Can't Stand Careless People - Page 4 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 07:23 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OMG, Seeing that just struck a serious nerve in my neck.
I don't care what nobody think, I'll always believe s**t like that is always done with 100% intention.

For Example: Went to go visit my mother at the Hospital in the middle of the day. Everyone likes to park as close as they can to the entrance and all the way in the back was 100% clear of cars. I parked all the way in the back in a corner and I just knew no one would park by me because there are just too many parking spaces...
I thought Wrong Again: I come out of the hospital about 4hrs later and spotted a HUGE LONG jacked up truck parked directly along the side of me, he was also very close to the point I had to get in on the passenger side!! Over 100 parking spots and they chose one on the side of me...

It happens all the darn time, smh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 07:30 AM

That is the biggest door ding I have ever seen outside of a car wreck. I doubt dent wizard can get that out. Might have to replace the panel.
#33 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 08:30 AM

Careless people are everywhere. After eating lunch we got in the jeep and the lady driving the car parked next to us got in her car right after. She just swung her door open all the way. Had our jeep been parked any closer.....ding! We backed out after she got in her car and turned in the direction that backed us out behind her car. Before we even started moving forward away from it I saw the reverse lights turn on the she started backing up to our jeep, not even looking.

Some people just suck

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App
#34 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 08:45 AM

most of the time its from kids throwing doors open in a rush to get out of the car. Sorry to see this

'10 Toyota RAV4 green
'13 Toyota Tacoma TRD
'14 GT 500 silver and black
'11 GWE SRT Challenger - traded
#35 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 09:07 AM

Sorry about what happened to your car. I seem to remember some time back there was a post I thought I saw on here where a guy described in exacting detail with illustrated pictures on his parking lot technique, but for the life of me I can't find it.

Found it:
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...parking-24902/

2012 R/T Classic Redline 3-coat pearl, Automatic, Super Track Pak, Anti-spin rear differential,730N, Sound group II, Polished Aluminum wheels, MOPAR door sill protectors, Speedlogix catch can, Petty strut tower, 392 half-covers, silencer delete, 3G Customz ABS cover, painted coolant tank, Lock Pick V.5 and Boyo license frame backup camera, Mopar T-handle shifter

Last edited by astro; 12-23-2012 at 09:11 AM.
#36 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 09:14 AM

I must concur with those that feel it was intentional. Also agree about the folks with people parking REALLY close to you (despite being in an isolated part of a parking lot). I know I am very cynical, but come on! I tend to think that people that do this kind of crap are jealous and feel that if they can't have something nice, they don't want you to have nice things either. People have absolutely no respect for anyone or anything anymore. How many times do you hold open a door for someone (man or woman) and they just keep looking at their freakin "smart" phone and act like you owe them--makes my blood boil to be ignored and not thanked. If is was an accident, a good citizen (which no longer exists) would have either left a note claiming responsibility or waited for you to come out. I guess I was taught differently. What's the saying about integrity happening when you're not being watched.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mid-life crisis muscle For This Useful Post:
USRWDV8 (12-23-2012)
#37 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 09:36 AM

How long were you parked? Is it like you where there 5 min and someone came up did it and left?
#38 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 10:10 AM

Thanked 1,653 Times in 1,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge Daytona 3895 View Post
I was alone that far out. I come out of the store, and my truck had a huge ding and it was completely surrounded by carriages! One big circle around my truck!
That's kids making a game out of pushing carts downhill to hit cars. They were obviously aiming at your truck because it was nice (more points!) and stopped when they got a hit or were scared away by a rent-a-cop. I think I'd end up in jail if I saw that.
I've had people fling their doors open and shrug when I went "WTF?!" after they hit my car, with me in it. They just don't care until they have a boot on their throat. And forget parking lots, people rear-end you all the time at the stop sign or red light around here because they are so busy not driving...
#39 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 02:52 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I keep a set of these in my trunk for when I absolutely cannot find paranoid parking.

Magnetic Car Door Protection, Car Door Protectors, Car Door Guards, Prevent Car Door Dings and Dents

USAF 1977-2001
2010 R/T 6-speed Hemi-Orange--sold
2012 R/T-C 6-speed Header Orange--sold
2013 R/T auto Jazz Blue--sold
2014 R/T 6-speed Header Orange
#40 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Very impressive product mjb4450. OP, sorry to see the damage - not something I would wish on anyone.

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness." Some of us may have crossed the line.

Mods:
Functional hood scoop, DRL's enabled, Charger intake tube, Solo Mach X cat-back exhaust, Diablo InTune, SX catch can, Sequential taillights, Pistol Grip shifter, Custom smoothed intake manifold, Custom built covers for coolant tank, fuse box, valve covers, and ABS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode