HellCat Challenger vs Corvette C7 StingRay ? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 10:12 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
HellCat Challenger vs Corvette C7 StingRay ?

Hey, I know this sounds a bit weired since these two cars are pertty different!! Apples vs oranges but yeah whatever!

Soo I am a 20 year old and I still have probably an year more before these two cars are released!! So hopefully I will be in a state to get one of them!
I have been a Challenger lover since forever! I just love the way it looks, though slowest of all three( camaro, ustang) its still the best looking!

I recently saw the corvette C7 and damn thats one heck of a sexy car!
a 450hp V8 for about 50K$-54k$ is heck awesome!! I currently drive a Jeep Srt8 (So yes, I can handle a high Hp car I have driven tons of exotics).

So what do you guys think ? what will be faster ? The Base C7 Vette or the HellCat ( if it is to be produced).

PLus what do you guys think will be the price for the hellCat ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 10:16 AM

#3 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 10:20 AM

(Thread Starter)

This configuration made me orgasm!
#4 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabiannight975
So what do you guys think ? what will be faster ? The Base C7 Vette or the HellCat ( if it is to be produced).
There is no 'if' it will be produced more like 'when' it is produced.

Hands down the Hellcat. The 392 and the base C6 are even.

All my life I thought air was free, until I bought a bag of chips...
#5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The Hell Cat is supposed to have about 600HP vs the Vettes 450....150hp will be more than enough to make up for the roughly 800 pounds difference so the Hell Cat should have no problem walking the Vette in the quarter.....top speed may be a different story due to areodynamics..
#6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 12:14 PM

Base Corvette is said to be able to hit 0-60 in less than 4 sec. I am guessing the Hellcat will be right there too. In straight line, it will be close. If there is a curve anywhere, C7 all the way. As a side note, I've seen it in person. I think it looks terrible with the black wheels they are showing it with. The interior is awesome as is the overall shape. The rear end and vents everywhere are a bit much IMO. I love it in pictures, but not as much when I actually saw it.
#7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 12:23 PM

I'm jelous! When I was 20 I had a VW Bug - It did have wide wheels on though
I think I'd go with the Corvette mainly for looks and chick factor
#8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 12:58 PM

I think at 20 I had just sold off my 1985.5 Porsche 944 and bought a 1986 Fiero GT. What a downgrade that ended up being, but it looked and sounded great! LOL Mind you this was 2005.
#9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 02:28 PM

Here is some bench racing based on cars weight and estimated RWHP. Typically HP lose to the rear wheels is about 15% with a manual transmission.

2014 Challenger SRT Curb Weight 4160lbs Est. 504 RWHP
2014 Corvette Stingray Curb Weight not announced yet, Est. based on 2013 Corvette Weight of 3355lbs, Stingray is suppose to be 99lbs lighter. Est. 398 RWHP

So 1/4 mile

2014 Dodge Challenger Hellcat - 11.7
2014 Corvette Stingray - 11.8

So it really would come down to a drivers race. :-)
#10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 02:32 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! View Post
There is no 'if' it will be produced more like 'when' it is produced.

Hands down the Hellcat. The 392 and the base C6 are even.
But I guess the weight might be a big issue considering Challenger is a very heavy car compared to the vette!
Plus the C7 has the 7 Speed manual with Rev Matching shifts ! SO i guess that would add to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCHARGER View Post
The Hell Cat is supposed to have about 600HP vs the Vettes 450....150hp will be more than enough to make up for the roughly 800 pounds difference so the Hell Cat should have no problem walking the Vette in the quarter.....top speed may be a different story due to areodynamics..
Supposed my freind............Supposed and the actual is a huge difference!
I remember people saying the 392 will be producing somewhere around 500+ hp and what did we end up with ? 470 hp , that was a huge dissapointment for me to be honest! And I don't really like the fact that Challenger is always the last one to get an upgrade, I mean comon look at the Zl-1 absolute gorgeous ride with 580 Hp. The Mustang though great engine and all but they should really look into its design, its getting just too repetative like Porsche !

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthChallenger View Post
Base Corvette is said to be able to hit 0-60 in less than 4 sec. I am guessing the Hellcat will be right there too. In straight line, it will be close. If there is a curve anywhere, C7 all the way. As a side note, I've seen it in person. I think it looks terrible with the black wheels they are showing it with. The interior is awesome as is the overall shape. The rear end and vents everywhere are a bit much IMO. I love it in pictures, but not as much when I actually saw it.
Ohh well since I am in Saudi Arabia, there is a long time till I get to see it in person! but I hope it looks good!
In pictures it looks just fantastic, specially the black on black ! aghh!!
The issue with Challengers here in Saudi is that you get pre-ordered cars , so it leaves little selection for you!
Plus none of the challengers here get the IE edition Rims that are available on all challenger Srt's in USA or elsewhere!
We still get the same rims the older challenger srt had! So thats a big dissapointment! Plus the price difference is just humangous! Just to give you an example The Jeep SRT8 (2012) here costs 290,000 riyals thats about (78,000$).

The Challenger SRT8 is 55000$. So its kinda huge compared to what you guys get I believe accoridng to the Dodge website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleech View Post
I'm jelous! When I was 20 I had a VW Bug - It did have wide wheels on though
I think I'd go with the Corvette mainly for looks and chick factor
Haha well I work + study! I get just 30 mins free time in my entire day! So its not really easy, I am hoping to be done with atleast my degree by the end of this year!

I am leaning towards Corvette too cuz I am pretty damn sure that HellCat won't be 600+ HP. Its going to be 550+ ! but less then 600 for sure and it will still be slower then the vette! Even though Challengers are the sexiest cars on the road, I don't want something that handles like a brick at high speeds, I already have a brick ! lol
Though I will miss the AWD launches on the GCSRT8 but well, you lose something you gain something!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode