How do you tow the challenger? (moved) - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

General Challenger Discussion This section contains general discussion about the Dodge Challenger. If it does not fit into a more specific area, it probably belongs in here. (Dodge Challenger General Discussion)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 10:38 AM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How do you tow the challenger? (moved)

The owners manual is not clear. My Dealer and some others say definitely a flat bed but they are unable to say what they hook on to to pull it up. Chrysler customer assistance is not able to answer the question. Chrysler towing assistance and AAA will only say it is up to the tow truck driver that is dispatched. I am not comfortable with this.
Hood Stripe Delete SS Door sills 1-4 Eliminator
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2009, 10:51 AM

Better quality tow services do carry straps and attachments that can connect to suspension and other parts when it is unclear as to how a car should be winched onto the flatbed. Hooks used to do this should raise a red flag. There is a hole right where the two plastic engine covers meet which is part of a cross-member. I would be wary of someone placing a tow hook there.

Gort, Klaatu Barada Nikto!
Old 09-25-2009, 11:49 AM

the 010 manual is clear, put it on a flat bed. There are some mileage restrictions, I think 15, for towing it on all 4 wheels under x mph, otherwise it goes up on a truck. I'm at work, don't have my manual but there is specific guidance.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:26 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would like to know about this too.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:42 PM

Here is an article to consider - and it refers to the vee straps used for winching: Howstuffworks "Flat-bed Trailer Towing "

Here is an example of a towing nightmare: Texting-While-Driving Tow Truck Driver Plows Into Pool - Texting - Jalopnik
Old 09-25-2009, 04:59 PM

Rodderrick. Thanks for the response and how stuff works link. I think we saw the texting towguy in the swimming pool on the news. We want to be able to provide some input if a tow is necessary. Still looking for info on where to hook up. I seem to have a lot of info but none verified. Some say not to hook on to suspension parts. Some say there are holes in the sub frame with plastic covers where a hook adaptor can be installed. Some say there are hooks. One service advisor said to take off plastic covers underneath the engine near the front spoiler to uncover metal attachment points near the bumper (can not see this working). Some say tow drivers have a book on attachment points but all I have talked to say the car is too new and they don't know. One local tow I talked to said they would need wood blocks to keep from damaging the spoiler when pulling up the ramp. Hopefully there is a knowledgable tow guy out there or owners that have had their cars towed that can shed light on the subject.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.