Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Challenger Abuse

28K views 190 replies 82 participants last post by  BEIST 
#1 ·
This poor guy has been sitting in the parking lot outside of my condo for months...and I mean MONTHS. It hasnt been driven, moved, or apparently breathed on by whoever owns it. I dont even think the pictures do justice as to how filthy and covered in bird crap this vehicle is.

It does have Nevada plates (Im in LA)...So, maybe the owner left the car here...either way this is just sad.

See less See more
#2 ·
That is HEARTBREAKING!! Especially since the owner put money into mods...exhaust, wheels....

Maybe he's in jail?

#3 ·
Wow, that is just wrong and sad on so many levels!

I can only imagine something very bad happened to the owner to cause his absence...

#4 ·
The owner probably calls it a Chally too and bought it only for bragging rights. :sneaky:

#7 ·
Wonder if maybe he's Military and was called to duty? Darn I'd try to find out the backstory.. If it's a Service Man or Woman I'd pay to have it professionally detailed and then covered! If it's some guy in Jail... I'd put it on ebay! Sad...

#25 ·
my thoughts exactly

#8 ·
A quick call to the police should be made for ANY vehicle that has been sitting more than a few weeks..

You never know, it could be stolen, or abandoned for lack of payments etc..

Put in a call, they'll run the tag & the VIN...

Could be nothing, but too unusual not to call...

Let us know what happens..

#9 ·
Or... could it be a new strategy to cope with rippled sheetmetal? (too many recent silly threads put me in a facetious mood)

#10 ·
It's still CPS (Challenger Protective Services)

#11 ·
Late on payments could very well be...it would be consistent with leaving the car to be found in such a state just to spite the collectors. That would be a shame a Challenger had to bear that abuse.

If it is a soldier who suddenly got sent off to duty, I feel bad. Those birds are terrorists!

#13 ·
Very possible this is a stolen vehicle. I had a car stolen two years ago and all they thieves did was take the car, pull anything and everything out of any value and left the car in an apartment complex 2 miles away. There it sat for six months until finally the complex called to have it removed. That was when they actually ran the VIN and it came up stolen. You could probably look and see if the ignition has been torn up or radio missing or interior ransacked.

#14 ·
Many possibilities,

Medical issue, could be in the hospital or in treatment,

A death unfortunately can not be ruled out, (disposition of vehicles takes time),

Military deployment,

Family emergency out of area,

Incarceration,

Abandonment, financial issues, stolen,
:smoker:

#15 ·
I dont believe the vehicle is stolen...there was a time for a couple weeks when it first showed up that it was being driven around. I never saw the owner but the car would be parked in one of the private spaces, and then in the parking lot.

#18 ·
"Like a Good Neighbor, State Farm is there, with a bubble bath"

LOL! I seriously would at least "inquire" as to the owner, if someone says it's non of by business no harm no foul, but if they go into detail and like I said, it's someone that is on Duty in the Military I'd do whatever I could to help them out. Likewise if they have taken ill, I'd do what I could to help out!

#19 ·
Don't go "sniffing" around. If the trunk is "occupied" by more than a spare tire, don't forget you are in Vegas! As for the car, fogettaboutit!!!

#20 ·
Yeeesh, that sounds grim!

#21 ·
Most likely, the member is deployed, our deployments typically run 6 months, I have been on 11 of them now... Also, the reason I say that is the Nevada plates, we have a HUGE training base in Las Vegas area...

#24 ·
I was in the military. A deployment is not a fast process. There was surely enough time to at least purchase a car cover or make other arrangements for storing the car. I would be surprised to find out that this was related to a deployment. Especially since it has out of state tags.

#22 ·
That makes me sad (that if he is truly deployed), he has literally got nobody else in the world to count on to check in on his stuff while he is gone (let alone be happy to see his return). :(

#23 ·
We will be happy to see his or her safe return, perhaps this is the perfect opportunity to extend a helping hand to someone and bring them into the fold at CT.

#26 ·
as YO-EL said ... call the cops .... they will tell you a thing or two

#27 ·
In prison?

Iraq war casualty?

Deported illegal immigrant?

Amnesia?

Stolen and dumped?

Abandoned for repo?

Dead gang banger?

Fled the country?

There are a lot of reasons a car would sit pending ID or legal trouble.

#32 ·
Call the cops, it is possibly stolen and abandoned. I used to find these in cheap motels and apartment complexes frequently when nothing else was going on. Not saying your place is cheap...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.