Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Back seat delete

4K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Voler Vive 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any knowledge on REMs (Razors Edge Motorsports) back seat delete kit?

Weight savings aside, I have 2 dogs that travel with me and my wife,(just the 2 of us kids are grown and gone). Would love to give the dogs a bit more room in the back to lay down and relax. question is will this give a few more inches to the pooches? Pics on REMs web sight are not clear as to finished area in the back. Any one with info. on this set up please let me know.

Thank You and be safe.

Rick

#3 ·
Dose anyone have any knowledge on REMs (Razors Edge Motorsports) back seat delete kit?

Weigh savings aside. I have 2 dogs that travel with me and my wife,(just the 2 of us kids are grown and gone). Would love to give the dogs a bit more room in the back to lay down and relax. question is will this give a few more inches to the pooches? Pics on REMs web sight are not clear as to finished area in the back. Any one with info on this set up please let me know.

Thank You and be safe.

Rick

I am looking at this also. I am thinking of not putting the back part on so the dogs will have the trunk also to roam about.
Problem is both 80 pound dogs want to be by the window or in my lap.

#6 ·
Dose anyone have any knowledge on REMs (Razors Edge Motorsports) back seat delete kit?

Weigh savings aside. I have 2 dogs that travel with me and my wife,(just the 2 of us kids are grown and gone). Would love to give the dogs a bit more room in the back to lay down and relax. question is will this give a few more inches to the pooches? Pics on REMs web sight are not clear as to finished area in the back. Any one with info on this set up please let me know.

Thank You and be safe.

Rick
There'd be some gain in the rear seat bottom cushion since you're substituting the mdf board in place of that...probably 3"-4" inches from the base to roof. For the rear seatback delete, probably about the same.
-most of the weight savings would be the rear seat backrest - the frame, board and hinge mechanism weigh a bit. The seat bottom is upholstery, foam padding and the wire frame its built out of - its very light.

Reactions: Voler Vive
#7 ·
I just took a look at the link that mjb4450 posted and, I know we don't love these cars for their beautiful interiors, and the back seats aren't much to look at anyway, but that just looks kinda crappy. IMHO. I guess for $249, you get what you pay for.

#8 ·
Yellow jacket, Ya I no they are just as bad if not worse than an unsecure tire. But its not an option to travel without them. Might look in to the harnesses Flying monkey suggested.

Hal H, thank you for the answer sounds about right just would like to nail it down before purchasing. With JIMIMACK crushing my hopes and dreams I might like to see one installed.

Anyone living in the Fayetteville NC area that has this would be great to hear from you.

Be safe and thank you

#9 ·
I'm sorry Voler. Please, don't listen to me. I'm really an idiot, and what might not work for me may make a world of difference for you. You might want to chat with someone who has one, or go all out, find that it's a quality product and make a total fool out of me. It's happened MANY times before. :grin2:

#10 ·
Jimimack, No worries brother, its all good I just cant pass the opportunity to jab at some one. Hope to have many more opportunity's here. I've hit that age where its one of my few pleasures.

#11 ·
#13 · (Edited)
OK pulled the trigger for 300 and change shipped from Speedlogix. Install is fairly simple. hardest part was the four bolts that hold the upper seat fold down catches. Not bad just a PITA to get at. Became a lot easier when I took the package tray and C pillars out, was putting in rear speakers. Fit and finish is fair, folks that are mechanically inclined and have the desire could make this for 100 bucks or so. I use to enjoy that stuff but now days I would rather just buy it. Over all I'm happy with it and my dogs seem to like it better than the seat. any questions just ask.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.