Garage, Car Cover, or All-Weather? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 12:47 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to olskooljr
(Thread Starter)
Garage, Car Cover, or All-Weather?

Im wondering how most of us proud Challenger owners store our cars. Im sure most with a garage probably keep them inside. Me on the other hand, I have a one-car garage and it is currently occupied by my 1967 Camaro which im considering pushing to the backyard (because it needs to be repainted and motor is out being rebuilt) to make room for my Challenger. Meanwhile, my Challenger is stored under a Cover King all weatherproof car cover in my driveway. How is your car stored? I know plenty are garaged, but does anyone else use a cover and if so, what brand and how is the quality? Does anyone not care and leave car outside unprotected? Curious...

2010 Hemi Orange Dodge Challenger 5.7 Hemi
1967 RS Camaro 400 Small Block Chevy
1997 Ford Explorer V6 4.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 12:50 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Garage and car cover here.
#3 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 12:57 PM

(Thread Starter)
I dont mind a little rain, I guess. But I dont want snow on my car. Especially come time to shovel it off with the scraping against the finish and all.
#4 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 12:59 PM

Mainly all weather, I do have a mopar car cover but only use it when I clean it a day or so before I go some where; e.g. Car meet/family. If I had a garage I would keep it in there and do a lot more tinkering lol

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

I absolutely LOVE this site with all my heart

Last edited by Redstorm3265; 11-27-2012 at 12:59 PM.
#5 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 01:22 PM

I have the Mopar car cover and she sits outside under it. Technically, I am not storing my car for winter because I know there will be some nice sunny days were I might uncover her and take her for a ride. But usually during the week she is undercover and -- depends on the weather -- for the weekend.

I do not mind her sitting out in the elements, I just got lazy cleaning the draining areas were leaves and pine needles collect so I just got the Mopar car cover.

All my life I thought air was free, until I bought a bag of chips...

Last edited by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!; 11-27-2012 at 01:24 PM.
#6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 01:36 PM

Mine is a semi daily driver and it lives outdoors for now, however my wife and I are suddenly and unexpectedly new house shopping (A national chain pharmacy wants to buy up all the land on our block to put in a store) and one of the must haves on the list is a garage for the Challenger.

2010 Plum Crazy SRT8 with Manual Transmission-------

Mods list: K&N Typhoon CAI, Skip Shift Eliminator , Petty Strut Tower Brace, Diablo Predator 91CAI tune, License Plate backup camera with Lockpick V2, mini spare tire and adapter, Moroso Catch Can, some BT bling, 3rd brake pulser, Larry's mod Hurst shifter, coming soon Web Electric Sequential tail lights and LED under door lights
#7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 02:07 PM

Thanked 1,869 Times in 1,172 Posts
It's a daily driver so I don't have time for the car cover thing. And I've parked outside long enough that you always come back to 'surprises' such as bird poop, scratches from cat paws, leaves stuffed in your vents, water marks from sprinklers, and dings from inconsiderate neighbors. It was annoying with my previous cars, but I would've become sick with worry with a new black Challenger. Thankfully, while I live in an apartment I have my own 1-car garage and never park the car elsewhere unless I'm at a store or at work, which is stressful enough.
#8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 02:14 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
"FLTHRTL" stays in the cave year round !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P8120216.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	58187  
The Following User Says Thank You to 06ssmc For This Useful Post:
USRWDV8 (11-27-2012)
#9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 02:18 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! View Post
I have the Mopar car cover and she sits outside under it. Technically, I am not storing my car for winter because I know there will be some nice sunny days were I might uncover her and take her for a ride. But usually during the week she is undercover and -- depends on the weather -- for the weekend.

I do not mind her sitting out in the elements, I just got lazy cleaning the draining areas were leaves and pine needles collect so I just got the Mopar car cover.

Yea, I guess thats kinda like me. I know I'll want to take it out on those rare sunny days. Meanwhile, I'll store it outside undercover until the appropriate time.
#10 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 02:21 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by USRWDV8 View Post
It's a daily driver so I don't have time for the car cover thing. And I've parked outside long enough that you always come back to 'surprises' such as bird poop, scratches from cat paws, leaves stuffed in your vents, water marks from sprinklers, and dings from inconsiderate neighbors. It was annoying with my previous cars, but I would've become sick with worry with a new black Challenger. Thankfully, while I live in an apartment I have my own 1-car garage and never park the car elsewhere unless I'm at a store or at work, which is stressful enough.

Cat paws???? Lol!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode