in March and am a possible return customer. So now with this new info I am planning on going back and speaking to my salesman, who is really nice and friendly, and using this as a bargaining tool. "How can I trust a dealer when I know more than the person selling such an expensive vehicle to me?" type of thing. Is that a bad idea though. Would it seem too condescending? I really appreciate everything about this forum and the fellow Challenger owners and all of the incredible information. Thanks Everyone. :thumbsup:

#11,183 ·
I would like to say thanks for your service to Trainwreck and congrats on your retirement. I too served 28 years in U.S.Army,retired 9/9/2002. Sfc Jackson Bradley patoon. Search and destroy. Keep the positive attitude. I have had my issues also,but pray and thanks God for allowing me to see yet another day. Take care.

From one soldier to another I salute you.

#11,185 ·
2015 18" SXT wheel fitment over RT+ Performance Brakes

I posted this over in the Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension forum, but I thought maybe someone would more likely see it here:
Anyone know for sure if the 2015 18" wheels from the base model SXT will fit over the RT+ "performance" Brakes? Maybe with a little caliper modification? The roads here in Ohio are just not good enough IMO for the 20" low profile wheels/tires. I'd like to ask the dealer to swap them when my car arrives. SXT rotors are 12.6", RT rotors are 13.6", not sure if the RT calipers are larger toward the wheel. Thanks for the help!

#11,186 ·
I posted this over in the Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension forum, but I thought maybe someone would more likely see it here:
Anyone know for sure if the 2015 18" wheels from the base model SXT will fit over the RT+ "performance" Brakes? Maybe with a little caliper modification? The roads here in Ohio are just not good enough IMO for the 20" low profile wheels/tires. I'd like to ask the dealer to swap them when my car arrives. SXT rotors are 12.6", RT rotors are 13.6", not sure if the RT calipers are larger toward the wheel. Thanks for the help!
They ought to - the R/T models used both 18" or 20" wheels and use the same brake hardware (two piston front caliper / single piston rear).

Reactions: Briwood
#11,188 ·
Chrysler Employee Advantage Friends Program

The Employee Advantage Friends Program states "The participant may not be charged for any preparation fees, delivery and handling charges, service or overhead fees, or any other such delivery fees under this Program. Documentation fees are allowable under the respective governing State in which the vehicle is titled." Does this mean I don’t have to pay the $995 destination charge?
Thanks for the help!

#11,192 ·
Any ideas on how long this year's production will run? I'd love to upgrade to a B5 2015 R/T (well, I'm guessing I will once I find one to test drive), but since that color delivers at the end, my thought is I'll have less time to find this sought-after color before production ceases. I would special order, but none of the dealers around me seem to understand that doesn't mean I want to spend 40K on a bone-stock R/T (that, and they can't even seem to figure out how to do a special order...)

Do we have a line on the colors available for 2016? That might make my decision easy :D

TCB

#11,193 ·
Production for 2014 ran through early July 2014 so you can probably estimate that the 2015s will follow the same timeline.

#11,196 ·
Guess what???? I finally got to sit in a 2015 Challenger at a local dealer in Columbia, IL. Domino's comments had me a bit apprehensive about a lack of roominess for big guys like me. Well, there was PLENTY OF ROOM once I adjusted the seat. He was right about his leg/ankle being up against the console, but that seemed okay to me. Overall I thought the car was awesome and simply beautiful, inside and out.

#11,204 ·
That is where I went to test drive a 2015. My cousin is 6'3 and 275 and thought it was roomier than my 2011. We checked out the remaining stock of 2014s hoping to get a deal, but once we test drove the 2015 it was a wrap. If they honor True Car and the USAA discount I will purchase through them, specifically Ryan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.