Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Green Go Release?

17K views 60 replies 21 participants last post by  dvortv 
#1 ·
Dealer left us a message saying they are not seeing the release of Green Go. Is there any report on the release date?

#2 ·
Wow, I didn't know that, I wonder (pure speculation mind you) if there is a delay in Green Go because of the 38 day delay with Yellow Jacket Yellow? Like they need to fill the Yellow orders before they start the Green Go? Brampton can only do 13 colors a year due to the paint supply capacity of the plant paint shop.

#5 ·
Darker shade that Sublime Green - don't know whether this has pearl in paint (Sublime did for '07 Charger and for the '15 version as well). Once someone can see one of these in the metal, then we'll know...

Similar to the '70 Sublime Green / Lime Light vs. '71 Green Go /Sassy Grass - the former is lighter than the latter color.

Reactions: FFGREG
#12 ·
Very cool. I'm looking to order on as well and trade in my Sublime R/T. Enjoy!

#9 ·
First shot of a production Green Go at Brampton so they should be rolling out now, too bad the plant will be shutting down tomorrow for 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

#11 ·
OMG! I can't believe a brand new car is sitting outside at the factory! No way I'd pay full price for that!

Please note the sarcasm...

#13 ·
My dealer has Green Go Charger in Stock. Going to try to stop by tomorrow to see the color in the flesh. They did say that they won't receive GreenGo Challengers until middle of January.

Reactions: Slidd
#14 ·
My dealer has Green Go Charger in Stock. Going to try to stop by tomorrow to see the color in the flesh. They did say that they won't receive Green Go Challengers until middle of January.
Well.......did you get pictures? Does it have metal flake? Is the color as rich as the promo photos show it to be? We are having a hard time deciding on letting our Envy Green R\T one go. Its the wifes car and she wants a new one...BUT.....it has to be green and metal flake.

Our local dealer grabbed a Green Go (I believe) SXT that was about ready to ship just so we can verify the color before placing our order.

#30 ·
HalH, Go Mango has pearl in it as well. Titanium dioxide is used to add opacity, whiteness, and UV protection in virtually everything from paints, toothpaste, paper, food, plastics, etc. It's a very effective, but major contributor to the cost of producing white pigmented products.

#31 ·
Added it only the list- I pulled those past colors from memory (even though I have Challenger brochures from '09 through '16 on hand.

Yes titanium dioxide is also used in "light" mayonnaise to give it color and body...weird.

What's interesting is with Xirillac, is coating it with fewer or more layers or adding iron pigments gives this compound all the characteristics it does for appearance.

One of the colors that really shows this is Octane Red - it direct bright sun, the pearl highlights "pop" in this paint - looks like a custom aftermarket paint.

Redline Red tricoat is another - a clean car in bright sun, this color looks stunning.

#35 ·
Being hard to keep clean is the penance you pay for having a shiny as h e double hockeysticks, black car! I feel you, but when it's clean, oh man :D

A Guy

Reactions: pinefd
#36 ·
This pic is from the plant parking lot, shows both the new Green and yellow. Borrows from one of the many fb pages around.

Attachments

#38 ·
Ordered Green Go T/A on December 5th, now the wait. Wait for the car, wait for the snow to melt, waiting for spring. Wolffy in MN.

#39 ·
Saw this pic posted elsewhere, but I thought I'd share it for a comparison of Green Go with Sublime. I wish there was more of it to see, but Sublime looks like this color 20 years from now after sitting in the Arizona sun.
I like sublime, but this just looks sharper IMO.

Attachments

Reactions: SPP R/T
#40 ·
Note that the spoiler vs. the rear bumper on the Sublime - that's the effect that Sublime Green has due to the pearl compound (either flash or daylight hitting it).

But like the original Sublime / Lime Light vs. Green-Go / Sassy Grass green - the Sublime was lighter, more pastel compared to the deeper saturated color of Green Go.

I could see from the early press release images and the Charger in Brampton's lot that Green Go was going to be a darker color. That image of the '15 vs. '17 proved it out.

Reactions: SPP R/T
#41 ·
Does anyone have any Green Go besides the Charger Hellcat at Brampton, and the SRT 392 at Brampton?

USPonycar, is that a genuine 17 Green go car? I havent seen any besides the two mentioned above and the T/As Dodge brought to Woodward and the T/As on Dodge's website.

It would be nice if Dodge would update the website once and awhile. Still cant pick Green Go when using the build and price tool.

Does anyone have any idea if Green Go is supposed to look like the original Green Go? I'm attaching a picture from Graveyard cars that shows a Cuda and a Challenger painted Sassy Grass/Green go with a sublime/limelight car in the backround, really illustrates the differences between the two. I think the Sassy Grass and Green Go look awesome in this picture so hopefully the new version is close to the original.

Does anyone know if Green Go will be available until at least the end of the 17 model year? Am I correct in assuming Green Go replaced Yellow Jacket and ordering for YJ is now closed? Sort of related but is Go Mango supposed to run at least the whole 17 model year?

Just wish Dodge would give us some good images of all the new colors and some info instead of leaving everyone in the dark.

Attachments

#42 ·
I'm not sure where the pic I attached was taken, but it was billed as a comparison of Green Go with Sublime, so I would think it must have been taken at a dealer's service area. My understanding is Green Go is NOT supposed to go for more than a few months or so. I hate the way Dodge offers colors that the average person doesn't even know exist. They would probably sell double or triple the amount of cars in a color such as this one if it was marketed differently. For buyers like myself that like atypical colors, AFAIC, the lower the number produced the better!:wink3:

#48 ·
Green Go looks great with black graphics - gives a good contrast (like we saw on those pre-production T/A models on the show circuit)

I like this shade of green much better than Sublime

#47 ·
The different shades of the color in the pictures look great to me. It seems like when in bright light, it looks like Sublime looks at night (which I love, Sublime in bright sun is a little too washed out looking for my taste), but in darker lighting, it looks much darker (which I also love)!

Now my JB status TA just needs to get finished!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.