Dodge Challenger Forum banner

How fast have you gone on the road (not track)?

19K views 145 replies 101 participants last post by  MarcSpaz 
#1 · (Edited)
Did you break off the needle? ;)

#2 ·
The faster I go getting to work the more time I spend at my J O B... So I top out at about 60 mph going to work.

Coming home I regularly hit 130-140 mph, just cruising along. If I am in a hurry I might take it quicker. My commute home is a 30 second trip to the autobahn and then about 8 miles of straight road with no turns, hill's or speed limits.

I will be returning to the States in a few years, not looking forward to the speed constraints...

#8 ·
140mph is the highest I've hit in the Challenger. It would have gone faster but I wasn't on a wide open road.

155mph is the fastest I've been on public roads, but that was on a bike. It too would have gone faster, but I wasn't alone on an open road either.

#17 ·
127 once on the way to work. I would have pushed it a little more but the stretch of road was running out. The STOP sign was coming up fast. If I would have missed it I would have been out in the field with a bunch of cows and some jacked up suspension, if not worse. It was a blast as my R/T got to that speed very quickly. I usually bust it loose on the same stretch daily, as long as no one is coming or going. That way I only put my life on the line and no one elses. Be Safe Everyone.

#19 ·
Just yesterday, driving home in my 2012 SRT8 Charger from a trip to southern Germany I hit 272KM/H (170MP/H) with a BMW M5 trying to keep up with me. After 260KM/H he started to get smaller and smaller in my rearview mirror. The fastest I have had the Charger was 282KM/H (176MP/H). Please be reminded these speeds were driven legally on the Autobahn with little to no trafffic.

#20 ·
110 mph getting on the freeway on several occasions.In 3rd gear

#21 ·
55mph or 75mph depending on the state.... on the "lonely track..." 168 stock car stock everything

#22 ·
I have hit 130mph, then my exit came up. That was during a stop light hwy race with a guy in a new Volvo S60 R. Not sure why he thought he wanted to have a go, but he did. He hung with me decently, but as I wrapped to the end of 3rd and through 4th gear he was fading back in my rear view mirror.

Some day I will stretch her out further...I have a radar detector to give me the best odds I can and not get caught. I just need to do it.

#25 ·
126.1 mph for me. That .1 really makes all the difference! :D Seems to take longer than it should for me to get there though. I'm guessing altitude has something to do with it as my top speed was where I live at 8400'.

I have hit 130mph, then my exit came up. That was during a stop light hwy race with a guy in a new Volvo S60 R. Not sure why he thought he wanted to have a go, but he did. He hung with me decently, but as I wrapped to the end of 3rd and through 4th gear he was fading back in my rear view mirror.
I just ran against a S60 R last evening coming home. My wife and I were just cruising at 65 coming up the hill to our house minding our own business when he ran right up to the bumper than whipped around us and the car in front of us. Of course I had to let him have it and mashed the pedal. We caught up to him and was about to pass him when he quickly turned off the highway. I was impressed that a Volvo could run like that!

#23 ·
55 mph :eusa_dance:

#24 ·
115mph.

I really love my car and don't want to loose my license ... I would love to take it faster but will save it or a track (if I can find one nearby)

#33 ·
I hit 115 this morning on I-87... Used my turn signal every time I changes lanes (I can't stand people who don't use turn signals)

Reactions: TheHardWay
#36 ·
160 at 3am on I90 near Chicago.

#40 ·
I do my best to not pass people on the right on the highway...I diligently ride someone's bumper like an a**hole if they're going below the speed limit in the passing lane, doing my best to make them uncomfortable. After several miles if they do not move over I begrudgingly pass on the right. I always do my best to get an angry glance at the jerk disrupting the natural flow of the highway. I would say 9 out of 10 times it appears they have absolutely no clue they are going so slow nor that I was on their bumper...

I'm originally from upstate NY ... now I live in the south in the KY/TN area. It is a way bigger problem down here in the south that it was up north with us rude Yankees!

Reactions: John88
#41 ·
I'll do the same! I will ride their ass like crazy to get them to move over. If they don't I'll pass on the right and shake my head as I go by.

I actually had one lady try to chase me down when I passed her on the right. As I pulled right and accelerated, I noticed she started trying to match my speed to block me off as a car was coming in my right lane. So I dropped a gear, gunned it and man oh man she was pissed off. Flashing her lights, flipping me off trying to catch up to me and pass me on the right etc.

I gave her the jack off motion and left her behind, she didn't like that :yikes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.