Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Can't decide which look I like better

3K views 37 replies 23 participants last post by  Butterscotch71 
#1 ·
I really like the hellcat brass monkey wheels, and was disappointed when I couldn't order them on my SRT. I even had the factory wheels on my ram sport powdercoated the color. Well, I finally found a take off set at a decent price. Now that I have them on the car, I can't decide if I like them or the hyperblack wheels better. Opinions?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
On a Sublime Challenger, I just don't think the Brass Monkey wheels look as sharp as the other wheels you have. They don't compliment or contrast with Sublime as nicely as the darker wheels in my opinion. I am a big fan of the Brass Monkey wheels, and they look great on black/Red/Blue, but not on Sublime.

Great looking Hellcat!

#7 ·
Out of those two, the lighter ones as black would look far better than brass does.
I don't get the attraction to those wheels but it is only my opinion.
Black is the companion color to sublime.

#8 ·
You paid for the bronze, and can't return them? Well the bronze of course! :)

Seriously, they both look good :thumbsup:

A Guy

#15 ·
:banhim: :grin2:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Motor vehicle

A Guy

Reactions: pinefd
#23 ·
Weekend car, 2353 miles since I picked it up 5/21 :) I don't NOT drive it, but circumstances keep mileage low. I had similar tint on my last car, and also never put on front plate, 21 years, 60,000 miles, never pulled over. Helps I never speed or drive crazy. Every 2nd car here has 35% or darker tint, so sure mine doesn't stand out. A Guy

#28 ·
I love the Brass Monkeys on Red or Black cars.

IMHO, Hyperblack looks better on the rest of the colors.

#35 ·
I totally agree with A guy The only opinion that matters is yours! With that said- I think the brass monkeys look amazing. Hands down winner-- I see tons of matte, gloss and hyper black running around now.
I still don't see a lot of the brass monkey color anywhere. An awesome look and still unique on Challengers.

#32 ·
There should be a consensus of 1. You. Your opinion is the only one that matters.

A Guy

#33 ·
There should be a consensus of 1. You. Your opinion is the only one that matters.

A Guy

Agreed. I typically don't worry if anyone else likes what I do. I had my ram wheels coated in brass monkey to go with a very unique body color. A lot of people don't like it but I can't see it looking good any other way. For some reason with the Challenger I just can't decide and was curious what others thought.

Attachments

#34 · (Edited)
Those are OK, but....

These look WAY BETTER. These match the retro look of the Challengers. Your car will be Badazzzzzzzzzzzzzz with these.

American Racing Torque Thrust (Chrome, Black, Polished) Looks like Cragers

Hurst Stunner (Anthrocite, Black) You can get gold also

Attachments

#36 ·
These look WAY BETTER. These match the retro look of the Challengers. Your car will be Badazzzzzzzzzzzzzz with these.

American Racing Torque Thrust (Chrome, Black, Polished) Looks like Cragers

Hurst Stunner (Anthrocite, Black) You can get gold also
The Challenger and a nice 5 spoke wheel are a match made in heaven. Those are all nice choices.

#37 ·
They both look very good. You can always sell either set. Leave the Brass Monkey wheels on a while and they will grow on you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.