Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Bob Frederick to go out of business! READ and Take action asap!!

41K views 354 replies 95 participants last post by  MOPAR MERRY 
#1 ·
Dodge and Challenger seller Bob frederick is on the Chrysler BK list to be closed..Got this from the court records...A SAD day for Challenger fans

#39 ·
Well fyi, and I am done for now, Bob wrote me back to confirm it is true, says they must have made a mistake :disappointed: and he is on the chopping block!

He thanks all for the support and will fight it all the way.

You go Bob!

And I feel the same way about all the other good dealers too, they should have our support. And if someone here that is decent at making a petition that we can sign, please do so and let’s get er done OK! :SM127:

Have a good night folks, I just can not take any more bad stuff for the day, it hurts me more than I can put into words to see and read all of this. I am as die hard a car guy you will ever run into, as are many of you good folks..

#41 ·
I am putting up an online petition tomorrow and will post the link here. I will also draft a sample email that we can all send to our state representatives. The online petition will take your name, address, phone #, email and comments (use as a testimonial box). ONLY name, city/state, and comments will be displayed for all to see. The other information will be kept private in the event that it's legally needed to prove the amount of signatures on the list.

This is the first time I'm doing a petition so if anyone has any suggestions, chime in and I will make sure to take them into account when setting up the system. We have to band together on this. I have been working with Bob to get a Challenger for sometime and right now that is not a priority. He is a stand up guy and this company, heck the automobile industry needs more guys like this in business. Maybe if other dealers cared as much about service, both before AND after the sale, that this company wouldn't be hurting so bad. From the other dealers that I have worked with, if the Challenger wasn't such an awesome car I would have already walked to a competing brand.

#43 ·
I never would have imagined this. I bought my car over seas through the military exchange. From everything I have read about Bob here and at Red Letter if I had purchased my car in the states I would have made the road trip to his dealership.Keep me in the loop for showing support.

#44 ·
I just can't believe that this is being done to a very upstanding dealership that has done pretty much what chrysler asked them to do take on all of their lines, dump a ton cash into training thier techs, putting in the best equipment for the customer and the employees. But I guess your just a number as far as the coorporation is concerned. I am hoping that a reprieve will come for Bob and his family along with is extended family his employees and customers it's not right to screw over good people. I am sure that thier are other dealerships that do not belong on that list and more important a few crap places that are flying under the radar. As they say hindsight is 20/20 and chryler is making a big mistake on this decision.
Bob go get em and God Bless
Jeff

#45 ·
They took Mannassas Dodge (A service dept with integrity) and left open that piece of crap Lustine Dodge with their sheister sales techniques...

#46 ·
Lets wait till the fat lady sings....I have known Bob for a long time and I suspect there is an reasonable explanation here via cdj..

I feel real bad for Bob as this is going to be the fight of his life he has a new dealership building under construction ..:brickwall::brickwall:I was going to call him but thought this is a time for thinking and not clutter from the fringes,so I will wait..:stickpoke:

Lets get on Red Letter and voice our opinions however not to bash please be civil and constructive.

Lets do it now...

#51 ·
Lets not let him go down with out us all being heard on RLD ........
Great target REDDOG Ill be posting there tonight....as well..2007Hemi cuda I knew you'd help out :)..I know all of you will not often do we have such a worthy cause to fight for and this just that..

Lets make a difference here and not sit on our hands here.Post often, post in a kind manner and with respect and we should have a voice to some degree I'm sure of it..

#52 ·
Pool the power of this forum guys it will make a difference!!This is a damn good dealer that should be a keystone dealership not a throw away..

425 I agree and post often please!!!
He is more than a dealer he is our friend and we need to help out here not hurt so be cool....The guy is like the George Bailey of mopars we touched all of our lives in such a great way its the least we all can do for him.........................

#67 ·
#55 ·
I haven't ever done business with this Bob, but judging by the comments here - I missed a real experience. I'm sure if I was closer to OH I would drive out of my way to deal with him vs the competition. However, I'm looking at this from a different standpoint. They are looking at sales figures and dealership proximities to other dealers. I have no idea how many vehicles Bob's dealership sold per year as compared to other dealerships in the state...but I'm sure Chrysler does. Unfortunately, having the best 'sales force" doesn't always equal having the best "service" and that may be where Bob got screwed. It sounds like he went above and beyond in customer service both before and after the sale. That is the way it should be and what we all respect as consumers - but sales data is what drives companies to make their decisions in the end.

I'm very familiar with this concept because I also just got laid-off last week myself from a company I had been at for years (but I am a Telecom Engineer). They shut down my Division because our sales weren't meeting expectations. I understand why they did it and could even see the "writing on the wall" a month or so ago (when they let our best sales guys go). I know we kept our customers happy and they will be very disappointed to find out that we cannot do work for them anymore - but when I land on my feet again elsewhere and get in touch with my contacts at our customers' then my old company will have just given up potential sales that will never come their way again.

Bob has a good reputation, obviously, and in most sales-oriented businesses that is like gold. He will land on his feet again - maybe at a competing dealership for a while - then the market will correct and he will be at it again on his own. These are unprecedented times we are in. To think that Chrysler and GM are both going bankrupt in the same month...who would have guessed it a year or so ago? Times are tough for everyone and I'm sure Bob has lost many sales to the general economic slump we are in as "most" people are just not buying new cars right now. Look at the sales figures for this year even compared to last year. I'm just suprised Ford hasn't buckled also.

#56 ·
OMG! :disappointed: I'm getting in on this story late today, and I simply cannot believe what I am reading! :icon_confused: There is just no way in hell that this can happen. I am simply "Floored" by this breaking news. :disappointed:

Thanks NOTSURE, and REDDOG! :bigthumb: We all must do what we can to keep Bob going as best as we can. He was there for us, and now he needs us to be there for him. Whatever it takes, I will dedicate my life for Bob. :bigthumb:

I am now speechless, and I'm sure that I won't sleep tonight. We do need to organize some sort of effort to get our point across, with "zero tolerance" from Chrysler. This just cannot happen guys. :(

#57 ·
Mike,

We as consumers of your product ask a favor of you.

Mr Bob Frederick has been one of the most stand up people to deal with concerning buying a DCJ product I and many others have ever dealt with.His dealership is a shrine to us all who know Bob and his passion for this industry and your product. Why then is his dealership on the list to be closed as he has made so many customers happy coast to coast.
I know the many aspects of business applies here however please consider doing something to make this right as he is one of the guys you should use as a keystone dealership and not discard.

Please make this right as if he goes this will leave a bitter taste in the mouths of the 1000's of people he helped get into your products giving Fiat someone like Bob and his staff is a plus plus..

Make this a human decision please and not a business guided mistake.

Thank you for your time.
NOTSURE

#64 ·
Here is a draft of the letter that we could send to our state representatives seeing as how the govt is handling the bankruptcy. I will also post this on the petition site I am working on for tomorrow.

Dear Representative,

I would like to call to your attention a matter that I believe is an important one in the ongoing Bankruptcy saga of Chrysler, LLC. As I am sure that you are aware of, they have released a list of dealers that are to be cut by June 9th. I believe that this list was put together based purely on some performance metrics and probably spat out from an automated computer query.

The problem with this approach is that the human factor is needed in these kinds of decisions that not only affect the many people that are employed at these dealerships, but also the overall health of the new company that we, as taxpayers, are funding right now. In turn, this is leading to dealers being eliminated that project a better image for the brand that will emerge from bankruptcy, while other more unscrupulous dealers are given an advantageous position to capitalize in this market.

One such dealer that is to be cut is Bob Fredericks in Boardman, Ohio. I learned about this dealership via online forums. This dealership has a fervent following due to the owner's, Bob Fredericks, unwavering dedication to satisfying his customers. He is always available via phone or email to assist customers both before AND after the sale is made. He makes fair deals and avoids the commonplace practice of price gouging on hotter products. He is, quite frankly, the ONLY honest and fair car dealer that I have ever dealt with.

With Chrysler already taking a public relations hit due to the bankruptcy, the emerging company needs all of the aces that it has in order to regain market share and customer confidence. The way NOT to do this is by leaving a dealer network comprised of scammers and dishonest sales people. By having honest, trustworthy, and knowledgeable dealers within its network, customers will feel more comfortable with the brand. Let's not forget how important the human factor is in business going forward.

Thank you for your time and please do whatever you can in order to help keep this dealership open as well as to re-evaluate how these decisions are being made. Our tax dollars are precious in this time and hasty decisions like this need to be reconsidered and carefully analyzed before throwing more money away.

#65 ·
Looks like we have overwhelmed RLD the posts are not going up. I have submitted two and neither has been posted and I am not blocked. I hope this means they are about to get our message. Bob has been and will continue to be the single most upstanding businessman I have ever met, Bob you are not alone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.