Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2015 R/T Scat Pack

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Judgester 
#1 ·
To trade in my 2013 R/T blacktop edition with 15k miles for a 2015 R/T Scat Pack edition. Decisions decisions. Anyone have any thoughts? I need to go test drive it at least to see what I think but all they have are automatics. If I did, I would want the 6 speed. Hmmm

#3 ·
I have lived my automotive life under the mantra "buy the biggest engine you can afford." That's just me. However, my auto use habit also is to drive the new car out of the dealers, and drive it to the junkyard ten-twelve years later, big engine and all. Trading a 15K car in on another new car sounds like an expensive proposition. But again, that's just me.

Only you know your circumstances and your wants and needs. Follow your heart... and head.

#5 ·
Yeah, I want that 6.4 and it wouldn't cost to much since my car now is in prime shape. I've only driven it in the rain a handful of times and take really really good care of it so I know I would get top $. Like I said, I'm at least going to test drive the Scat Pack, even if it's the auto, just to see. Then maybe the dealer can find me a 6 speed if I want to do the trade in. It's going to be hard to part with the 13 BT edition though. It's so sexy IMO

#6 ·
Trade it in..Take the difference & save the tax.. No brainer..
2 yrs newer model, better engine, trans etc..
Your car is worth as much as its going to be NOW as a 2yr old car..
Any longer, & it will depreciate like skiing down a mountain!
The 2 yr point is the time to get the MOST VALUE for your car!

#7 ·
Go for it I had 2010 R/T with a auto ever since I had it I wanted A MANUAL I traded for a 2015 R/T Plus 6speed I love it this Challenger is way better than any car I have ever own and I would never trade the 6 speed for any Auto for some reason most all dealers try to talk me into the auto but i glad i held out for the 6 speed I did up grade to a BARTON shifter worth the money

#8 ·
Just a quick aside, in my area, Delaware, Southern NJ, and Maryland, you can find 6 speed RT's and Scat Packs all day long. Automatics are hard to come by. Why, I dunno.

#9 ·
SO I have never owned a mopar before but I just purchased the Sublime green Scat Pack and what a fantastic car. I have had many a hot rod in my day as a younger man, but this one is top notch. I say go for a test drive and get as many options as your wallet can stand.

As for the 6 speed vs the 8sp automatic...All I can say is ...for as much as I love a standard, this car is a daily driver and the gas mileage is better with the automatic . Additionally, with the very cool launch control and ability to standard shift with either the paddles or stick is pretty cool. This 8 sp will get down and go.

That being said , I totally understand that feel of the car you get while actively shifting a standard. I would only say give the new automatic a test run in both sport and street mode.

Either way... pls let us know how you choose. Look forward to the pictures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.