Buying Help: 2009-10 vs 2011-13 Challenger R/T - Page 4 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 01:01 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I knew this salesman was pulling my leg about the R/T Plus model, kept avoiding the written offer after being asked several times, finally I called his manager who said, "absolutely not going to happen!" haha

These Granite and Billet R/T's are impossible to come by. I might just bite the bullet and get a black or white one from the dealer who made me a pretty amazing offer.

I could always order one but waiting 6 weeks would drive me insane.

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T 6-Speed Granite Crystal Metallic

2006 Jeep Commander Limited HEMI 4x4: Traded

Last edited by Chapman89; 11-20-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 02:02 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Originally Posted by Chapman89 View Post
I knew this salesman was pulling my leg about the R/T Plus model, kept avoiding the written offer after being asked several times, finally I called his manager who said, "absolutely not going to happen!" haha

These Granite and Billet R/T's are impossible to come by. I might just bite the bullet and get a black or white one from the dealer who made me a pretty amazing offer.

Would the 6 week wait for precisely what you want drive you more insane then driving a car that is "almost" what you want for years? Just an observation.
2009 R/T Trak Pak(M6 3.73)-SRT Functional Hood Scoops-SRT Suspension-SRT Alcoa Wheels-2011+Long IAT Sensor-Skip Shift Eliminator-JET 180 Tstat-RPI Acrylic Side Marker Blackouts-20% Window Tint-Diablo Trinity-Hurst Billet Shifter-PWR Eagle Mean Street Heads-392 Cam-JBA Titanium Coated Long Tube Header-JBA Catless Mids-DynoMax VT Cat Back-Moroso CC-Zeitronix ZT2-Edelbrock EForce @ 8lbs-Brembo Brakes w/SS Braided Brake Lines

Old 11-20-2012, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by jaelliott View Post
Would the 6 week wait for precisely what you want drive you more insane then driving a car that is "almost" what you want for years? Just an observation.
I was being over dramatic. Yes, I would anxiously wait 6 weeks for the right car.

Nothing against the owners of black Challengers but I am too lazy to keep up with black paint. I already have to deal with my wife's black Mercedes C300 Sport. Fortunately she only drives 5-7 miles per day so it stays pretty clean.

Both of our vehicles are garaged at night.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by STINGRAY View Post
What about the Classic R/T with Trac Pac option with 3.92 rear end with 20 inch wheels vs. R/T Classic without Trac Pac option with 18 inch wheels?
You mean with the underwater avoidance package and turbo engagement missile thruster system? Oh wait that doesn't exist either.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:23 PM

If you go new, I'd recommend getting one off the lot the last weekend of the year, that is literally the best time to drive a hard offer home. End of month AND end of year, there will be numbers to be made at the dealership and they will be much more willing than normal to take a loss on a car to make those end of month/quarter/year numbers. You could literally save an extra thousand bucks. Shop around that weekend and dance with a few different dealers to get the best pricing among them. Good luck!

Read this too if you haven't: http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/co...-salesman.html

Last edited by troyus; 11-20-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:34 AM

It's funny you post that. When I graduated college in May of 2011 I took a job as a Subaru salesman for about a year until I ended up at the job I'm at now with the Lending Tree. I often times feel bad shooting these low ball offers over on new cars because I feel the salesman's pain getting a $100 "mini" deal out of if. But then the selfish side of me comes out thinking, "damn, I sold new Subaru Outbacks at 4% below invoice left and right knowing that I'd get my kickback from Subaru of America ($200 per car, selling 10-15 per month) plus my salary of $500 per week". The Ford store next door had a similar gig going on as well but they got kick backs for bumping options/factory upgrades too!

I saw that some dealers are doing 1-2% below invoice. Getting $6-7k off sticker is entirely possible if that's the case considering the $3000-4000 worth of rebates that are offered if you finance through Ally.

I don't mind ordering but I have a gut feeling something will pop up soon. I know Chrysler made more than 1 Granite or Billet R/T that isn't loaded.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:39 AM

Update: According to the search function on Dodge's website several dealers in my area are getting base R/T's in Granite and Billet. Looks like I'll have a shot at exactly what I want without waiting too long!

EDIT:

I've got a dealer trying to get one transferred to his lot for me. Only hang up is the manager is claiming he'll have to add $900 to the price because he's losing money from Chrysler on a dealer trade. Not sure if this is true; we sold Subaru dealer trades all the time for the same price never lost money.

Last edited by Chapman89; 11-29-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:58 AM

Looks like I am getting what I wanted!!! 2013 Challenger R/T 6 Speed in Granite Crystal w/ Black Fender Stripes! Woooooooooo!

Placed the deposit, picking it up tomorrow!!!

Last edited by Chapman89; 11-30-2012 at 07:58 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:45 AM

Thumbs up

Looks like I am getting what I wanted!!! 2013 Challenger R/T 6 Speed in Granite Crystal w/ Black Fender Stripes! Woooooooooo!

Placed the deposit, picking it up tomorrow!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 11:17 AM

Grats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.