Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2016 Order Banks Are Open for Challengers

25K views 166 replies 40 participants last post by  Liam1694u 
#1 · (Edited)
Just got back from placing my order with my dealer for a 2016 Scat Pack.

Loaded it up with A8, Modern R/T Hood Stripe, and the Forged Lightweight wheels! LOL

Seriously, kept this one basic, and just the way I wanted my new B5 Scat Pack. No restrictions, and the Chrysler accepted the order.

Pricing was the same as the '15 model with the same options, so I'm even happier.

Now the wait begins :)

#4 ·
Any idea if that includes Hellcats?

#6 · (Edited)
I didn't ask, but it was "hinted" that they weren't open yet.

When the dealer called me today, they stated to get in and order "sooner than later" for a SP???

I was also told that the price that I ordered it for was "locked in", unless there was a price decrease, and then I could accept the new pricing.

The way the conversation went, I took it as there may be a price increase pretty soon. Honestly, I expected an increase for the '16's right off the bat, so I was pleasantly suprised that there wasn't one. :)

Actually the MSRP was $5.00 less than a '15. The WRT wheels were $995 for the '16. The '15 WRT's were shown as $1000 option?

Go figure :)

#7 ·
Yeah, I talked to my dealer yesterday, he told me Monday.

#8 ·
What are everyone's thoughts about waiting until after New Year's to place an order on a SPS? I'd love to order one next week but it would likely be delivered just in time for snowfall and this won't be driven in the snow. I just don't want to get screwed and find out that something won't be available (don't care about purple) when I go to order in Jan/Feb.

#9 ·
Order your car NOW. I can almost certainly guaranty at least one option you want will be restricted / short supply / not available. Not sure what that option will be, but I'll bet you something will be. And there is a good chance that pricing will go up in a few weeks if it hasn't already. Order your car Monday, it might get built just before the snow falls, and you will have what you want. Unless you are driving the car across the country in the snow, a few miles home from the dealer in maybe a light dusting of snow in November won't break the car. Or have it delivered on a trailer. Don't wait, buy the car now. Go for it. Come on, do it.

#10 · (Edited)
Ha, no, the point about the snow is that I'd rather not order it now and then just stare at it all winter while it sits in the garage. Not to mention, I have a busy fall scheduled and I just know it'll be delivered one of the weeks that I'm out of the state. They aren't starting production until late September so that puts it at a late Nov/Dec delivery.

You did hit on the points I'm wondering about regarding items that become restricted or unavailable later in the MY. I'm just wondering if that would actually happen by Jan/Feb.

#13 · (Edited)
One can never "outguess" what FCA will do, or what will go on restriction and why. I took my dealers advice, and ordered yesterday, which still had '15 pricing, and no restrictions.

Not sure when delivery will be, but I'll end up looking at my '16 through the winter too, especially if it's a snowy one.

The way I see it, that's fine. I would rather be looking at the car just the way I wanted it, and ready for Spring time fun.

So many variables happened in '15, and it could very well be that way again in '16. Just don't know and I wan't going to chance it. IMO, better having a car on order with a potential for a delay, than trying to place an order, but can't because of a restriction on a certain item/package.

Best of luck to you on your SP. :)

#14 ·
No Hellcats yet! But, start ordering your SCAT Packs!! :)

Attachments

#15 ·
I just returned from a semi-local dealer empty handed. I called yesterday when I heard order banks were open ahead of the 8/17 date reported nearly everywhere. Yep, they were open! So, I headed there today, only to be shot down. Apparently the SRT order bank is closed again. Next time, I'll call first!

At any rate, I'm stoked to be this close to ordering a new warhorse...

Finally, if anyone is looking for a new, 2015 sublime green with all options, let me know. They have one on the lot.

#17 ·
I was kind of wondering if I was reading too much into what and how my dealer was telling things me yesterday. I know them well, but they had that "urgent" tone of getting my SP order placed.

Now I'm wondering if the increased HC production promise for '16 may just affect SRT and SP production. All are "speciality" Challengers, compared to the regular line up, and I'm sure that FCA doesn't want to disrupt the bread and butter line up, so the HC is the top of the speciality food chain, with the SRT and SP following, so.......SP's are at the bottom of that chain, just because of the margin made!

Could be an interesting '16 model year.

#16 ·
I'm going on Shark Tank and getting Cuban and Herjevek to back me on buying 500 Plum Crazy and 500 Go Mango Hellcats, then selling them for outrageous markups. Bwa ha ha ha ha >:)

#19 ·
Great, Let us know how it goes.

#20 ·
It all depends on how many HC's and SC's your dealer is allocated. A small dealer won't get as many as a big dealer. If they didn't have an allocation system, the big dealers would get all the cars and the little guys wouldn't get any.

Reactions: karter
#21 ·
I'm going to order mine tomorrow....

I have a question for the order gurus.... does ordering a car "lock in" the MSRP? So of you are saying order now before the price goes up... but my local dealer is saying "we don't know what the price is for 2016 yet" and that sounds fishy to me.

#23 ·
Just got back from ordering my Scat Pack Shaker in B5 Blue. I signed on an agreed price so if MSRP goes up, it doesn't matter. I did, however, pay invoice on an almost fully loaded SPS. Everything went smoothly. And MSRP on a 2016 is the same as 2015.....for now.

#31 ·
Placed my order today:

2016 Challenger Scat Pack
Bright White
6-speed
Sound Group II
Navigation

Once it's been built, it will be drop-shipped to a dealer in CA for the Hurst conversion. That adds 3 weeks to the process. I order all my cars, so I'm used to the wait, but this one is really going to be tough.

Reactions: Slidd
#32 · (Edited)
Ordered mine earlier today :thumbsup:

Scat Pack Shaker w/ 6-speed, B5 Blue, Scat Pack Appearance Group, Nav, Harman Kardon Stereo, Tech Group, Convenience Group and Forged Wheels

It will be the 1st SP I've ever seen in person lacking the blowhole in the roof.

Locked in an agreed price at invoice, got my VON number before I left. None of my chosen options were blacked out when I ordered.

I will never purchase another vehicle off the lot again. Much easier to order if you can wait, dealer didn't bat an eye at selling me the car at invoice.

I owe it all to you guys for giving the me information needed to walk in with confidence and get it ordered.

#34 ·
Hey all. Congrats to everyone who ordered their new demon-seed. I think dealers are saying order now because B5 Blue will only be produced for the first month or two of production. Also, dealers always want to sell you a car today rather than wait. As I want a Plum I will have to wait until next month to order but that didn't stop me from calling my dealer today to check on things. The B5 is the only other color that I considered but am taking the Plum plunge. I'm coming from a all Ford family so can't wait to see the new bad boy sitting next to my neon green Boss 302. Instead of good cop/bad cop it'll be bad and badder. Can't wait to own my first "Chrysler" product since my 76 Volare.

#36 ·
Just one quick simple question that has probably been answered a dozen times by now, sorry.

Ordered 2016 Hellcat Challenger and I have a VON and a POC.

Question: Is it possible for a dealer to place an order and produce a VON/POC if that dealer does not have allocation?

#38 ·
That could happen for 2015 but it is my understanding that for 2016, a dealer can only order up to his allocation and the system will not accept any order above allocation nor from any dealer who does not have allocation. Hopefully no more VON Hell like last year.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.