Dodge Challenger Forum banner

front strut brace

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  YLWJKT 
#1 ·
When installing on car I think car should be level. What is the correct way to level the car?
Jacking up one side with hand jack or jacking and placing blocks under front tire to bring car to level.
Might be a dumb question, sorry. Wondering about sprung and unsprung weight when leveling car.
Thanks. Everyone have a safe and happy holiday! smokersrt8

#3 ·
Yep I installed the Mopar bar ,, no problems just be carefull drilling ,, if you buy the Mopar one
I cover the top of the engine with and old towel to catch the shavings

#4 ·
The passenger side can be fun to drill without hitting the manifold or going in at an angle.
Do yourself a favor and buy a long 1/2" drill bit and cover the manifold with a towel.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Irwin-39108-2-Inch-18-Inch-Installer/dp/B00004YO6F/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464570506&sr=8-1&keywords=long+1%2F2%22+drill+bit[/ame]

#9 ·
now its been awhile since i put on my front brace but I'm thinking it was a 13/64 drill bit.if you are buying a new brace it will be in the instructions what drill bit size and torque specs.fyi petty's garage also sells nice front/rear strut braces

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.