Challenger to end in 2014? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 09:39 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Challenger to end in 2014?

Hello, I have a 2011 Challenger RT, and my lease is up in 2014.

I heard that will be the last year for the Challenger.

Is this true?

Also, any annticipated changes for year 2013 or 2014, or will everything remain the same. I am thinking about leasing a 2014 SRT this time when my lease is up and wnated to know

Also, are there any plans for a Dodge sports car to replace it: will it be as powerful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 09:49 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

I cannot see Fiat changing the Challenger if its ending soon.
I might upgrade my 2012 Rt too a 2014 Rt if its the last year,but as of now I am enjoying my 2012Rt and will worry about upgrading later.................JQ
#3 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommasom View Post
Hello, I have a 2011 Challenger RT, and my lease is up in 2014.

I heard that will be the last year for the Challenger.

Is this true?

Also, any annticipated changes for year 2013 or 2014, or will everything remain the same. I am thinking about leasing a 2014 SRT this time when my lease is up and wnated to know

Also, are there any plans for a Dodge sports car to replace it: will it be as powerful
I think in fact 2013 is the last year for the Challenger.

There's always the Viper...

Seems like we will have a Barracuda starting in 2014. But this may be nothing like a V8 muscle car... no one knows at this point.
#4 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 11:16 PM

That seems to be the current rumor, but I've seen no official announcement from Chrysler.

2014 SRT Core - 12.285 @ 112.50 mph
2010 R/T - PB 12.87 Traded

I know my car runs 10's because I once beat a guy who said his car runs 11's.
#5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 01:20 AM

People can speculate but until it's officially announced by Chrysler nobody really knows for sure. It's hard for me to believe they would drop the Challenger unless sales really drop off but I'm guessing like everybody else.

2010 FF Challenger RT
#6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 06:15 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

My guess is late fall we may see some spy shots if there is a replacement and next Jan. we will see an unveiling if it is to be replaced. At this point everything is speculation.

TorRed SE Model purchased: 2/05/09 (gone but not forgotten)
TorRed R/T Classic ordered: 4/06/13
R/T Classic born on: 6/04/13
R/T Classic delivered on: 6/21/13
Mods installed:
Mopar CAI
RiderGraphix spoiler graphic
Skip-to-shift eliminator
Cursive Challenger on grille
Engine Cover air brush painted
Billet under the hood stuff
MOPAR door sills

Member of Frederick Scat Pack
#7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 06:39 AM

I can see it happening. With the new body style on the Charger, releasing the Dart, and speculation on a Cuda almost makes sense. Also it will have given the Challenger a 5 year run for whatever thats worth. I've already taken great care of my Challenger with maint., trying to keep miles low etc. If they do end the production after '13 I think it will make them more valuable in the future. Get em while ya can I guess. As other posters have noted its simply speculation.
#8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
2013 will be the last year for the Challenger.

It will be replaced by a smaller Barracuda model. It only makes sense. The Challenger was a limited run retro model. What more can be done to the car but still retain its 70s heritage?

There is an entire thread on this. Read:

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...-2014-a-71109/

#9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 07:23 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Talking Stop production

If and when they stop making the Challenger their are people out there who will no longer want a car that's not in production. There are collectors, loyal buyers and everyone else.

Right today there are 234 Challengers on Ebay for sale not to mention Cars.com, Auto Trader, etc. When they announce they are stopping production, The market will be flooded with Challengers of all models.

It took almost 30 yrs for the ORIGINAL Challenger to reach collector car status. I'll be 80 yrs old if and when that happens to the one I have sitting in the garage.

The resale value of and 2008 SRT8 is not good for the seller (IMO) I could have saved over $12 to $15 thousand dollars if I would have waited 2 yrs to buy my car,
I have seen 2008 low mileage SRT8 Challengers sell in the low $30s.

So to sum this all up am still going to enjoy driving my SRT8, run up the miles and mod it as I want.

If they stop production "So What" I can proudly say "I have or I used to own one of them."

08 SRT8 Upgrades:
AIRAID
Blastin Bobs 3" resonated delete
Powder coated SRT rims w/metal accent

Challenger sills & mats w/pedal dress up
Quad rear tips
Mopar steering wheel upgrade
Blend Mount
Sequential tails
Hurst kit
B.T. c/can

Pettys tower brace x 2
Eibach F & R sway bar

KW V2 coil overs
Pedders F & R

#10 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 09:35 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

I was looking around at inventory within a 200 mile radius of me... there are loaded SXTs for 33k..... I just cannot imagine a non Hemi car for 33k.... I got my mid level SE during the Employee Pricing Plus Plus in Feb 09 so I got my car dirt cheap. At this point that article is pure speculation but I believe there is some truth to it. If and when Chrysler states what they will do I will look at its replacement and then decide if I want a last year Challenger RT or just keep what I have.... probably leaning to a last year Challenger RT as I just cannot imagine it's replacement will be as stunning of a vehicle going down the road. The Challenger is just spot on in looks. I still love seeing Challengers on the road and still love the big smile I have every time I fire it up and back it out of the garage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode