Dodge Challenger Forum banner

everybody loves my Charger(Challenger)???

5K views 46 replies 34 participants last post by  ChallengerVixen 
#1 ·
out of curiosity does anybody elses Challenger get referred to often as a Charger? I somehow do, even before I took off my grill badge.

Reactions: Briwood
#2 ·
All the time!!!, usually by folks who I would classify as about as far from "car guys" as one can get!

#4 · (Edited)
All the time!!!, usually by folks who I would classify as about as far from "car guys" as one can get!

Shoot I had a guy in a late 70's Nova comment that I had a "nice looking Charger"

#16 ·
Lol, wish i had a nickel for every time i've heard "Love your Camaro" ?

#5 ·
"Charger guys"

LOL, you'd think a 70's Nova guy would be a "car guy", oh well . . .

#6 ·
I get this all the time. Even from guys that claim to be car guys. I usually don't bother correcting them especially if I know it wouldn't do any good anyway. Car guys know what it is and when you start talking shop (specs) they understand what you are saying. The non-car folks just start going blank when you say 392 this or 6.4L that. I just say "it's fast and has 500HP". Then they say their ooo's and ahhh's and we all move on with our lives. Mustang owners are the worst sometimes though, because well Mustang owners don't know crap about much anyway. j/k lol

#7 ·
i usually get that from the macho im gonna impress girlfriend types that wouldnt know hemi if it ran them over.its like the hey is that a hellcat guy,,,just let it go

#9 ·
I get this all the time. Even from guys that claim to be car guys. I usually don't bother correcting them especially if I know it wouldn't do any good anyway. Car guys know what it is and when you start talking shop (specs) they understand what you are saying. The non-car folks just start going blank when you say 392 this or 6.4L that. I just say "it's fast and has 500HP". Then they say their ooo's and ahhh's and we all move on with our lives. Mustang owners are the worst sometimes though, because well Mustang owners don't know crap about much anyway. j/k lol
the funniest one though was when I was going for some lemonade and was gassing it in reverse into a parking spot and a guy not too much older then me stopped some old ladies to tell them there was a 440 under my hood.

#10 ·
You must have a nice sounding exhaust! I still get the "nice charger" once in a while, but at least the "nice mustang" and "nice camaro" comments have stopped. Now, I have a big "mopar" decal on the side and even the challenger folks just say "nice mopar."

#20 ·
....funny story actually in which I can kick myself very hard in my own arse, I found out yesterday that I am blind and realized the previous owner had removed the suitcase and replaced with regular mufflers, no idea which ones though, and removed the resonators for me lol, which would explain some of the drone when I'm cruising on the highway. its actually not bad at all so I might take it to have the mufflers removed to.

#11 ·
I have gotten "nice Camaro" several times and of course, "is that a Hellcat?" The other day a guy in a Kia said "nice Challenger". First time anybody called it by name. :thumbsup:

#12 ·
I just appreciate the fact that a lot of car hating people in beige Camry's still love the looks of my Challenger. I don't expect people who own generic transportation pods to know what us car nuts drive by name. They call it a Charger or a Camaro. I just return the thumbs up and tell them I love the car.

#15 ·
As I was walking back to my car the other day, a little kid says to his dad" wow look at that car!" And the dad goes "yeah, it's a mustang!"

I didn't say anything, but I thought it was pretty funny.

#17 ·
Have had it referred to as camaro, mustang, charger the best so far is "how much did it cost you to restore it":scratchhead:

#19 ·
been happening to owners since 2008...learn to shrug it off

#22 ·
it's pretty weird too considering how different the body styles are though, I can somewhat in the back of my mind understand being labeled Camaro, but don't get being called a Charger. 2 vs. 4 door

#24 ·
It's because of the media popularity of the old Dodge Charger. Dukes of hazard, Bullitt (which is the greatest car chase in history), great shots of old muscle in action, using dodge chargers. The body style and lines of that vehicle look just like our modern day challengers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#25 ·
When I had an '06 Charger Daytona, a buddy of mine who always refer to it as a Mustang.

I was over at his house this past spring, he looked out at the Challenger and said "Oh, you traded your Mustang for a Charger!"

:slap:

Don't get me wrong, I got nothin' but love for Chargers....but seriously...use your head

#26 ·
I usually just ignore people that say that or say "thanks" and move on. I used to say "The only charger I have is for my cell phone"

#29 ·
On a side note my neighbor (50 yr old woman) had a boyfriend with a Camaro, I sarcastically asked him if it had a "HEMI" he went on and talking to me, being polite, trying to educate me on cars, then I show'd him my '75 Charger that I did some work to and my wife's '06 Charger and then he laughed because he realized I was "toying" with him about the "HEMI".

#37 ·
The Challenger might be heavier, but it's so friggin comfortable.
The 485 HP more than makes up for it's portly weight.
I get the best of both worlds.......Great acceleration and comfort = plenty of Sh*t eating grins.

#38 · (Edited)
The 485 HP more than makes up for it's portly weight.
I get the best of both worlds.......Great acceleration and comfort = plenty of Sh*t eating grins.
Well, I have 305 horses so I don't accelerate as fast as you do, but it's not bad. And it IS comfortable... The driver's seat with the lumbar is amazing. Even the back seats are great. So much better than the Camaro.

I took my son out to a friend's pool in Huntington LI over the weekend. A couple of the older kids were drooling over the car while it was parked. They knew it was a challenger, one of them said it was his dream car :). There's hope for the younger generation yet. I was admiring it myself... It just stood out so much compared to all the other suvs and minivans the other parents had.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.