Dodge Challenger Forum banner

6.2L v8 supercharged sales code=ESC

92K views 495 replies 100 participants last post by  rayzazoo 
#1 ·
there is now a sales code for the 6.2 supercharged motor on starparts, its ESC....:IThankYou:

#10 ·
Funny, when Ralph was talking smaller displacement, turbo/super charged motors for the future of SRT, 6.4 to 6.2 super technically meets this criteria.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#13 ·
Hmm, 6.2l Eaton TVS 2300 Supercharged SRT Challenger is sounding really nice.

So, probably 2014-2015 it'll be upgrade time again.

#14 ·
ResumeSpeed, now we are all sure about your avatar, it was all about giving us a hint about this coming engine.

I wonder since when you know about it! :notallthere:

It is really great that you are here in CT, you provided and keeps on providing the best information anybody of us can dream about. :IThankYou:

#21 ·
Hey RS I just have one question,
Let me start by saying I really appreciate all the great information you have been supplying us with.
In Canada the base price of the rt over the sxt is cloe to 10,000 cad - after these new challenger editions come out do you think the price for a base rt may drop in Canada?
I really can not justify spending an extra 10,000 but if the price came down I my upgrade to an rt before the end production.
Thanks,
Richard

#28 ·
Mine did but there are some out there that are just fine over 500. Its right on the border.

Mine started to slip shifting into 3rd gear. We backed the tune down to 490 rwhp and 460 rwtq and it was fine. It was my daily driver. Thats why we backed it down really conservative.

#34 ·
Was just going to ask this;

Will there be any options for us 392 owners (Mopar SC, stage kit, tuning, etc) or are we getting the shaft?

I don't want to upgrade to an entire new car (especially since Header Orange is no-more) but the extra ponies would be nice!

#35 ·
IMO, based on zero inside knowledge, they probably will offer a kit that comes with the PCM. I remember SEMA from 2010 or 2009, there was talk about offering a supercharger system from Mopar. I still think incredible things are coming for the Challenger. :naughty:

#39 ·
and might be a dream to own :)
I was thinking in trading my car on such one when available, but when I saw it yesterday Isaid to myself I can't do it! I am so happy with my car so I wouldn't trade it. I guess I will keep it forever.

#44 ·
Keep it affordable???...unless they offer a SC'd, stripped down, bare bones R/T I don't see that happening for most of the masses.
However, Ralph has already said the SRT is NOT about stripped down anything... SRT is top of the line period.
As it is right now the SRT is priced out of most Average Joes budget

#43 ·
It'll be interesting to see what the specs are since we have a 640 HP / 600 tq Viper.

My guess is similar numbers to the Camaro. 580 HP / 556 tq.

#54 ·
The Jeep is soo much nicer than any of the other SRT vehicles, in terms of materials, and feel, it certainly feels like it should cost more. That, and the fact that the closest competition is priced 25-30k more still makes it a steal.

#51 ·
Not trying to be a troll, so don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see Mopar stepping up. But is anyone else slightly disappointed to see the 426 sitting on shelf instead of a production car? I'll finish my master's degree in Dec 2013, and will be ready to buy a new SRT, but a blown 6.2 just doesn't do it for me. Just curious if I'm the only one who feels slighted?

#52 ·
Yeah, it is a little disappointing to not see a historical icon, but strictly from performance, the supercharged 6.2l will exceed the 426.

#63 ·
So are we saying there will not be a supercharged application for the 392?!

#64 ·
Correct. There will still be a 392 (also rumored that there will be a H.O. 392) for the future. The 6.2L is probably a de-bored and de-stroked 392 block, to achieve thicker cylinder walls for increased cylinder strength.

Edit: I am also willing to bet it will be a siamese bore block.

#65 ·
The upcoming Jeep AE is a cosmetic package with no power enhancements. Dodge will get the latter before the Jeep.

The 8-speed tranny is scheduled to make its way into all of the Hemi models.

Food for thought: Hemi Orange, High Performance Red and Sublime are all scheduled to launch within a one-month span.

#69 · (Edited)
"High-Performance Red" as in Torred or Ferrari Red?

Looks like we're upgrading again........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.