Dodge Challenger Forum banner

The Coolest RETRO Mods On Challengertalk...

87K views 146 replies 74 participants last post by  movnviol 
#1 ·
I've been checking out some very cool Retro Mods on different Threads on Challengertalk and thought it would be cool just to post the most coolest, retro mod looks in one location.

Just before and after pics to show the dramatic differences. Here are two examples of before and after...

Before & After photographs...

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Green Muscle car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Green

PLEASE ONLY POST TWO PICS. AND TRY NOT TO COMMENT ON PICS, SO THE THREAD WON'T BE A DUPLICATION AND REPEDATIVE. THANK YOU.

See less See more
#4 ·
Going old school via hood is the biggest change you can make.

I run both the Shaker and TA hoods. I currently have the TA installed for an AM event. Will change that to the Shaker for the PM event tomorrow.

Then the interior

Stock shifter

Hurst shifter

Under hood

With the shaker

And with the TA

#13 ·
Going old school via hood is the biggest change you can make.

I run both the Shaker and TA hoods. I currently have the TA installed for an AM event. Will change that to the Shaker for the PM event tomorrow.

Then the interior

Stock shifter

Hurst shifter

Under hood

With the shaker

And with the TA

Real nice.

#5 ·
How about this one?? lol Was the T/A hood.......

Now the SMS.......Does this count as retro?? lol

#6 · (Edited)
How about rear deck lid badges

Update: partnumbers
Mopar R/T Badge (04806323AB)

Challenger Script (P3444938) -Metal <- this one is usually cheaper and what is shown on my deck lid below
Challenger Script (68044799AA) -Plastic

#8 ·
It's the same as the AFR shaker, just remove the shaker cover (use shaker base) and bolt the base trim ring and TA to the hood (I've added a taller air cleaner and removed the rain shield (when it's not raining of course.)

#42 ·
Sweet! I really like the look of your "Retro Wheel Look!" can you please PM me details. I would love to get your setup.

#15 ·
I picked up both of them at my local dealership. (both have adhesive backing) If you need part numbers there is a thread around here with the part numbers. ( I would contact Luke from stevewhite parts, via the forums for the best prices)

#18 ·
i think they just go from plug to plug under the throttlebody

#36 ·
another great idea. i live in windsor ontario, one mile SOUTH of detroit in canada. a quarter of us in windsor are so american (me included ...love the US) and i hate metric. 345 CI looks awesome on the hood!:thumbsup:

#38 ·
thus far, this is an excellent thread.

interior:

exterior:

can you guess the catback?

however, in future I'd like to do what wyoming did with a Super B wing; cervini ram air, and custom paint the engine cover & the cervini ram air underhood attachment; long term some savini custom color rims and Goodyear F-1's. Then, I'll be ready for some racing! Have a great day!

#40 ·
My application of real valve covers same as Hemi31's.

#43 ·
New Take On The Old RamCharger Fresh Air Setup

Here is a nice Retro touch under the hood. I took a Cervini Ram Air Underhood Cold Air Kit and DA'd the Cervini and Ram Air lettering off and painted the body semi flat black and the runners in Hemi Orange paints. This was accomplished with Spray Cans w/Regulator Spray Handle. Then I added the old "Ramcharger" decal and rubber gasket to seal the Air Cleaner (Cali) Box.

It attracts almost as much attention as a open Shaker Hood.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

#44 ·
Here is a nice Retro touch under the hood. I took a Cervini Ram Air Underhood Cold Air Kit and DA'd the Cervini and Ram Air lettering off and painted the body semi flat black and the runners in Hemi Orange paints. This was accomplished with Spray Cans w/Regulator Spray Handle. Then I added the old "Ramcharger" decal and rubber gasket to seal the Air Cleaner (Cali) Box.

It attracts almost as much attention as a open Shaker Hood.

View attachment 45785
Very cool looking setup,I really like it.The old school color and decals draw you to it.:thup::thup::thup:

#46 ·
Great looks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.