Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Foose 2009-2014 Challenger render

5K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  PsyopGoat 
#1 ·
Not sure if this has been posted yet.
I came across this on Chip Foose's Facebook page posted May 18th
Looks like he maybe working on a 2009-2014 Challenger.

See less See more
#4 ·
Here are two pictures of the foose challenger. Google images.:grin2:
I respect Chip Foose for his talent and his reputed charitable contributions, but I've got to say that some of his creations lack class if you ask me. That car is SO overdone. The way the yellow hood continues into the staccato side stripes looks so awful, and those gold wheels can only work on a 1970s era Ferrari Berlinetta Boxer, or the friggin' Bandit's Trans-Am. FAIL.

#5 ·
I'm personally not a fan of his designs

Reactions: RobF
#7 ·
My main gripe about Foose is his weird obsession with big wheels. I understand that it's a "popular" deal and all, but I honestly almost didn't buy my challenger and charger because of the 20" wheels. That's the MAX I'd be willing to go. Honestly I don't think it fits a retro look at all when they get any bigger than that. There have been a ton of designs he did that he did an awesome job on, and then (IMO) completely ruined it with big gawdy wheels.

#8 ·
Agreed re: the large wheels - and those gold rims are seriously fugly...

I'm also not a fan of how he usually removes the outer rear-view mirrors. Clearly, he's just looking to make the car show-worthy.

Having said that, I did enjoy Overhaulin' when it was on (it was one of my guilty pleasures when I was unemployed for a few months!) - I just wish he'd stick more to the original asthetics of the cars.

#10 ·
I've never seen a car of his that looked good at all to me. It seems like he's always making them two toned, with too big/awful wheels and badly done (IMHO) stripes. He's able to take some decent looking cars and ugly them up, and for some reason, people like them. There's one episode of "Overhaulin" where the victim, er person who had their car redone can be clearly seen mouthing, "Oh my god, those wheels!" when the car is brought out. I wondered how fast they went on Ebay...

#11 · (Edited)
I appreciate Chips skills but I am, mostly, unimpressed with his designs. They always seem to skirt the line of "pimped" in my opinion.

I feel the same way about Kounts Kustoms

#15 ·
I actually like the green/black one, except for the wheels. I don't care for the yellow one, nor do I remember that one at all from the show.

The thing to keep in mind is he isn't designing these for mass consumption. He's building them specifically for one person, and if that person loves it he's done his job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.