Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Challenger Respect

3K views 19 replies 20 participants last post by  bk834 
#1 ·
Do you ever see another Challenger on the road and automatically have respect for the other driver because he/she is driving the same type of car? I have noticed that I do that all the time. For example If a Challenger needs to get over I usually let them in without even thinking about it. It's seems like it's an automatic thing. How I look at it, we are all part of the same club that drives these awesome vehicles so we should look out for for one another. ;)

#2 ·
Definitely! I see so few Challengers around here, I have no choice but to respect them when I happen to see one because it will be days or even a week before I see another. Anyone that chooses to drive a Challenger has to be good people.

#18 ·
I'm feeling this one..:werd:

Reactions: pdx.challenger
#4 ·
i extend this courtesy to just about any one that looks like a car enthusiast. whether it be a honda with a fart pipe, a jeep, or even a mustang or camaro. we're all cut from the same cloth, we just have different tastes. even if they're in a "rival" car, there's no reason to be unsporting.

#5 ·
That's pretty much the way I see it, too. I don't look either up or down at people based on their choice of cars. I love my car more than any that I've ever owned, but, in reality, there are many other cars on the road that cost way more than mine. When I see another Challenger, I think it's cool. But it doesn't automatically bestow "respect" on the owner.

Think about the Challenger owner who was street racing and killed those people a couple of weeks ago. Respect?

#7 ·
Making decisions on people based on what kind of car they drive is not a good idea.

As for respecting other Challengers, well....our fellow owners tend to make that difficult. For me, it's the same three things:

*The V6 owner hauling ass and weaving in and out of traffic for whatever reason
*The fellow R/T owner who has to do a flyby while mad dogging me as if to prove something
*The 392 driver....not even going there, but let's just say it isn't pleasant

There's quite a few Challengers in my area. I'm yet to receive a wave, nod, thumbs up, or pretty much any positive recognition whatsoever from another owner. It is what it is.

Reactions: pdx.challenger
#16 ·
Im the 392 driver >:)

#9 ·
I'm too busy racing everything and blowing doors off of Ricers to notice other Challengers. ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#11 ·
a lot of my driving is mood dependent, if I'm just out cruising doing 5 under I'll stop and let people out and everything Challenger or not, I will stop and let a Challenger or any old muscle car out at all times. If I'm a little busy I'm 5 over and not stopping for anything except and ambulance or a fellow Challenger or old muscle. then there are times when I can't help myself but toying with hybrids and ricers.

#12 ·
Do you ever see another Challenger on the road and automatically have respect for the other driver because he/she is driving the same type of car?
No...

Reactions: NoCoHc
#13 ·
I think the Challenger itself commands respect. On my way to the Sharks game, a really nice Mustang GT 5.0 did an orbit of my car. I thought he wanted to race, but both guys gave big smiles and thumbs-up. I gave one back and we went on our way.

#14 ·
I wouldn't say I respect them, but I acknowledge their presence and flash my headlights at them. That's about it. Every once in a while, some people will earn my respect but that's usually from racing me. Those are always fun. I love not knowing what the other person is running. Maybe they're spraying it? Maybe there's bolt-ons and a tune? Or maybe, just maybe it's an even race? Have to say though, nothing's more fun that beating an automatic car with a stick.

#15 ·
IMO, respect is earned, however, I always give a "thumbs up" when I run into any Challenger on the road.

The majority have waved, or thumbed up back to me, but some have that "deer in the headlight" look too. Obviously a Challenger owner, but it's just a car to them.

Not many Challengers in my area, so most are just passing through.

I also give a hand flash to any other muscle, vintage or classic cars too. Just how I am, and I consider it a friendly "howdy" to another cool car owner.

#19 ·
For some reason my area has few Challengers in it. Last year I'm driving my 2013 SXT+ down the main road through town. It's 2 lanes each way, but red light after red light. I see another Challenger in my rear view mirror, and he gets in the fast lane to catch me at the next red light. He was a guy of about 60, with an SRT. We both had our windows down. After giving each other a wave, I shouted over...Do you want to trade? He laughed. I can't understand why?? :grin2: Oh gosh, did his car sound good!

#20 ·
Respect? Does that even exist in a public setting with strangers anymore....I might wave at a nicely kept Ram driver, but a challenger driver, nah, pretty much all ******bags in my experience. I hate even being associated with the majority type of people who drive these cars, but I love this car just as much as my 71, so it's just part of it. The fad will fade soon enough though, and the db's will move on to the next hot ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.