Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Dealing with Rudeness (jealousy)

25K views 163 replies 74 participants last post by  roadwarrior2012 
#1 · (Edited)
Lets face it, there are lots of rude/careless people in the world (and then plain ***holes).

I usually park out of the way (like the other end of the lot that's never used) but last winter some guy made a point of parking next to my car to slam his door open into it.

A few weeks ago, somebody put a good amount of effort into peeling the black paint off the fuel cap.

I decided to ask because yesterday a fellow challenger owner was telling how he came out of the store to find people sitting ON his car.

How do you guys handle something like that?

#2 ·
People are weird, that is a fact.
I am not sure its jealously most times, it's just @$$holes being @$$holes and I can sadly attest that they are everywhere. Many of them spend the greater part of their day looking for opportunities to be a bigger @$$hole than they were an hour before......

#3 · (Edited)
Some lady slammed the door of her SUV into my black Chally when i had it, i spent the next 3 months pursuing her insurance Co., even filed a complaint with the state insurance office. Wanted her to know i was not letting go. Got her name and address and everything.

I see people sitting on my car, i'm like

Hey! Hey! Not on the Car! (punk azzes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sec5dXbQzWI#t=113

#75 ·
Accidents "happen"...what the OP is talking about is blatant disregard for other people's property, or worse, premeditated vandalism...

...either way, such behavior should never be condoned or explained away with "sh(t happens"; that just makes the perpetrators believe they can act with impunity.

www.steelcurtainchallenger.com

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#16 ·
I'm intrigued by your use of the word 'rude'....

'Rude' is when someone addresses your 67 year old mother as 'hey lady'. 'Rude' is when the people at the next table talk too loud and carry on as though they are the only people in the restaurant.

A**hole is a far better term for someone who dicks with your car....

From the OPs story "vandals" is the most appropriate term.

#9 ·
The correct term for these people is criminals.
About all you can do in today's society is avoid them at all cost and take every opportunity you can to support any effort to deal with them. Don't vote for bleeding heart candidates that are soft on crime, etc.

#14 ·
LOL. Really. So....I'm curious. What would you do? Shoot someone? Stab someone over it? Get into a parking lot brawl, probably get your ass kicked and then sued? I'll tell you what you'd do. You'd walk away. That's what. Because this is America, and the laws support *******s because those making the laws ARE *******s.

OP, it sucks but as has already been said...people are going to be people. Anytime you have something that you bring out into the public doman, i.e. your car going to the store, you can expect people to be idiots. It's sad and shouldn't be that way, but it's true and it is. I'm sorry to hear someone messed with your car, but there's nothing you can do about it. Unless you got it on video, you can't even expect the law to do anything about it.

Jealousy has nothing to do with it. It's a Dodge. Dodge, Ford, Chevy, etc. don't incite jealousy in people. Now an Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc.? Yes, I'd say that's most likely your problem. What you are experiencing is simply an unfortunate case of *******itis. It should go away, but may be recurring depending on other people's moods.

#12 ·
No, it's what tbe gym's for.

#13 ·
Metallica had a classic album in the early 80's called ...Kill 'Em All. I pop that beautiful soundtrack of violence in my sony walkman, give the reebok's a few pumps, unsheathe my katana and wakizashi and go last samurai on their unfortunate a$$es. What else would you do? :alf:

Reactions: Sith R/T
#15 ·
You can always take some solace in knowing the type of person who would sit on your car or jack with it is the same person who is the first to get let go when lay offs happen, the guy who gets drunk and crashes his father's car into a cop car, the guy whose GF is fat and stupid and his first cousin, the guy who has already has his nose broken 4 times.....

#18 ·
I think most of it is not intentional. Most people view cars as a mode of transportation.....an appliance. Sitting on the hood of a car may be no different to them than leaning against your fridge or sitting on your dryer. Most people don't think/worry about small scratches, paint swirls, bird crap, brake pad dust, etc.

They probably would view our behavior as obsessive.

I admit and own up to my obsessive car disorder. That is why I leave my weapon at home when I drive the Challenger.

#26 ·
I think most of it is not intentional. Most people view cars as a mode of transportation.....an appliance. Sitting on the hood of a car may be no different to them than leaning against your fridge or sitting on your dryer. Most people don't think/worry about small scratches, paint swirls, bird crap, brake pad dust, etc. . .
.....^^^^^^^
..........This

Some people don't ever wash their cars. Those types don't realize that there are people like us who like to keep their car looking as new as possible and for as long as possible.

#19 · (Edited)
people are inconsiderate and simply disregard concerns that are not theres(selfish intentions)

"Who cares about my car...so why should I care about someone else's"

Its concerning but that is the America we live in.

Ive had mechanics at Firestone leave oil finger prints on the hood of my former car...unreal.
That particular car was white too

#20 ·
The problem was with the parenting, or lack there of.

Today, you need a license to do just about anything. Fishing, flying, plumbing, real estate, the list goes on and on.

But the one activity that doesn't require any license at all, leads to this very problem. Hell, the more incapable one is to raise a child and the more children one can churn out, the more money they'll receive!!

You want to curb the problem? Offer up free vasectomies with a cash incentive to every 14 year old in America. I would much rather my tax dollars go to that program vs the current ones.

#21 ·
I know there's not much anyone can do unless you're practically standing there as they do it, and then addressing them would turn it into an even bigger headache.

I think that's partially why dash cams are becoming so popular.

But, I believe there used to be a little of something called "human decency" that the world is now lacking.

#22 ·
When driving my 73' i have found the best approach is to actually park in the crowd. If i am going to the market it keeps shopping carts away from me, and haven't had a door ding yet. Now this could just be to the bright orange so they see it or because people dont want to damage an old car I don't know but in my town it seems to work

#27 ·
When Trump becomes president, have him build a "wall" around your challenger .

#28 ·
I will celebrate that event if it happens. I'd probably splurge on a Magnusson.

#29 ·
People are just rude. I have had my car door diged while sitting in it and the person was all "Whatever" so I calmly waited till they went into the store and caved in their driver door with my boot and went on my way. Probably not the right thing to do, but you never know who you are dealing with either.

#30 ·
Back when I was younger, I had a black Lebaron convertible. I came out of the mall and there was a woman with her keys and purse on the hood rooting through her purse. I walked up behind her, grabbed her purse and threw in across the parking lot. I told her my name and number and told her to have her husband call me because he needed to teach his old lady some manners.
My ex wife once threw a rock at my car when I was leaving during a fight. She missed, but I chased her up on the porch with the car.... Yeah I went to jail that night.... But well worth it, only thing is I don't think I can "legally" buy a firearm now. But I never bought one "legally" before. :D

#34 · (Edited)
Back when I was younger, I had a black Lebaron convertible. I came out of the mall and there was a woman with her keys and purse on the hood rooting through her purse. I walked up behind her, grabbed her purse and threw in across the parking lot. I told her my name and number and told her to have her husband call me because he needed to teach his old lady some manners.
You did that for a Lebaron??
:grin2:

#31 ·
I love my challenger, but no matter how much I baby it, every once in a while it gets hurt by a careless/rude person.

I usually park out of the way (like the other end of the lot that's never used) but last winter a guy in a pickup parked next to it and slammed his door open into it.

A few weeks ago, somebody put some effort into peeling the black paint off the fuel cap.

Just random strangers who feel like being ***holes.

I decided to ask because yesterday a fellow challenger owner was telling how he came out of the store to find people sitting around and ON his car.

How do you guys handle it, or do I just live in a rude little town?
I'm by no means a violent person, but if I came out of somewhere and saw strangers sitting on my car, I would walk up to them and begin staring at them very intently. If they did nothing, violence would quickly ensue.

I may not be able to take all of them, but at 6'8" and 280 lbs, I think I'll be able to make at least two of them wish they'd never been born before they beat me down.

#37 ·
After walking out of work earlier and being greeted by the shimmering beauty of my one true love (see attached pic), I have change my mind. If I were to find some weirdo sitting on her, he would not get the aforementioned hairy-eyeball-warning before being assaulted. No warning, no nothing. If he didn't possess enough grey mater to know that sitting on such a lovely work of art is going to end badly, I owe it to him to teach him a lesson by walking up to him and BITING HIS NOSE OFF!!!

Attachments

#33 ·
It could be worse...I had the prototypical "guy on the couch" while I was in college (no really, when he wasn't in county lock-up, he lived on my couch), and his favorite tactic when initiating a fight was to bite people's noses off...or at least as much of it as he could clamp down on and begin chewing.

<sarcasm>For the life of me, I don't know why he was always in the clink. </sarcasm>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.