Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Green with Envy vs. Sublime

51K views 114 replies 72 participants last post by  Sublime19 
#1 ·
Hi all,

After our Fall Meet and Cruise yesterday I went to my local dealer that had a 2015 Sublime SRT Challenger (Sunday so they were closed :) ) so that I could compare the colors. Attached are a few pics.

Here are my thoughts. I've wanted Sublime for a long time, pretty much since the Challenger came out. When GWE was announced it sounded like that was the closest we'd get to it so I purchased my SRT in July of 2011. I have loved it and everyone that drives around me does as well.

Well, when Sublime was announced for 2015 I was a little bummed. After all, that's what I originally wanted. After comparing the colors yesterday, I think GWE just has more dimension and depth to it. Plus in this instance I think my black rally stripes break it up a bit. On this 2015 it just seems like too much green for me. It needs that satin black hood or a stripe of some kind.

I'm still on the fence, but I think I like my GWE better. What do you guys think?

B5 (Dom)

See less See more
#31 ·
Sublime all day and twice on Sunday.

Reactions: smitman
#32 ·
Green With Envy is the nicer colour, IMO. But I wouldn't mind a Sublime too. :)

When GWE was released I was overseas, and by the time I got back, the only GWE R/Ts around for sale (very few at that) were automatics with sunroofs (no thanks). They're still rare as hens teeth in these parts. Is it because they didn't sell well, or is it because the corp just didn't have their $hit together on the high impact colours back then, and didn't market them better and keep the order window open long enough?

I hope they bring back GWE, but until they do, I may have to settle for a Sublime.

#34 ·
neither one is "better" or "worse" except in a subjective sense that only individual owners can identify...I like them both but for different reasons.
Right now many people are simply suffering from the "new flavor of the month" syndrome.

#35 ·
GWE reminds me of those Yenko Camaros. Great color. Should have offered white seats with it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#39 ·
I'd like to see the Lime with the strips your's has. However, I'm pretty sure I'd take the GWE. I've always loved that color. Back in 1971 Dodge called that color "Green Go" Plymouth called it "Sassy Grass". As others have said the GWE has more depth to it. I could live with GWE, not sure I could take Sublime over the long haul?

#40 ·
If you remember 2011 was when the automakers were having problems getting paint because of the tsunamis in china. So we were lucky to even get that color at all. 411 R/Ts 887 SR/T 8s 428 autos 459 manuals 1298 total. Well at least thats what I heard. The only way I will sell my GWE is if I get the Hellcat.

#43 ·
Sublime is a strong throw back to the 70's muscle cars and that why I like it. IMHO nothing worse than getting an special, unique muscle car like this and then getting it in white! GWE is nice, much more deeper colour, but for me sublime it is.

That said, if B5 blue were available right now.. it would be tough! Sublime with a shaker though.. now that is a combination!

#44 ·
When I see the sublime, all I can think about is the hulk. I like it. I still think my fav colour is the purple though.

However, having said that my personal colour choice for ownership is white/black/gray/silver any time I look at buying a vehicle. I love the purple on the challengers, it is my fav colour. Also, the sublime is awesome but for me I personally don't really like the added extra attention.

For me my tastes and choices don't always match up. Not sure I'm making much sense here haha. Let me put it this way.

Purple is my fav to look at, but I'm picking up my white 2014 RT 100th anniversary today! :)

#46 ·
GWE for the WIN!

I chose GWE for multiple reasons, one being it is very close in color to my Sassy Grass Green Road Runner.

#49 ·
It is true what has been said take it from someone who has been on a lot of car lots in the past two weeks. It is the beginning of the year and MOST of 2015s on lots are Sublime. It is NOT going to be rare as GWE. GWE is beautiful in person and draws lots of coments or atleast it did

#50 ·
Back in 2010 when I first discovered Challengertalk. I was looking through the Gallery and came across this pic.......

At the time I thought that was what sublime would look like and its part of the reason I changed up my stripes to white

I like both colors a lot. My previous Challenger was Hemi Orange. I loved that color. I like these high impact colors a lot. Honestly I think Detonator Yellow is my favorite color. Stinger Yellow is great too but I just don't like the stripes on the Yellow Jacket cars.

I really don't like my car looking like any other. If I had a sublime I would change it up to suit my tastes. So I've changed up my GWE to look like no other. I've made it mine and I'll be keeping it.

So speaking purely about colors I would chose GWE over Sublime. These are my favorite colors in this order.........

Detonator Yellow
Green With Envy
Hemi Orange
B5 Blue
TorRed
Sublime Green
Header Orange

I'll be paying off my GWE, keeping it, and waiting a few year to see if I can find a future Hellcat in yellow.

To those who have Sublime.....Congrats, Its a stunning color. Own it proudly....... :5:

Reactions: Goherd14
#51 ·
Sublime 100%

retro color. nuff said. Glad I was able to get it

#52 · (Edited)
Clear black is the most sinister color (or lack of color). A girl who knows nothing about cars, saw mine, and said, "You have an angry looking car." Made my day. High impact looks great, but if you want to look mean (green ain't mean) it has to be black. :) it helps to have the lower grill frowning instead of smiling.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#53 ·
I looked at a 2015 Scat in sublime about a month ago. Was at the dealership to pick up a part for my SRT. It looks FAR better in person.
A lot of folks here encouraged me to buy it, but I had just gotten my 2010 SRT8 and would have had to tack on another 20 grand in debt, so declined.
I'm second guessing myself now...that sublime just looks SO good...I have not seen a GWE in person, but it looks fantastic in the pictures!

#54 ·
I love GWE, I have a sublime scat pack on order. One thing this picture shows me is that I will never ever park my sublime car next to a GWE car! The GWE really makes the yellow base on the sublime stand out, It would look much better next to a black car. The other thing is sublime seems so hard to photograph it looks so different in photos than in person you can never tell if the picture you are viewing accurately portrays what you are seeing in person. The GWE has such great highlights and metallic, the sublime color has it also but you need to be right on top of it to see those details.

#56 ·
I love GWE, I have a sublime scat pack on order. One thing this picture shows me is that I will never ever park my sublime car next to a GWE car! The GWE really makes the yellow base on the sublime stand out, It would look much better next to a black car. The GWE has such great highlights and metallic, the sublime color has it also but you need to be right on top of it to see those details.
Funny you mentioned this. The other day my wife and I were running some errands. We pulled into one of the local Walmart parking lots and way out away from the store sat a sublime SXT Challenger. We pulled up next to it to check it out. I couldn't believe my wife's reaction. She did not like the sublime at all. I figured she would like it.

As we were looking at the two cars several other people came along and started commenting about the two colors. I heard nothing but rave reviews on my GWE. There was a mixed bag on the Sublime....some liked it others hated it. One gentleman told me I should trade my car for one like that other one (color). He was thinking I owned the sublime car. I just laughed and told him mine WAS the other one. Like I said before I'll be keeping my GWE..... :5:

My garage............... http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/garage/1882

#55 ·
i looked at Sublime, cool, but end the day looks to be a color that would get old, looks cartoonish, and attracts to much attention for me.

Prefer the green with the more flake in like the older color.

Same goes for the B5 blue, I liked it, but was really looking for a little more pop.

#59 · (Edited)
Digging that cartoonish Sublime

I always preferred Sassy Grass over Sublime, but I am really liking the new Sublime with the metallic in it. I agree if you want to avoid attention, then Sublime is not the color for you.

As for cartoonish, I take that as a compliment to Sublime. Certainly consistent with what Mopar was going for when they first introduced the high impact colors...

Attachments

#57 ·
I'd go with the Sublime because it's one of the 3 classic Challenger colors the other 2 being Plumb Crazy and Orange.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.