Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Anybody have fumoto drain plug?

7K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  rick s 
#1 ·
Was thinking of getting one. Heard nothing but good things. Any problems with clearance with the shield under car or any other issues I should know about. Thanks

#3 ·
Reactions: ljb2148
#4 ·
I have one and it is great. Get the one with the spout on it to hook a hose to. It saves time and mess. I won't go without it anymore.

#5 ·
Another thumbs up for fumoto. I have them on all my cars. It takes longer for the oil to drain but that beats the possibility of stripping threads on the aluminum pan as a resulted of repeated removal and install of the drain bolt. About 3 years ago I had to take my wife's vehicle in for some warranty work. Due to the nature of the work the oil had to be drained. A week or so after I got the car back I changed the oil because I had no idea what bulk oil they put in the car. The fumoto was gone. I suspect the guy working on the car did not want to wait for the oil to drain or wanted the fumoto for his own vehicle. At least an OEM drain plug was installed. I went back to the dealership but naturally that was a waste of time.

#6 ·
I put one on my last car. It was convenient, but it took a lot longer for the oil to drain. I pulled it off when I was thinking of selling the car. I did not put it back on when I kept the car, favoring speed over a little bit of convenience as I like the quicker drain better.

However, after my last Challenger oil drain and angle of the plug, it was hard to catch all the oil with it going sideways. A little slower with a drain tube might be nice.

#8 ·
I have the Fumoto Valve with a 90 degree bend, this makes less mess. My mechanic loves using them.

#15 ·
Filters that are horizontal are worse. They always spill a bunch of hot, dirty oil all over the engine block when removed.

The "vertical" filters in both my Challenger and Renegade (Jeep) are much less messy. And a bonus is that you can pre-fill the filter with clean oil before screwing it on.

#17 ·
Thanks for replies guys,I ordered a fumoto with the nipple. Will be putting on at 1st oil change :)

#19 ·
When you get it: Take it to the hardware store and get a length of clear hose that fits the nipple. From then on, when you do an oil change, put that hose on the nipple, put the hose in an empty gallon milk jug (you'll need 2), open the valve, almost fill one jug, close the valve, put the hose in the other jug, open the valve, and finish. All of that oil is now ready to take back to the parts store for recycling. I even throw those jugs away at the parts store so I don't have to even bring them home. That valve is great!

#20 · (Edited)

F106S: FUMOTO® VALVE UNF WITH SHORT NIPPLE 14MM-1.5

More details
  • $28.95
Market price: $29.95, you save $1.00

• 3% less

Qty: Add to cart

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.