Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Can't Stand Careless People

12K views 100 replies 51 participants last post by  joe603 
#1 ·
Well, came out from the Supermarket to this...

I always make it a point to give cars next to me plenty of space and will even park on the other end of lots just avoid things like this. I know everyone is in a rush this time of year but I wish people were a bit more careful and more aware of their surroundings. Very frustrating. :flame:

See less See more
#3 ·
Ouch! That sucks......

#5 · (Edited)
It's not that I can't stand careless people, it's that I will not tolerate them !!! I'll go to jail over someone dinging or denting or keying my car....I wouldn't do anything like that to someone's clapped out Cavalier, they better not even think about touching my car..........

Maybe that's why it has such low mileage at 1 1/2 years old.... I refuse to drive it to any parking lot

:rocket:

#9 ·
Man that really does suck. I went shopping with the wife today and could not believe how many careless idiots are out there. Its a cold windy day here in New York and I couldn't count how many shopping carts that were flying into cars, people pulling into parking spots close to the vehicle next to them and smacking their doors into other vehicles with no care in the world. Good luck on the fix.

#11 ·
Lay a shopping cart on it's side in the space next to you, people are too lazy to move the cart. Ouch, that looks pretty bad BTW.

#12 ·
That sucks! Hate that happened to you. I always try to remember that 90% of people look at a car as an appliance to get you from point A to point B. They generally don't give a flip about their car and sure don't about yours. No matter if I am in the Challenger, the CTS, or my 8 year old pickup I park on the back 40 away from all other cars. So far none of them, not even the old truck, has a dent or scratch on them.

#15 ·
And people wonder why you park miles away and take 2 spots.

I know it's tough at xmas to do that. If I was able to drive mine in the winter... I'd still take my winter beater to the mall.

Worse offenders are little kids, but they don't know any better unless it's drilled into them when there young. Even then, I always remind my 18 yr.old daughter every time she gets out... but I'm a gear head so it matters.

#19 ·
Maybe damage from a ball hitch? I was in the parking lot the other day, mad holiday shopping everywhere, and watched two folks slowly back out of opposing lines into each other. It was in slow motion, one driver clearly aware of the other, tried to drive back in to his space, but the other, totally oblivious, kept going, and... whack!

#20 ·
Another good one is some people dont even care at the car shows I had my 1970 AAR cuda at a show and it got damage and I had to get three areas painted a door rear fender and front fender on the other side that when I was looking at other cars at the show Its a shame some people do not care good luck getting yours fixed HEMIB5BLUE

#29 ·
Another good one is some people dont even care at the car shows ...
Although I would have never suspected at a car show... yes, that's true! Last year at the end of the car show I went up to the announcing area and got involved in a conversation. As I walk back to my car I see some @sshat leaning against the front fender smoking a cigarette talking to some dude. When I said something he made some off-handed comment like "its just a Dodge." We visited a little.

I think I was even more pissed that it happened at a car show. Wal-mart is one thing but at a car show???

#22 ·
That sucks, sorry man. It does look pretty deep to be an accident or just a REAL careless person. Back in 2002 I bought a brand new Dodge Ram 1500 with the 20 inch rims. The 20's were a huge deal 10 years ago. Anyways, I parked what felt like 6 miles away from the entrance to the door. I was alone that far out. I come out of the store, and my truck had a huge ding and it was completely surrounded by carriages! One big circle around my truck! With my Challenger, I try to park relatively away from everyone, and try to park near one of the "islands" as to at least eliminate one side of the car being dinged. I avoid the carriage corral things they have because most people just aim and push and hope that it goes in.

#38 ·
I was alone that far out. I come out of the store, and my truck had a huge ding and it was completely surrounded by carriages! One big circle around my truck!
That's kids making a game out of pushing carts downhill to hit cars. They were obviously aiming at your truck because it was nice (more points!) and stopped when they got a hit or were scared away by a rent-a-cop. I think I'd end up in jail if I saw that.
I've had people fling their doors open and shrug when I went "WTF?!" after they hit my car, with me in it. They just don't care until they have a boot on their throat. And forget parking lots, people rear-end you all the time at the stop sign or red light around here because they are so busy not driving... :bash:

#23 ·
Agreed with the people who say that isn't accidental. For it to be that deep you have to hit that body line pretty hard. Not just a little oops I bumped the person next to me's car.

#30 ·
Agreed with the people who say that isn't accidental. For it to be that deep you have to hit that body line pretty hard. Not just a little oops I bumped the person next to me's car.

Not necessarily. The metal on our cars is extremely thin. A heavy SUV door swung open hard can easily create that type of a nasty ding. My son has an immaculate 2008 Tiburon that got the same type of door dings in the space of 4 months. That's why I NEVER put my Challenger in any parking lot.

#26 ·
ouch man.. sorry to see that.. i took mine one time to walmart.. parked way way way out in the beans.. some jack off parked right and i mean right up next to me on one side.. i would say less than a 1' between.. i crawled thru the other side.. moved got out and mule kicked his door in. i treat people with respect and dignity till they dont me. what he did was on purpose..

hope you get it fixed
chris

#67 ·
ouch man.. sorry to see that.. i took mine one time to walmart.. parked way way way out in the beans.. some jack off parked right and i mean right up next to me on one side.. i would say less than a 1' between.. i crawled thru the other side.. moved got out and mule kicked his door in. i treat people with respect and dignity till they dont me. what he did was on purpose.

Lol, no I've never done that....amazing the amount of damage that can be done wearing runners

#27 ·
Had my 2 Weeks and got a door scratch from someone openimg there door in the psrking lot at work. I now park completley by myself on the other end of tbe parking lot. I was abls to buff most of it out. I have a 6 year old daughter and she is very careful when opening car doors. Its more of a respect thing certain people dont respect other peoples things.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#31 ·
OMG, Seeing that just struck a serious nerve in my neck.
I don't care what nobody think, I'll always believe s**t like that is always done with 100% intention.

For Example: Went to go visit my mother at the Hospital in the middle of the day. Everyone likes to park as close as they can to the entrance and all the way in the back was 100% clear of cars. I parked all the way in the back in a corner and I just knew no one would park by me because there are just too many parking spaces...
I thought Wrong Again: I come out of the hospital about 4hrs later and spotted a HUGE LONG jacked up truck parked directly along the side of me, he was also very close to the point I had to get in on the passenger side!! Over 100 parking spots and they chose one on the side of me...

It happens all the darn time, smh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.