Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Black Top Package?

Tags
blacktop
44K views 108 replies 38 participants last post by  QCBlacktopRT13 
#1 ·
Forgive me if this has been discussed already, but what is this;

"Blacktop Package (ADX) - 12/03/12 R/T Trim"

This is listed under Chrysler Car production Updates as of 10/17.

By the way, in case you didn't know the dates for paint colors -Plum Crazy Pearl Coat (PHG) - 02/18/13; Hemi Orange Pearl Coat (PLC) - 05/13/13; High Performance Red Clear Coat (PR3) - 05/20/13

#47 ·
My wife's Blacktop arrives next week Thursday (Stripe Deleted). She got the 'Exterior Appearance Group' as well (along with pretty much everything else). She is getting a custom color (pink) stripe put on Friday morning. It's the stripe that comes standard with the Exterior Appearance Group... The one that goes from the fender to the door on the sides, and fades. I think it's called Fender/Door Strobes.

Ordered the car just a couple of days after the Blacktop was announced in early November.

Waiting sucks.

#60 · (Edited)
Our Blacktop was supposed to be ready for us to pick up today. Dealer says it'll be ready for us to pick up tomorrow, or maaayyybe late today. It's been 3 months since we ordered it, so what's one more day?

Don't worry everyone, I'll post pictures as soon as i get it home from the dealership.

It is arriving Black with NO STRIPE.

RT Plus
Blacktop Package
Mopar Exterior Appearance Group
Sunroof
HID Headlights
Harman Kardon 18 speakers
Anti Spin Diff
730 Nav
Automatic

First mods will be catback exhaust from a local shop, and custom pink fender/door strobe stripe (this is my wife's car) on the sides, as well as blacked out tint on the lights all the way around. Both the stripes and light/lens tint will be from BigWormGraphix. I took my car there last week for custom stripes and light/lens tint. I can't recommend them enough. Fantastic work, super friendly, patient, quality products, and excellent customer service. I also ordered some black Gorilla lug nuts from Luke at SteveWhiteMotors. A lot of you are familiar with him. Lug nuts arrive today. Fantastic service from Luke as well.

Thanks again Mattk8789 for posting those pictures a few days ago of the Blacktop. Without those, i would have just assumed the BLACKED OUT CAR came with black lug nuts.

#62 · (Edited)
So I stopped by the dealership this morning. The car arrived from the train last night. It's in the body shop right now. Still has to get the hood scoop and spoiler put on, tint all the way around, state inspection, and then get detailed. They let me see it 'as is' right now, without a hood scoop or spoiler, wrapped in plastic, and super dirty. It SHOULD be ready for us to pick up later today... but I understand, all the things that need to be done take time... Anyways, here's an 'as is' teaser picture...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.