Dodge Challenger Forum banner

This is horrible .... some people just can't handle their cars

42K views 302 replies 84 participants last post by  Trimec 
#1 ·
Supposedly this guy had just left the dealer with his new hellcat.... and this picture was sent to the news station shortly after

[/URL][/IMG]

See less See more
#9 ·
Hopefully the car protected this driver. I guess he had more cash than driving ability.
As I said in the past, a few of these cars get trashed and the insurance industry will re-rate them and it will cost a bit more to insure.

#10 ·
I'm thinking it got through QC like that!:wink3:

Reactions: Mr Pang
#11 ·
More dollars than sense. What a waste.

#12 ·
Already being discussed here.

#13 ·
just because you have the $$, does not mean you are not a dumb ass behind the wheel of any car.

Reactions: PSM450
#151 ·
Well said, another growing problem out there now is that aftermarket superchargers are being bolted onto pickups, suv's, and other vehicles with nowhere near the braking and handling capabilities that this hot rod has. What is needed is a way to keep all that power away from the inexperienced drivers that may have access to those vehicles! You can bet that some are going to get in the wrong hands, ending with bad results for them and the innocent drivers around them. Got a fix for that...............

HOT ROD ON

#15 ·
Too much money, no skills, no self-control, no sympathy.

#16 ·
Says right in the owners manual not to drive it under 35 degrees. Doesn't it freeze at night in Denver after dark?

#17 ·
If it had the three season tires on it, I can tell you this is definitely not one of those three in Colorado! Take slippery tires and a whole lotta HP and........the pic tells all.:nono:

#20 ·
707 hp kicked in yo!

Really?...there's a temperature guidance in the owner's manual for these cars? That's a new revelation to me for the day!

#22 ·
Yes, I get that. I'm just saying that is certainly an unfamiliar experience for me to look for a temperature guidance in an owners manual. ;)

#25 ·
Sorry folks, if a person spends that type of money, has 700HP on tap, and doesn't know what type of tires are on the car, more less what they are rated for............................................................................

You can't fix stupid.

Headline in the papers should be: Stupid is alive and well, this time.

Not much to argue about.

#29 ·
Tires or not, some people just jump into whatever car/bike etc., and open it up virtually right out of the show room, without even getting a feel for how the vehicle performs or handles under different conditions.
I think, in this particular case, the driver was most likely showing off to his buddy what the car can do, and learned very quickly the hard way, what it can't!

#31 ·
Most dangerous words to say in a car, "watch this..."

Those words are on a lot of c**kpit voice recorders............at the end of the tape usually.

#32 ·
This forum board still hates airplanes!

#35 ·
From the pic, it looks like a squared-up head-on, right? Something very large, and generally immovable. A concrete wall would fit that description, but seems like the compaction would be even worse if it were actually an immovable wall. Besides, how do you get into a head-on position with a "wall" on a highway?

If another car, couldn't have been a small one, given that degree of compaction, imo. Maybe it was an actual head-to-head collision with a truck?

#36 ·
Besides, how do you get into a head-on position with a "wall" on a highway?
Same way Michael McDowell did a few years back. One of the hardest hits you will ever see in Nascar and would have been fatal back in the day.

2008 Texas Qualifying

Michael Mcdowell

http://youtu.be/8iQFoRoaKfs

#37 ·
Point taken, but still seems unlikely on a regular hwy "circuit"...no big oval, no long span of wall to be a target. Plus there is a whole lot of "other" damage occurring in the incident in the video, than what we can see in the pic.

#38 ·
The solid, double-yellow divider line in the pic could be another hint to this...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.