Can't Stand Careless People - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 03:36 AM
Banned

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by SRT8Tech View Post
For a door ding to be that deep into the body line like that takes somebody doing it on purpose. Thats my guess. Somebody had to really open the door HARD for that to happen.
I was thinking the exact same thing. That dent seems pretty deep to be an accidental door ding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 03:46 AM

Photos: (5)
That sucks, sorry man. It does look pretty deep to be an accident or just a REAL careless person. Back in 2002 I bought a brand new Dodge Ram 1500 with the 20 inch rims. The 20's were a huge deal 10 years ago. Anyways, I parked what felt like 6 miles away from the entrance to the door. I was alone that far out. I come out of the store, and my truck had a huge ding and it was completely surrounded by carriages! One big circle around my truck! With my Challenger, I try to park relatively away from everyone, and try to park near one of the "islands" as to at least eliminate one side of the car being dinged. I avoid the carriage corral things they have because most people just aim and push and hope that it goes in.
Rear Spoiler
Floor Mats ( easy 10 hp )
Eibach Sportline Springs
Magnaflow Cat back
Mopar CAI
Diablo 93 CAI Tune

Previous Rides:
2006 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona #3895-SOLD
1970 Dodge Dart 340-SOLD
1968 Chevrolet Camaro SS-SOLD
1969 Pontiac Firebird 350-SOLD
1979 Chevrolet Z28-SOLD
1979 Plymouth Duster-SOLD
Old 12-23-2012, 04:09 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (1)
Agreed with the people who say that isn't accidental. For it to be that deep you have to hit that body line pretty hard. Not just a little oops I bumped the person next to me's car.

2009 Stone White R/T
JLT Cold Air Intake | 180 T-Stat |SRT Hood Scoops | 85mm Ported Throttle Body
SRT Headers | Magnaflow mids | Corsa Exhaust | Custom tune | Petty strut brace
Old 12-23-2012, 04:16 AM

Ouch tuff spot to

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
Old 12-23-2012, 05:52 AM

man that sucks! it seems 90% of people just dont care,i had that happen the first week i had mine.made me want to puke!
Old 12-23-2012, 05:56 AM

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
ouch man.. sorry to see that.. i took mine one time to walmart.. parked way way way out in the beans.. some jack off parked right and i mean right up next to me on one side.. i would say less than a 1' between.. i crawled thru the other side.. moved got out and mule kicked his door in. i treat people with respect and dignity till they dont me. what he did was on purpose..

hope you get it fixed
chris

2009 SRT
ARRINGTON TVS 2300 8LB BLOWER WITH A.J. TUNE & MODERN MUSCLE THROTTLE BODY WITH LMI FENDER PULL INTAKE
ARRINGTON FRONT STRUT TOWER BRACE
BILLET TECH FUEL DOOR BADGE, DOORLOCK PINS, DEVO STRUT TOWER COVERS, COMPLETE UNDERHOOD KIT IN RED, POP CAN DELETE DISC'S, SRT WHEEL CENTERS, DOOR JAM INSERTS
CANTON SUPER CHARGER COOLANT TANK
BARTON SHORT THROW SHIFTER WITH MOPAR SHORT THROW HANDLE]
CUSTOM HEAD RESTS
SPEEDLOGIX A-PILLAR POD WITH AUTOMETER CARBON FIBER GUAGES
Old 12-23-2012, 06:05 AM

Had my 2 Weeks and got a door scratch from someone openimg there door in the psrking lot at work. I now park completley by myself on the other end of tbe parking lot. I was abls to buff most of it out. I have a 6 year old daughter and she is very careful when opening car doors. Its more of a respect thing certain people dont respect other peoples things.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 12-23-2012, 06:08 AM

I think the safest place would be the shopping cartscollectors because most people dont bother to put shopping carts back anyway

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 12-23-2012, 06:15 AM

Photos: (6)
Originally Posted by hemib5blue View Post
Another good one is some people dont even care at the car shows ...
Although I would have never suspected at a car show... yes, that's true! Last year at the end of the car show I went up to the announcing area and got involved in a conversation. As I walk back to my car I see some @sshat leaning against the front fender smoking a cigarette talking to some dude. When I said something he made some off-handed comment like "its just a Dodge." We visited a little.

I think I was even more pissed that it happened at a car show. Wal-mart is one thing but at a car show???

'10 R/T 6 Speed // Magnuson Supercharged @ 8lbs // Hurst //
Areoforce duals // 0ther warranty voiding parts //
Old 12-23-2012, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Photos: (51)
Originally Posted by BigRobsRT View Post
Agreed with the people who say that isn't accidental. For it to be that deep you have to hit that body line pretty hard. Not just a little oops I bumped the person next to me's car.

Not necessarily. The metal on our cars is extremely thin. A heavy SUV door swung open hard can easily create that type of a nasty ding. My son has an immaculate 2008 Tiburon that got the same type of door dings in the space of 4 months. That's why I NEVER put my Challenger in any parking lot.

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.