Dodge Challenger Forum banner

ACC - Speed too low

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  R3TRO 
#1 ·
I have a 16 R/T Plus with the ACC as a part of the Technology Package.

When I was driving a loaner Jeep (they gave me a free rental while my car was being ordered) it had ACC as well. The Jeep would slow down to a stop if needed with ACC and then start again when traffic moved.

The R/T plus just gives a "Speed too low" ACC Cancelled when it goes too slow but does not bring the vehicle to a stop.

Is that normal? Seems like if it was going to shut off due to something in the road ahead (traffic stopping) that it would just shut off and let the car coast.

Can anyone shed some light on this please?

And yes, I get the disclaimer: "1. This system is a driver's convenience system, not a substitute for active driver involvement. The driver must remain aware of traffic conditions and be prepared to use the brakes to avoid collisions."

#2 ·
I used to sell them, however not very many. I don't remember about the r/T account but some cars will not activate under say 18mph as is the case with one mfr I know. Could be normal but any experienced dealer service writer could verify for you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Normal. Jeep, Charger and 300 has ACC with Stop feature, Challenger does not. If the car in front is at a complete stop like at a red light the Challenger should apply brakes and bring it down to approximately 5 mph then disconnect, but if the car in front just gradually slows down the ACC will disconnect at about 15 mph. This is just the way the system on Challenger works.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Reactions: CCWTech
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.