Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Do You Hear The Voices Too?

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  soonercruiser 
#1 · (Edited)

#2 ·
The very first voice I heard that concerns the Challenger was when I went to test drive the SRT. The minute I heard that 392 start up, a voice from above clearly said to me; "Oh crap, I'm in trouble!" :wink3:

#4 ·
That was your inner 'danger' voice as you realized you just signed the papers and it was all yours but now you had to go home and explain it to your wife! :yikes:
I didn't sign papers that day or even order the car. But after already driving the SXT and the RT, (and also knowing that the Hellcat was clearly out of my price range) this was the first time I had even heard a 392. I knew at that point, if I was going to buy a Challenger, it had to had the 392 engine along with it's increased power! And the adaptive suspension of the SRT was the cherry on top of the cake for me. I even told my wife that once she also heard the 392 she'd also understand, which she did! She gets just as much of a kick out of driving the SRT as I do. :thumbsup:

#5 ·
I had an experience where I ignored that "little voice" TWICE, before responding.

I was going to a car show, early one Sunday morning, when this 1968 Camaro SS pulled up along side me on an empty expressway and revved me. I ignored the "little voice" and let him pass me. A little while later, I caught up to him and he revved me AGAIN. Being a mature and sensible guy, I declined once more.

About 10 minutes later, he appears along side of me and revs me for a THIRD time! I glance ahead and there is nothing on the highway for miles. I fnally give in to the "little voice" and raced him from a 65 mph roll. He hung with my SRT for about 2 seconds and then became a speck in my rear view mirror.

Three miles up ahead was a NJ State police radar trap. Luckily, by that time, I was only doing the speed limit.

That was the first and last time that I gave in to the "little voice."

#6 ·
I had an experience where I ignored that "little voice" TWICE, before responding.

I was going to a car show, early one Sunday morning, when this 1968 Camaro SS pulled up along side me on an empty expressway and revved me. I ignored the "little voice" and let him pass me. A little while later, I caught up to him and he revved me AGAIN. Being a mature and sensible guy, I declined once more.

About 10 minutes later, he appears along side of me and revs me for a THIRD time! I glance ahead and there is nothing on the highway for miles. I finally give in to the "little voice" and raced him from a 65 mph roll. He hung with my SRT for about 2 seconds and then became a speck in my rear view mirror.

Three miles up ahead was a NJ State police radar trap. Luckily, by that time, I was only doing the speed limit.

That was the first and last time that I gave in to the "little voice."
That's one little voice I also listen to all the time.

Down here in Virginia, you'll see police everywhere and they'll get you for even 5 mph over the speed limit especially if you're in a high profile car like the Challenger. I usually give her a little more gas just until I reach the speed limit. At least I get to hear the exhaust and feel a bit of above average acceleration that way. :thumbsup:

Reactions: PaVaSteeler
#10 · (Edited)
When we went looking for a 5.7 Crystal granite 6M Challenger we ended up test driving a white 5.7 auto. It didn't really knock my socks off, wasn't the color I was looking for and it was an auto. My wife suggested visiting the dealership that we bought her crew cab from a few months earlier. They had a bunch of 5.7's but none in Crystal granite. I was about to pull out of the lot when she spied a Crystal granite Challenger inside the showroom. So we went inside and saw that it was a 392 and she shock her head "NO" stating I didn't need a 485 hp car to drive to work. The salesperson suggest we test drive it while we were there and see what they could do for us. She agreed that we might as well drive it before we go home and start the Internet car search for a 5.7 6M. The salesperson and I were up front, wifey in the back seat. I started the 392 up and headed off the lot with a snappy 1-2-3 shift thru the gears when I heard a little voice in my head that said "this is the one, buy it". Turned out it was my wife whispering in my ear after prying herself out of the rear seat. It was her doing that put us in a Scat and I'm grateful for her persuasion every day. She new a 5.7 wasn't going to make me happy after driving a 6.4. This car has turned out to be the nicest, most exciting car we have every owned that puts a smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel. I no longer fear those voices I hear in my head.

Attachments

#12 ·
Ya..I hear it too. Demon voice, "Change the exhaust" Me, "No its straight thru now and sounds perfect." Demon voice, "Put a cold air intake on it" Me, "No, I took it apart, can't beat how MaMopar made it" Demon voice, "Take it to Arrington Performance" Me, "Ummmm...................☺

#14 ·
Im possessed by the voice.... rev me and its on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.