Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Holy Crap, I did it. 100th Anniversary Challenger!

4K views 28 replies 25 participants last post by  JoePistone 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, a couple of weeks ago I posted here about trying to make the decision on a 2014 HO Red 100th Anniversary Challenger R/T. Got some good advice and...

I did it today. And I freakin' LOVE this CAR!

I had considered the 2015 but, in my opinion, the 2014 in the high octane red and anniversary wheels beat the look, hands down (no offense to 2015 owners!). I was even surprised at how much I liked the 2014 interior with the "SRT" steering wheel, which I believe makes a big difference on the feel of the interior. The leather and great seats didn't hurt either. I got the black and red seats which I think look fantastic.

Driving this car is awesome. The power, the engine sound...everything

The dealer was pretty good with a couple of minor issues. First being that the car was outside and had to be "detailed" before I took delivery on it. It took them FOREVER and they did a completely crap job: Streaks on the body, dirty inside the back window, scuffs on the speaker grill in the door, and smudges and streaks on the dash. Not a huge deal but I'm probably going to go back and have them do it right. This is a brand new car after all.

Got a pretty decent deal although probably not as good as it could have been.

I also wanted Nav but it didn't have it (it has pretty much everything else) but I'll live. I have an iPhone after all.

And I can't figure out how to get daytime running lights to work automatically...

Here are a couple of pictures that don't do the car justice! Just some quick snaps with the phone.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Gratz. I love that color on that car. Just some friendly advice, forget going back to dealer for "detailing". They will put all sorts of chemicals and nasty crap on it that will ultimately look like s--t. That and the fact the guys doing it couldn't give a crap. Do it yourself. Get acquainted with your new ride.

DRL is a service operation on the 14 and most of the dealers will look at you like you have three heads when you ask them to turn them on.

#4 ·
"And I can't figure out how to get daytime running lights to work automatically." They don't! You have to ask the dealership to turn that "safety feature" on. There is a thread or 3 on here about this for 2014 cars. The usual programming is different for them. Make sure you ask the dealer to do it when you are doing some other business with them , like an oil change, buying some splash guards, etc. They should NOT charge you to do it. Use the term "safety feature", because you feel it will make your car more visible.

Congrats on the new rig! Make sure you read the Hint/Tips/Tricks in the General Threads section.You will learn a LOT about your car. Also Google Top Challenger Tips for more good stuff.

Wait until your car hits 3750 miles and the VVT is unlocked. Search thet term here, too. That and #2 Fuse Pull.

Have fun and PUNCH IT!

Reactions: cardinalsftball
#5 ·
Agree with plmczy; don't take it back to the dealer for detailing. They'll have an 18-yr old with an orbital buffer grind off your clearcoat. DIY and you'll love the results.
Great looking car - ENJOY !

Reactions: PSM450
#8 ·
Beautiful. Sounds like the detailers dont care. Sooo like others said, do it right yourself. There's a lot of satisfaction in making these cars shine

#10 ·
Congratulations, hope you still love it 5 years from now. High Octane Red is a great color, enjoy all the compiments you'll get. The navigation is just ok but you can easily live without it.

#11 ·
Agreed detail it yourself, time to put together a kit with all the essentials to keep your car in top shape. When I take my car in for oil changes I never let them even wash it. I wash and wax my car every 2 weeks and always whipe it down after a drive especially if any bugs splatter on it to keep the paint perfect.

#13 ·
That is a great color.... know a guy here locally that has one. On the detailing side... if you don't want to do it yourself just do some searches on the Internet... I am sure there are some great detailers in your area. Every Spring I have a detailer come to where I work and he details it in the parking lot. Great guy and loves his job and cars and does a great job.

#14 ·
Sweet dude. Cross streets? I'm at 75th Ave and Peoria.

#17 ·
Well, a couple of weeks ago I posted here about trying to make the decision on a 2014 HO Red 100th Anniversary Challenger R/T. Got some good advice and...
Awesome color!

#24 ·
Congrats! You'll love it, the color really comes into its own once you give it a good wax, and it's insane how many different colors it bring out in different lighting. I never thought I'd buy a red car but it truly is something else. And agreed on the SRT wheel, it sold me on the car as well. Sounds crazy for that to be the tipping point, but hey, it's where your hand(s) are most of the time...

#25 ·
hey... congrats on the car. she's a beauty, to be sure!! :)

If you haven't noticed already, you will soon: the odometers in these Challengers seem to be errant. to wit: you'll find an excuse (down to the corner store for ciggies|pop|coffee|gas|whatever) to take a short 5-minute trip, but by the time you actually pull back into your driveway, there'll be 50 more miles on the odometer!

I don't know if I'm the worst offender, but one Saturday night (into Sunday early morning), I put over 250 miles on my Challenger, and I never left the city limits.

anyway.. enjoy your new ride, and take plenty of pictures. :)

#26 ·
Good choice I love the anniversary edition. They loved it at the nationals. It looks retro with these mods.

Attachments

#27 ·
briand: It's funny you say that about the odometer. I'm pretty sure someone is driving this car while I'm asleep because there is no way I've put all those miles on!

Thanks again for the compliments and tips so far! I'm day 5 in this car now and I keep finding excuses to go into the garage to look at it. Also, my wife says "we're out of milk" and I'm like "I'll go to the store now!"

I'm already wondering how I can squeeze a few more HP out of this car without affecting reliability. I'm hooked!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.