Anyone taken delivery on a 2013 with the Granite Crystal Clearcoat Paint? - Page 9 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#81 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 03:41 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
Thanks again fellas....here are few more taken after a wash and dry, clay bar, another wash and dry, one coat of Zaino Z-5 and one of Z-2. Took most of the day. May do another coat or two of Z2 around Thanksgiving.
OK, but why wait so long? Do it again tomorrow!

2013 Rallye Redline
plus two "No-cars"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#82 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 03:57 AM

You funny guy!
#83 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 06:01 AM

For a dark color that is THE most beautiful shade of dark ever painted on a car no doubt...but...it's near impossible keeping it clean...and like black as time and those bug and road chips start to show up...AND IT'S CERTAIN they will it will magnify every defect...

But damn it's sure is good looking though...

I've had a half dozen black cars and can't take the damn heat in the summer the dark is like a frickin furnace in the summer no getting away from it.

Which is why I bought Billet Silver / Radar Red.
#84 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 08:22 AM

Thanks Jason. It really isn't as dark as it appears in the pix. It actually changes color depending on the light and angle. To your point about the bugs and road chips...they both are inevitable. I will try not to ride too close to cars in front of me, and keep Zaino on it for the bugs. Believe it or not, that stuff really does help keep things from sticking so badly....the more the better actually. I have a pretty funny story about what HAD to have been a pterodactyl that took a dump on the hood of my GTO once while driving on the I-state on my way to work right after I had put two coats of Z-2 on it.

In the stable-
2013 GCM SRT8 Challenger, 6 Speed
2006 TorRed Daytona Charger, 5 Speed Auto

"All I need is cigarettes, guitars and Gasoline!" - Travis Tritt

Last edited by Chazz; 11-10-2012 at 03:21 PM.
#85 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 01:16 PM

(Thread Starter)
I had a black RT before I got the granite crystal. This new color is 1000 times easier to maintain. With the black it was impossible to keep clean. Ive been driving the new one for two weeks and still has a nice shine to it, even after getting some rain on it.
#86 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triz View Post
I had a black RT before I got the granite crystal. This new color is 1000 times easier to maintain. With the black it was impossible to keep clean. Ive been driving the new one for two weeks and still has a nice shine to it, even after getting some rain on it.
Yea...no doubt. I have always shied away from buying a dark car for that reason. I did not really expect it to be this dark, but it is sharp when clean!
#87 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 04:02 AM

sorry for the late reply. The Teflon process was something the dealer offered, cost a 300.00 and change. I have not used soap on the car yet.. just rinse and use a very soft car wash rush...then dry with a chamois... (shammy).
#88 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 06:12 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Picked up mine at the end of October.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0410.jpg
Views:	6311
Size:	386.7 KB
ID:	57636   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0419-1.jpg
Views:	1618
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	57637   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0423-1.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	57638  
#89 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bblbird View Post
A Granite Crystal Clearcoat R/T Classic with red stripes and red interior would be insane! In fact, I'm gonna order one real soon!
WF
I did it! I pulled the trigger and ordered the car on Saturday. Only question was whether or not red stripes are available with the granite. If not, I'll get a stripe delete and put my own on. I don't like my stripes to be subtle. I want you to see me coming! My friends said that I was nuts to put white stripes on my '09 but they all love it now.

WF
#90 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 03:47 PM

Sooooo? Did you pull the trigger on the GCM/RED combo? Pics or it didn't happen! LOL

My '13 SXT+ is GCM and I wanted red hash marks / GS stripes on each side but opted for a one-off matte black strobe instead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode