Headrest removal? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 01:36 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Headrest removal?

I want to temporarily remove the front passenger seat headrest from my 2010 Challenger SRT8 for cleaning. There is a button at the base of the headrest's vertical rod (the one closest to the center of the car). Pushing that in allows the headrest to be lifted up or down, but does not allow its removal. How can I remove the headrest? Thank you!

Copecabra
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2010, 02:37 PM

I took mine off last summer to remove the seat belt loops and if I remember correctly it is that button you are talking about. Should just push it and lift on the headrest.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:48 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Originally Posted by Speardog View Post
I took mine off last summer to remove the seat belt loops and if I remember correctly it is that button you are talking about. Should just push it and lift on the headrest.

What he said.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:34 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Originally Posted by Copecabra View Post
I want to temporarily remove the front passenger seat headrest from my 2010 Challenger SRT8 for cleaning. There is a button at the base of the headrest's vertical rod (the one closest to the center of the car). Pushing that in allows the headrest to be lifted up or down, but does not allow its removal. How can I remove the headrest? Thank you!

Copecabra
There's another smaller button opposite of the push button that raises and lowers the headrest. Raise it up all the way, push both buttons in and it will lift out.

Mike
Solo Performance Cat Back Exhaust
Mr Norms Hood Pins
Bully Cold Air Intake
3G Customz covers - body color
Body color calipers

Old 02-21-2010, 09:44 PM

Headrest Removal

Hello, Speardog; thanks for getting back to me. I also undid the seat belt from the plastic loop, but no matter how hard I pull up on the headrest (while pushing in the button), I couldn't actually remove the headrest. Did you experience any difficulties and, if so, how did you get the headrest all the way off? Thanks.

Copecabra

[Speardog;476366]I took mine off last summer to remove the seat belt loops and if I remember correctly it is that button you are talking about. Should just push it and lift on the headrest.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:03 PM

Mike; u da man! Your tip solved my puzzle. The 2nd button you mention is located at the base of the 2nd headrest post (the one toward the outside of the car). I appreciate your help.

Copecabra

[Walaby;476462]There's another smaller button opposite of the push button that raises and lowers the headrest. Raise it up all the way, push both buttons in and it will lift out.

Mike
Old 02-21-2010, 10:07 PM

Mike43lake; thanks for yopur reply!

Copecabra

[mike43lake;476377]What he said.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.