Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Do you wave?

10K views 98 replies 65 participants last post by  hemi1031 
#1 ·
When you see other Challenger drivers on the road? I seen a Hellcat today and waved, maybe he didn't see me or maybe he was curious at why I was waving but he didn't reply. Just wanted to see if you guys/gals do it also. :wave:

#2 ·
I usually wave or thumbs up to not only Challengers but many other cars I consider nice rides...

Reactions: SpeedShift
#4 ·
Navy Mech,
Thank you for your service.
I wave on a motorcycle as riders are openly visible and still some don't wave back. In the car I feel like drivers aren't as noticeable and other drivers are preoccupied with driving and all the other stuff they are doing and hopefully not texting. Keep on waving and enjoy the ride.

#7 ·
Wave

Are you from the Mid-West?? Just asking as they seem to be the only wavers. I have lived in Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, and the West coast. The only people I ever see wave at all are the people with Midwest plates. When I drive through Washington, Idaho, Utah, Montana, ETC going to see family in Nebraska its not normally until mid Wyoming that anyone waves back. I always told my Dad that was because when you drive for 2-3 hours without seeing another person you are just happy to know you are not alone on the planet anymore....LOL. Anyway that is just my twisted take.

Ron

#28 ·
Are you from the Mid-West?? Just asking as they seem to be the only wavers. I have lived in Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, and the West coast. The only people I ever see wave at all are the people with Midwest plates. When I drive through Washington, Idaho, Utah, Montana, ETC going to see family in Nebraska its not normally until mid Wyoming that anyone waves back. I always told my Dad that was because when you drive for 2-3 hours without seeing another person you are just happy to know you are not alone on the planet anymore....LOL. Anyway that is just my twisted take.

Ron
Grew up in Indiana but in Florida now. Was in a car club in Washington state years ago in a small town and everyone waved if you even had a slight modification to your car. Here in Jacksonville I would look like Forrest Gump waving to LT. Dan if I waved at all the muscle cars, hot rods etc... So I limit myself to safe waving when I can to Challenger owners. I just bought my first Challenger two weeks ago so maybe it's the love for this car and wanting to share the feeling with other owners that makes me feel obligated to throw a kind gesture their way.

#10 ·
I wave, but the majority of owners aren't on these forums, don't have the sense of community we do. They bought a cool car, and have just driven it since. We fuss over ours, discuss them ad nauseam :) I have had a few head nods, but I find that by the time they pass me waving, they just have blank stares on their faces, or quizzical "do I know this guy" looks. Oh well, I'll keep on waving. A Guy

#11 ·
Same old story... I wave but no response.

Signing off from somewhere in the Universe...

#12 ·
When I rode motorcycles I waved at other riders but didn't like it during the summer because you wind up spending more time waving than paying attention to the road. :icon_lol: Although the Harley guys just ignored me anyway, no respect for the British bikes I guess.

When I had my Jeep I waved at all the other Jeeps because I read that was a thing and I didn't want to be a dick.

I don't wave at Challengers, never considered that I was supposed to. The very few I've seen haven't either so maybe it's a Jersey thing not to?

I'm an extreme introvert by nature so waving at people I don't know has always made me uncomfortable anyway. :freak5:

#16 ·
I wave. I have about a 40% response rate.

They are pretty popular in San Antonio and I see tons of daily drivers that just bought the car because it's a car, they are the ones that don't get a wave. Having it covered in dirt or unkept is a good indicator that they don't deserve a wave.

Even if your SXT or Hellcat is stock, you can tell when the owner cares for it is just a vehicle to them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#22 ·
I get waves more often than not from the other Challengers in my area. One of my favorite things about ownership. I like the camaraderie. I've had folks drive beside me in the fast lane, which is so common I don't pay any mind to it, this particular little girl and her dad were there for a while so I looked over and they both gave me the 'thumbs up' and had great big smiles. Good feeling.

#24 ·
I never wave. It's a waste of time. Most people will not wave back. Guys on the forums are the cult car fanatics today and a lot of Challenger owners I run into don't even know about the forum.

#25 ·
I get more Mustang rev's then Challenger waves. I used to wave, no waves back, so I quit.

As mentioned before, too many Challenger drivers not associated with the culture.
Jeeps are big in the wave, when I ride with a friend, all the Jeep drivers wave at her and her at them- all of them.

#26 ·
I'll wave, but sometimes if the other driver has dark tint, its hard to tell.

I'll do flashes of the lights as well - probably a 50/50 chance.

On surface streets around here, we have the 'righteous' pedestrians that just walk right out in front of traffic, so you have to focus on that while driving.

There's a proposal to drop city street speed limits from 25mph to 20mph, except for arterial roads...so I'll be rolling in 3rd around in town then...(M6)

#29 · (Edited)
I always give a thumbs up to other Challengers, and any old muscle car or rod.

A lot of Vette owners give me a wave too, but as was stated earlier, here in the remote part of Missouri, folks generally wave or thumbs up pretty often.

Exceptions are Camaro and Stang owners...................they usually have the skunk eye look, or want to race.lol

#30 ·
I'm actually relieved seeing the responses. In Howard County Md (about halfway between Baltimore and D.C.) I don't see that many Challengers. My wave to the few I do see generally, results in a blank "who are you?" stare. Sheesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.