Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Color Insanity

7K views 46 replies 31 participants last post by  MizzouRT 
#1 ·
I recently posted a thread color regret. Making a long story short I bought a redline scat pack instead of a sublime green and have had color remorse since. After some insightful opinions from members. I polished her up and decided hell, just enjoy it. Not even a hour after I started the thread I get a call from a dealer I spoke to a while ago they have a srt 392 sublime and will attempt to work out the best deal if I'm interested. Am I going over the deep end here and getting caught up in this color rarity nonsense? Even my wife has stated she has heard nothing but green cars for 2 months and don't care how much it cost just get it. God I feel like the kid who picked the wrong Nintendo game here back in the 80s.

However I need to be intelligent about this, anyone with experience of trading up in a single car year? KBB doesn't even have information yet.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
If you really have your heart set on the Sublime, you have the finances and your wife is all for it. I'd say get the color you want! (Again, as long as your financially able to take on the difference!) If not, you'll be regretting it as time passes.

#4 ·
I feel your pain a little as my true color I wanted was Granite Crystal with silver stripes, but I would have had to order it. On top of that I wasn't sure I was going to like it when it showed up anyway. I probably would have loved it, but sometimes pictures don't do it justice. Then my dealer called and said they had this sweet Ivory Pearl fully loaded AND they would like me have it for 1% under invoice. I brought a buddy with me to check it out and although it wasn't my color choice initially I have now found my love for it. I would say if you can handle it financially then why not, but if it is going to put you in a bind then I would advise against it. Some colors look great in short intervals, but if you get a bad financial deal out of it then that color may not seem so cool when you pay the note on it every month. Money is everything really.

#6 ·
I ended up with a Bright White RT when I really wanted Header Orange. I finally found a Header Orange RT and traded. Love the color even more now especially looking out the windshield and at the bright orange side mirrors from inside the car. It's a car you will most likely want to keep for a long time. I say, at least talk with the dealer and see what they are offering and get the color you really want. I want a 392 now, but I don't plan on trading again until I find an orange one.

#8 ·
lacan thatis nice looking..get what you really want.i settled on a color (jazz blue) and yes its a nice looking car but between washing it 2-3 times a week(its a dirt magnet) and really wanting yellow has gotten to me.i love my car but not the color.im gonna paint or wrap the car.trading it in is not an option.you should get a good trade on your car since there not a lot out there.dont be like me..get out while there is still time...get want you really want!!!!

#10 ·
I'm with 19johned53.........."color is most important option". Go get the color you REALLY want.......before they sell it out from under you.

Besides there's nothing wrong with green. Its a great color......just ask me......... :5:

Reactions: 19johned53
#12 ·
I have noticed this too in photos, but in person it's been hard for me to determine the difference. When I get my Sublime delivered and if it does looks too different, I will have mine repainted to match the body.

#13 ·
If you can afford it, do it!

#14 ·
Life is short, get the car you want. I did the same thing and traded in a silver car on Hemi Orange. Then, I traded the Orange car in on a Scat Pack. Now I'm happy. Cost me a little bit but it's worth it in the grand scheme of things.

#15 · (Edited)
It doesn't hurt anything to go in there and listen to what they'll offer you and then make a decision.

It makes no sense to have your mind made up before hearing the offer because it might be ridiculous and then you've set yourself up to take a financial beating.

I'd sit down and talk to your wife, since she's on board already, and determine what you'd consider a decent deal. After all, Every deal is negotiable and you can walk away at any time if it's not to your liking.

One of the first rules of negotiation is that you have to be willing to walk away if their not willing to work with you or you think that it's not a fair deal.

The thing for the dealer is that they will make money two ways from your deal, so it's a win win for them, so your job is to limit your losses.

Bottom line is that if it makes you Happy, your wife is on board, and you're not not taking food off of your table, then I'd say to do it (once again, providing that you get a fair/decent deal).

Good Luck and Please let us know how it turns out! :icon_cheers:

#16 ·
At least you don't have to trade in your wife because she won't let you get a green one like some others have had to do.....

#17 · (Edited)
I saw this from the 9th story window of my hotel room here in Waikiki, I just had to go down to the garage and see it in person! Beautiful Black R/T with Sepia Brown interior with an unusual red stripe down the side, the likes of which I have never seen before.

#19 ·
I will say this about sublime as I have seen a few in person as of late. when they are clean they look killer...however any amount of dirt on them and the green ends up looking really...well grimy...it is the worst paint to have dirt on imo

#24 · (Edited)
I wish I could follow up this thread with a "proud owner of a sublime". However after getting some great feedback from here, I spoke to the wife regarding how much we more we were willing to pay. I called the salesman confirming the car was still available and on the lot, they are fifty miles away. He confirms it is here and looking at it right now. "It's a beauty" he assures me. Upon arriving, there was no sublime. No one knows where the car went. Sales manager approaches me, apologizes and says the car sold a few days ago. He than proceeds to try and show me a B5 Hellcat m6 marked up for 80k. Needless to say, irony at it's finest...

#25 ·
My wife is a firm believer in signs and I think this was a sign that it wasn't meant to be.

Sorry that you missed out on the Sublime green one, but the good thing is that you've still got a Beautiful Challenger to enjoy!

There is always the wrap option, which would probably be cheaper than trading at the dealer too.

Thanks for the update! :cheers:

#26 · (Edited)
WOW! That car in that picture is like the most beautiful car on the PLANET!!
If I were you, I would get it.
And dang....The Mrs. blessings come with it?
No brainer there!
Good luck on your decision!!
Peace to you and your wife!
Tom.

Sorry! missed the last update!!
The secret to having what you want...is....wanting what you have!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.