Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Adjusting MDS Speed of Engagement

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  STONEWHITE R/T 
#1 ·
Over on the R/T forum, one of the members talked about the ability to go into the EVIC and adjust the speed at which the MDS engages. My new R/T will engage MDS at very low speeds....30mph easily, if the road is level or downhill and the engine is heated up. He said that he reset it to engage at 40mph and above, which for me would work a lot better. His explanation confuses me....does anyone know if the dealer can simply make an adjustment with his electronic tooling?

#2 ·
Do the throttle recalibration in the TIPS and TRICKS. I have Classic automatic and the MDS was coming in at 20 MPH. I did the Throttle recalibration and now it comes in about 40. Made a different car out of it. Felt like it was a real four cylinder. That is what worked on mine.
Warn up the engine. Stop car/engine. Turn ingition on (run - not started) , slowly depress gas pedal to the floor, and slowly release it. Turn iginition off and restrart the car. Then take it for a spin.
Let us know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.