Dodge Challenger Forum banner

High Impact Colors

28K views 124 replies 59 participants last post by  RickBlue 
#1 · (Edited)
The latest issue of Muscle Car Review has an article on the vintage high impact colored Muscle Cars of the late 60's/ early 70's. One of things they point out is the lack of personality of today's car colors out on the road with the exception of some of the modern Muscle Cars.

With the introduction of Sublime for the 2015s, I thought it would be great to have a thread where you could post some pics of your High Impact Challengers e.g. : Hemi Orange, Sublime, Detonator Yellow, Furious Fuchsia, Header Orange, Green with Envy, Stinger Yellow, Toxic Orange, and of corse Plum Crazy Pearl. I'll start with my Hemi Orange '13 R/T.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
My 09 TorRed...interesting note...the classic Hemi Orange and TorRed were actually the same color

Reactions: 19johned53
#11 ·
My 09 TorRed...interesting note...the classic Hemi Orange and TorRed were actually the same color.

Im not sure this is correct with the new torred as it is nothing like the original hemi orange?Back in the 70s they used the name torred on plymouth's and hemi orange on dodges and it was the same color but i think they just brought the name torred back with a red color?

#8 ·
The latest issue of Muscle Car Review has an article on the vintage high impact colored Muscle Cars of the late 60's/ early 70's. One of things they point out is the lack of personality of today's cars out on the road with the exception of some of the modern Muscle Cars.

With the introduction of Sublime for the 2015s, I thought it would be great to have a thread where you could post some pics of your High Impact Challengers e.g. : Hemi Orange, Sublime, Detonator Yellow, Furious Fuchsia, Header Orange, Green with Envy, Stinger Yellow, Toxic Orange, and of corse Plum Crazy Pearl. I'll start with my Hemi Orange '13 R/T.
You forgot B5:frown:

#15 ·
Back in early 2005, on the first day of the Press Release for the Charger Daytona cars, I saw the Top Banana Charger, and KNEW I had to have one. I bought mine in January 2006...it was such a loud, almost obnoxious, color on a huge tank of a car that made enviromentalists cry into their Free Trade Gleuten Free Double-Mocha-Soy-Lattes.

One year later, I saw the only car that ever made me re-think my choice...a Sublime Daytona.

Over the years, I waited for Sublime to make a comeback to either the Charger, or the Challenger. I almost pulled the trigger on a GWE Challenger in 2010. In 2013, I almost pulled it again on a Plum Crazy Charger...but waited.

And now, Sublime is back, on a Challenger, and I'm picking mine up tonight!

#17 ·
Here's my new 2014 TorRed Shaker. My Furious Fuchsia, and Hemi orange that I traded, all my vehicles are High ImPact Colors ! And the Flame Red Ram 1500 4x 4.

Attachments

#20 · (Edited)
Several of these were never H.I.P. colors, I think you may be confusing HIP colors for limited release/build colors though some are/were also HIP colors. PCP, Hemi O, DY, SY, GWE, and now SL cars were only built in R/T or SRT which make them limited as you will never see and SE or SXT in these colors, some call them the "SE deleted" colors.

#25 · (Edited)
No confusion, notice I didn't include B5 etc. If you're only comparing vintage colors we would have to include TorRed but since it's no longer the same as Hemi Orange, I didn't include it because it's really just Red now. You can't say Header Orange and Green With Envy aren't H.I.P colors, even if they weren't around in 1970 and you could get Header Orange on the new Dart.

#29 ·
Man, I'd snag that 2014 shaker down towards the end of the line. Great deals on leftover '14s right now. I also personally don't like the 2015 front bumper and dash as much as the previous cars. That's a whole other thread though. They're all great.

#32 · (Edited)
My Stinger Yellow R/T Classic.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.