Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Bob Frederick to go out of business! READ and Take action asap!!

41K views 354 replies 95 participants last post by  MOPAR MERRY 
#1 ·
Dodge and Challenger seller Bob frederick is on the Chrysler BK list to be closed..Got this from the court records...A SAD day for Challenger fans

#5 ·
How is his dealership listed? I didn't see it on the posted list. Very sad if it is true.
Dealer Name: RFJS Company LLC

Majority Owner: Robert Frederick II

Dealer Address: DBA Frederick Chrysler Jeep Dodge, 7871 Market St, Boardman, OH 44512-5970

Dealer Code: 56617

Lines: DTCJ (Dodge, Dodge Truck, Chrysler, Jeep)

#4 ·
While shocked to see his dealership mentioned on the list, I personally am not worried at this point. If Bob himself seems worried, THEN I'd be worried. But with Bob's long standing relationships all through Chrysler I would not be surprised if this list is revised and his dealership removed.

Sure some automated algorithm may have said to close all of these dealerships, but that's probably just PHASE 1 and when the human element gets involved some of these dealerships won't be closed down after all.

#10 ·
While shocked to see his dealership mentioned on the list, I personally am not worried at this point. If Bob himself seems worried, THEN I'd be worried. But with Bob's long standing relationships all through Chrysler I would not be surprised if this list is revised and his dealership removed.

Sure some automated algorithm may have said to close all of these dealerships, but that's probably just PHASE 1 and when the human element gets involved some of these dealerships won't be closed down after all.
True the list is just a motion at this time, but according to Chrysler, it will be a done deal when the Judge signs off with no appeal..

Chrysler moves to eliminate 789 of 3,200 dealers

#7 ·
Business is business for Chrysler...just because Bob may be a nice guy and have a good dealership doesn't mean a whole lot these days to the unraveling corporation. Although many think he has unearthly powers, it looks as though there will be a lot of open pavement in his lot. A very large dealership in Los Angeles is completely empty now...been in business for decades and had 10 vipers sitting on the lot as of a few weeks ago...

#9 ·
where is the list at?

#13 ·
Yeah Chris, I heard from Dustin Schneider today M&M Dodge and LeGlue Chrysler/Jeep is closing. What I don't get is the hole in the wall dealership in Ville Platte is staying open. Your dealer in Lake Charles is closing too? Now we have to go to Lafayette for warranty work, yay.

Jack

#14 ·
yeah i know right?!
and i dont understand, the dealership in lake charles was HUGE, and they actually knew stuff about their cars!

#17 ·
Don't worry, Bob will take care of you. I'm not at all convinced that Bob will be forced out of business. I also think it's wrong to go around telling everyone that he's going out of business, when we haven't heard it from him. He knows alot more than we do, and alot more than the media. Let's wait until we hear it from him. No one is going to want to buy a car from him if they think he's about to go out of businiess. Lets not make things worse. I think this may turn out to be nothing at all.

#18 ·
what happens if i left a deposit with bob?

If it was a cashed check,,,I would think you will need to go
to NYC and fight for the money back at BK court.......
Or maybe I am wrong?...............

Chrysler is putting many good dealers out of business.
not just Bob,,,and all of them are selling cars...........JQ

#19 ·
OH GOD say it is not true! How can a guy a dealer has nothing to do with how nice Bob is, but his volume of sales etc and tires with Red Letter Dodge be selected?

Make no sense at all!

This is so *(&)(*&*()^& I can not even see straight. Bob is family, he made a lot of stuff happen to and for these cars. I do not care if you did not buy your car from Bob, he has major a major impact and made things happen with Mopar to and for these cars. Hell he was able to tell me more about my car then the selling dealer. I have spoke with Bob 2 weeks ago and am buying a car for my wife.

dam this can not happen to him! :disappointed:

#22 ·
Has anyone thought that maybe Bob decided he had enough? Selling cars in this enviroment is very demanding work, perhaps Bob put his name on the list? I cannot tell you why I say this, all I can say is Bob will still be Bob even if he is no longer selling cars at his own dealership. I spoke with him just less than a week ago and all I can say is he is one hell of a guy and that will not change. I for one would be happy to go to any dealer he ends up at. I would go one farther, I would buy a damn Fiat from him if that is what he choose to sell, bite my tounge but I would even consider a junk azz GM if thats where he ended up. Thank God for now he is a DODGE dealer, he is a MOPAR man and nothing will change that! So lets all wish him well and let him know we are behind him no matter the outcome! Bob you are the Man, the best Dealer I have ever spoken with HANDS DOWN! Bob if this does come about I think I can speak for SoCal Challengers we would welcome you and your RT in our group ANYTIME!
Art

#26 ·
This is wrong in so many ways. Bob has been the best friend Dodge and Challenger has, not to mention to us as well. I hope that somehow he stays in business to some capacity.

#30 ·
I was going to but figured his mailbox would be flooded already with likewise concerned Challengers enthusiasts. Definitely post what's up if you hear something.

#32 ·
I think we should all call CHRYSLER and tell them why we think Bob should be taken off the list. If they don't do it we will cancel our orders and buy toyota's.
There's over 8000 members on these forums alone. I would imagine that if we were to start some sort of petition to get Chrysler to reconsider, they would. In addition to the 8000 or so members of this site, I'm sure he has 10's of thousands of past customers that would sign....especially given how well he treats his customers!

I didn't even buy from Bob (wish I had know about him when I was hunting for my car), but after hearing all the great stories of how well he takes care of people, I'd sign....

#34 ·
I only talk to bob once and I left a message on his machine told him my situation and he called me back even after I told him I ordered from a dealer in my home town. Iam sure other dealers would of said to bad for you or you should of bought from them. Bob was very knowledgeable and respectable. Tomorrow I will personally call CHRYSLER and tell them to think again about this. I mean what the heck it is a shot. I will sign a petition!!

#35 ·
Look no one here wants to see Bob stop selling our cars, including me. I can say Bob did hint he was considering a move and I doubt that such a person as Bob would be dropped unless he has agreed to it. I for one would like to see a statement from him. I imagine in time he will speak up, when he does if he wants to stay open we should then organize to support him. We can gather all members form here and stage a sitin at every single Chrysler facility we can find. We as a group can be heard, but and I must say ONLY if Bob himself wants it. I for one would drive across country to support him and his dealership. Lets all keep in mind Bob has not spoken to us about this and we do not know what HE wants! I suspect the list will evolve, I for one at least hope to see SIMI VALLEY CJD on the list. I find it just lousy that a crook such as SIMI VALLEY CA CJD would stay open and a honest working man like Bob would be forced to close. I wonder if the posted list is real? I would venture to say if it is real and he is closing it would be possible he decided to retire?? Lets all pray he gets to do what he wants.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.