Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Am I the only one who doesn't like decal stripes?

2K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Lugnut74 
#1 ·
I'm waiting for the 392 Shaker to become available, but will there be a stripe delete option? I just feel like a $45K car shouldn't have stickers. IMO if you're going to have stripes they should be painted.

#4 ·
Obviously your entitled to your opinion on vinyl though I will say having put on my own stripes the vast majority of people will never know the difference at 3mil thick it looks just like paint. Not to mention the cost is 10 to 20 times cheaper depending on what you have done. With the added bonus if you don't like how they look you can change them and not feel like your wallet got wrecked.

#5 ·
I'm with you... I don't like stickers. I ordered my 14 Shaker with stripe delete and used the money I saved to have custom ghost stripes painted on my car for the same price. Check my photo's here, you'll see what I had done. I liked the stripes on the Shaker but like you, didn't want paste on my car.

To each his/her own....

#6 ·
Is it the hemi orange one with the black hockey RT strips? Not sure how to look up what you're talking about but I went to your profile and found that. Those don't look like ghost stripes to me but it does look nice and old school.

What's the ballpark price to have a quality shop paint simple stripes on an existing paint job?

#10 ·
Am I the only one who doesn't like decal stripes? . . .
I don't like decal stripes either. In fact, I don't really care for any stripes. Maybe tastefully done pinstripes if they are painted and under the clear coat.

#14 ·
Agreed everyone has there preference, when I first went to order my challenger I was dead set on black/blacktop edition. It was just to much black then there was GCM sitting beside it first time I have seen one. I felt like IMO the GCM showed off the body lines and depending on the lighting It was really dark or really bright with the metalflake shimmering. Sometimes though when I see HO I'm tempted maybe its that old Dukes of hazard lover in me lol.

#17 ·
No stripes for me either, just the way I like it. Different strokes for different folks.I think the solid color just looks clean. Easier to wax unless they are painted. These cars look good with or without stripes just personal taste. :wink3:

#18 ·
Yep agreed that's what makes them so unique to look at rarely do you see another challenger just like yours. I find it funny though in our little Challenger Bubble how everyone waves and gives the nod when you drive by. I've walked out of stores to find my car circled by other challenger drivers taking pictures. Maybe its the muscle car sub culture that we are apart of that mutual respect we all share.

#19 ·
I had my R/T stickers ripped off right away, went with Silver Leaf stripes, hand applied, and red pinstripe outline. Looks brilliant in the sun. Only $300!

#20 ·
While shopping, we saw two deep water blue Challengers; one with stripes, one without. I feel that the stripes on the RT take away from the car's length, and somehow compacts what is otherwise a long robust car, into something unnecessarily stubby. (not to be confused with the Scat pack decal on this page which looks quite nice) Still, I'd rather not have to deal with a decal when applying the wax. Maybe its an age thing...I'm old'ish...

#21 ·
I was worried about waxing when I did the stripes, but honestly its a non issue at least for the brand I used. I can use McGuire's or Griots on them without issue. I wax the car at least every month and just keep it whipped down with a terry cloth in the garage to keep the dust off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.