Dash Rattle - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 03:03 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dash Rattle

Anyone else have one. I am having a rattle on the passenger side up near the windshield. Obviously it gets worse over uneven pavement. I hate taking things like this to the dealership cause you know the old song and dance about 'we can replicate it so we cant fix it'. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by blackpearljackSC View Post
Anyone else have one. I am having a rattle on the passenger side up near the windshield. Obviously it gets worse over uneven pavement. I hate taking things like this to the dealership cause you know the old song and dance about 'we can replicate it so we cant fix it'. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed anything?
So far, I have not noticed a rattle but if I were in your shoes, I would be right back at the dealer and would accompany whoever on a test ride until it happens. You paid way too much for your car to not have that remedied. The big difference between buying a musclecar in 1970 and buying one today is that quality and workmanship standards have increased to the point where rattles should not be accepted as normal on a brand new car.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:08 PM

I have a slight rattle on the drivers side up under the dash. Only hear it when the radio is off. not very ofter then. Haven't taken it in to get checked.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:57 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Originally Posted by blackpearljackSC View Post
Mine had a rattle there; it was the a-pillar trim panel. I pulled it off and added some foam rubber as well as a felt strip along the edge of the dash where they meet. 95% better. Only rattles a tiny bit over really big bumps now.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:24 PM

I too have a rattle somewhere up by the speaker in the dash on the driver side. When I push down on it the rattle stops. I don't know what to do but now I will see if that pillar cover is the culprit. Maybe the speaker is loose.

2010 SRT8 6-Speed HO
Purchased new 06/29/10

Mopar CAI
Mopar Cat Back
Mopar Strut Tower Brace
Skip Shift Eliminator
Mopar short throw shifter with Mopar carbon fiber knob
Tinted Windshield, sides, back, fogs, marker lights
LockPic V.4 w/front and rear cameras
DRL's on
Billet Technologies Interior Bling
ReBadge Design and Graphics Nose Badge
Diablosport inTune programmer
180 thermostat
Old 05-03-2011, 04:54 PM

From my days with my Charger I remember a few loose screws on the dash speakers
being the cause of a rattle. The covers pop right off, easy to check if it's the culprit.

SCC
Old 05-03-2011, 06:08 PM

I had a mysterious rattle that seemed to come from the passenger side unless you were sitting in the passenger seat and then you would swear it was coming from the driver's side, it turned out to be the rear view mirror. It didn't happen all the time just at certain speeds. Make them ride with you and replicate it for them or find a better dealership that is interested in your business.
aFe Pro-Dry S Air Filter
2010 B5 R/T Classic 6pd
Mods:
Hood Struts
K&N drop-in
SRT Airbox and tube
Solo Performance Exhaust w/ J pipes
Old 05-16-2011, 01:11 PM

i have spent the last 3 weeks going in and out of the dealership regarding this rattle, left my car 3 times for 2 days at the time and at the end it totaled 7 visits... (I really hate rattles in case that was not obvious)
i have a 6speed '10 rt
the rattle comes and or originates from 3 major sources
1- the speaker's bolt and the clip are more then likely not tightened
2-hard to explain, but bare with me : if you are standing outside of your car and looking at your VIN, if you look right down 2-3" there is a plastic cover under (and from that point of view before) the hood right under your windshield... that plastic thing does awful things to all 300/charger/magnum/chally's (as i had to ask around on all the forums I found we have a common enemy)
3-pillar covers somehow are not "jammed" correctly

if you are able to stop it by pressing down on it you will be able to stop it by messing with the speakers, my suggestion to you is, if you do open it up, to use some isolation "foam" "dynamat" to stiffen up all the loose parts you see once its open...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.