Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Hill Start Assist....what a pain in the A.. , can it be unplugged or disabled?

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Slosh 
#1 ·
Okay...I got a steep driveway that leads into my garage. I'm finding that the Hill Start Assist is a real PAIN in the A..!! (And no, I can't just charge up the driveway 'cause I got one of those 45* curbs to negotiate).

What the hill start assist does is momentarily bog down the motor and put unecessary wear on the clutch. It's frustrating and I hate it. Is there an easy way to disable that silly hill start assist?

Thanks.

#2 ·
hil start

Go through the evic and turn it off...
Okay...I got a steep driveway that leads into my garage. I'm finding that the Hill Start Assist is a real PAIN in the A..!! (And no, I can't just charge up the driveway 'cause I got one of those 45* curbs to negotiate).

What the hill start assist does is momentarily bog down the motor and put unecessary wear on the clutch. It's frustrating and I hate it. Is there an easy way to disable that silly hill start assist?

Thanks.

#7 ·
Okay...I was just getting ready to go into the garage to disable the Hill Start Assist and now I read about a "skip shift" program. What the heck is that, and how do I get rid of that too.....

I don't have the owners manual and I know I may be asking some apparently easy questions.

Thanks.

#8 ·
I usually don't gripe but why don't people buying these high-tech Challengers read the owners manual? Just about all the information you need is in there....and I know for a fact that turning off the hill assist is in the manual. Look in the index and you'll see it. Reading the owners manual will open your eyes to many features.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.