Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Concept Picture Of A 2018 Dodge Challenger

13K views 87 replies 74 participants last post by  SRT Wasp 
#1 ·
I think it's nice... But what do u guys think about it???

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car White

See less See more
#9 ·
Haha, no thanks. I really like that the Challenger is a big car, but it's already bigger than the '70 was in every dimension.

I don't see any need to widen or lengthen the thing, but I do think it can be freshened by making it look longer. Lower every thing but the ride height; the roof, seating, belt line, hood, trunk lid, even the headlights and grill. Just a little and it'll look longer and sleeker. Maybe harden that crease in the side a bit, too.

#11 ·
Front bumper is a slomaro, those body dents full length are stupid and break a fundamental side line view of the retro which we all like. If the rear is as horrible as the front I don't want to see it. On the other hand if they build **** that ugly my car will be worth a fortune in the future.

#13 ·
Can you say "Camaro"...... doesn't matter the manufacturer cuz they all seem to take a great body style and keep rounding it and rounding it til it looks just like every other car on the road.

#14 ·
#17 ·
I would love it to be halfway between the size of the current Camaro / Mustang and Challenger. And tip the scales at 3800 lbs ish.

The front of that car looks a lot like a Camaro to me. I hope it keeps the very recognizable front end look of the Challenger.

Also, where did this concept picture come from ??

#18 ·
We're still a loooong way off from even a "concept" car hitting an auto show...

That being said, I'm really only interested in how the 2018 model will affect Hellcat values...

#20 ·
What ever it will look like, it will most likely be a 2019 model anyway.... I like what we have right now, I am tired of trading up to the latest incarnation of a car that not just meets my needs but exceeds them already.

#23 ·
It looks like an evolved version of the retro challenger. When the original Challenger came out, people thought it looked like a wider meaner version of the 67-69 Camaro. The current Challenger has those classic late 60's pony lines, which is why people mistake them for Camaro's today. This car still looks retro. The dual headlights show Challenger DNA. There is a bit too much of the modern dents and angles IMO, but overall it looks like a modern retro pony. Looks good, better than Stang or Camaro. If it comes in at 7/8 th or 8/9 th scale, I will consider it. These artist renditions are most often a huge guess.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#25 ·
the origami creases - no...

The Camaro has all these hard lines and it doesn't flow as well - this is taking the worst examples of the Asian body kits (front facia, esp.) and slapping it on.

Thankfully this is a CGI rendering - floating ideas, but a long way to go yet.

#41 ·
Its not...a 3rd party cobbled that together.
-they spent too much time looking at the '16 Camaro - the influence is pretty obvious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.