Dealer lost my lug nut lock key. - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 05:58 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dealer lost my lug nut lock key.

Just picked up a HO 08 SRT Challenger. The dealer forgot to put the lug-nut lock key with the car. I called (500 miles away) told them about the key and was told we will send it today. Well after 2 days I got a thank you letter. 3 days later the title came. Now 10 later nothing. They say it was sent but if its not here by now, it never will be. I went to my local Dodge with the window sticker asking if they could help---No. I was told there is nothing they can do. I went to Sears a bought a socket that removes lug nut locks. Well the outside of the lock-lug just spins. I would like to avoid any Pep-boys stores etc. If I have no choice then I will. Any ideas? Thanks. **Posted in wheel secton**
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2010, 09:06 PM

Hemi.......Look in the glovebox.....In with all the owners manual and tire warr.info there should be a small card with "MagGuard" on it...(that's not spelled right, but it's something like that...) This card will have the key # for your wheel locks.....You'll have to call them and explain what happened, it'll cost you about 10-15 bucks for them to send you a replacement key....Hope this helps...
Old 01-29-2010, 04:45 AM

I would order two and make the dealer pay for BOTH. Check the console, the glove box, the truck well, door wells and then go back a ream out the tech that installed 'em. You know you are going to get a flat now don't you?

Conceived - 12-03-08

Born - 03-09-09

First seen On the truck Easter Sunday - 04-12-09

Brought home - 04-13-09

Mods so far.
Mopar hood props
Mopar locking gas cap
RiderGraphix - Challenger R/T script in gloss black on spoiler
Mopar locking lug nuts
Mopar T-shifter
Mopar Challenger door sill guards
Mopar Challenger car cover
Mopar Cat-back exhaust system
Billet Tech. - Satin Catch Can
Old 01-29-2010, 04:49 AM

Photos: (5)
yeah definetly make them pay lol
Old 01-30-2010, 12:34 PM

I have checked everywhere in the car. Checked all paper zero codes for lock lug key. The issus is the Dodge dealer that I bought the car from it in MInn-Im in Chicago-500 miles away!!! Any other ideas? Thanks everyone
Old 01-30-2010, 01:24 PM

I had lost my key for my wheel locks, and i went to a NTB and they had an assortment of keys for different types of locks. If you haven't maybe you can check them out. G/L to you in getting your key. There's nothing worse than not having a key and getting a flat. Been there done than.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:04 PM

thanks for the thread, I bought mine with 2214 miles on it and it wasn't even mentioned. I did not realize it had one. I am going to look around for it as I only got the two fobs.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:33 PM

I dont think the 08's came from the factory with lock nuts ,If I remember it was a aftermarket purchase.Im gonna check mine tommorrow though.Ive never seen any extra socket or key in my car.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:38 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (12)
Check the spare wheel well. Under the spare, anywhere in there....

As for the wheel locks, I just don't get them. Does anyone think that someone is going to take their wheels ? Where would you be parked when it happens ? I don't know, I just think that they are more of a PIA to iwners more than theives.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (15)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I agree that wheel locks are a PIA.

As a side story, I changed the front rotors on my wife's car (it has lug locks). Her car was due for inspection. When I finished, I thought I put her lock back in the glove box (I was in a hurry to clean up the tools).

I took the car for a four mile test drive to burn in the brakes. A day later she takes it another mile or so to the station for inspection and can't find the lock. Bummer!

I looked everywhere for the lock in the garage. I'm really hating lug locks at this point.

They found the lock at the station; it was still on the last wheel I tightened with the torque wrench!
(it wasn't stuck; it just stayed on somehow)

How it didn't fall off on the road during my aggressive (albeit short) test drive or my wife's drive to the station, I'll never know.

I'll never be in a hurry to put away my tools again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.