Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2017 Color Offerings

126K views 450 replies 80 participants last post by  Yellow Jacket 2012 
#1 · (Edited)
I just read on another source that RS posted the new colors for 2017. Go Mango is not being carried over, there's a new grey, green, red, and yellow color being offered. Also, he mentioned something about a "new model" being introduced in December. I'm sure RS will post something here too! The following from Resume Speed's post:

2017 Exterior Colors (tentative, possible name changes):

Billet Clear Coat (PSC)
Bright White (White Knuckle or Vice White) Clear Coat (PW7)
Granite Pearl Coat (PAU)
Jazz Blue (Contusion Blue) Pearl Coat (PBX)
Maximum Steel Metallic Clear Coat (PAR)
Pitch Black (PX8)
Redline Tri-Coat Pearl (PRY)
Torred Clear Coat (PR3)

New: Ceramic Gray (PDN)
New: Green Go (PGM)
New: Velvet Red (Octane Red) Pearl Coat (PRV)
New: Yellow Jacket (PY4)

See less See more
#3 ·
Guessing Go Mango will carry over early into 2017 then dissappear to make way for Green Go or Yellow Jacket. Let the color mania begin again! Nobody plays this better than Dodge! :)

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

#8 ·
I am so glad they are not bringing Toxic Orange back or anything that sounds like it. I would have been tempted to cancel my Challenger that is on order. Though Go Green does sound interesting, but by the description it sounds like it will be a brighter green then what I would like. Thanks for posting the information!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#35 · (Edited)
I agree because if they would've had Toxic Orange in 2015, we wouldn't have a Granite Challenger (although the Granite is pretty sharp too, especially with all of the flake that's in it)! That color is Beautiful! :cheers:

The gray color reminds me of putty, but that Velvet Red is Nice though.

To make that T/A Challenger special, they should put the exhaust coming out of the side in front of the wheels.

#11 ·
Red Velvet PRV

Reactions: Grumpy59
#12 ·
Ceramic Grey

#18 ·
#22 ·
That grey looks like the color used on the 4 wheel drive Challenger that appeared at a show this year. Just google 4 wheel drive Challenger.

Attachments

#28 ·
The 4 wheel drive concept car could easily become a reality since there's already been plenty of history with Chargers on the road. I know they're not the same car, but the technology and track record for reliability and history of demand is certainly there. We could use an AWD Challenger in snowy parts of the country like New England. I'm betting it would be a V6 only offering though so people don't drag race them and go back to Dodge crying about warranty issues. That's not to say you can't drag race a V6, but the HP stress on the system is a lot less.

Reactions: B5BABYBLUES
#29 ·
In the other thread, RS mentioned that the new model was a "Special Edition". The first thing I thought of was...

Attachments

#31 ·
I could definitely see that being offered since it would take zero effort on Dodge's part to do so. Of course they're waiting for the end of the year to pull out their trump card to spike interest and sales in the off season. I think 2017 is going to be a banner year for Challenger sales. It's hard to believe, but people are still just catching on to just what this car is all about and how much it has to offer, while many of us have known the value for years!

#30 ·
The ceramic gray looks a lot like aviator gray that Audi used a couple years back

Green go if anything resembling the heritage color was sassy grass / green [FJ7] go in the old days and a deeper shade than sublime / lime light [FJ6] was

#34 ·
I'm kind of bummed that there's no medium blue color listed. Something like Blue Streak, Deep Water Blue, or Electric Blue would have been nice and IMO is long overdue. Instead I guess 2017 is going to be a silver/gray hue type of year for Dodge, seeing as how there will be 4 of them (Billet, Granite, Maximum Steel, and now Ceramic Gray). The Velvet Red does peak my interest a little, since I really liked the High Octane Red and maybe the Green Go depending on what it looks like. Hopefully it's close to GWE as that was a nice green.

I guess I could always search for a remaining PCP or wait until 2018. Decisions, decisions...lol

#38 ·
I just realized that out of the 12 colors for 2017, 7 of them are either a shade of gray (4) or red (3). :notallthere: Think I'll hold off until 2018 unless upon seeing a color in person I decide I just can't live without it. Then again depending on what the December Special Edition is, I may be interested...lol

#40 ·
I think Plum Crazy has run it's course for awhile. There are still a lot of them available right now though. I imagine there could be a way to upgrade the current system, but one way or another, it's not a deal breaker for me.

#45 · (Edited)
Wow!! I really thought I wanted another Yellow Challenger until I saw this color Green Go, if it looks anything like the original color I might be changing my order!!!! (in late 2017)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.